James Madison University logo update

James Madison University, an FCS team in Virginia, has refreshed their logos to flatten them out a bit. No major changes, but just some updates to bring them into 2017.

Old: JMU-letter-logo-RGB.jpg     New: JMU_FulClr_WhtBG_01.jpg

Old: download.png         New: DukeDogHeadL_FulClr_WhtBG_01_01.jpg

They have also debuted some new wordmarks, in addition to the JMU logo released above:

image_handler.png

image_handler (1).png                  image_handler (2).png

53 minutes ago, 8993 said:

Old: download.png         New: DukeDogHeadL_FulClr_WhtBG_01_01.jpg

This is a great update.  Keeps the unmistakeable spirit of the original while removing unnecessary details.  

They didn't need the black, and they didn't need two outlines around the logo.  Fantastic job. 

Count me as a fan of the bevel. As I commented on their facebook, the new marks just look like any other 'modernized' wordmark. I used to mess around with the JMU to remove the black, so I don't mind that, I'm just feeling like the new letters leave more to be desired. 

With that said, I love the new Duke Dog logos.

Here's a link to the page for more information.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

This is a great update.  Keeps the unmistakeable spirit of the original while removing unnecessary details.  

They didn't need the black, and they didn't need two outlines around the logo.  Fantastic job. 

I actually think they could lose the gold outline.

hg9mgEo.png

3 hours ago, rohlfyboy said:

Here's a look at the new Duke Dog logo on the white helmets, which presumably JMU will be wearing in the national championship game on Saturday. Gotta say, I really the way it looks.

JPEG_20170105_164736.jpg

On a white background, the gold outline is unnecessary.

That said, the update is stellar. The removal of the black is awesome. Even better is the addition of the gold on the "headpiece" of the crown, as it accentuates it even more. The new wordmarks, though, are boring as hell.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

really masterful work here. i imagine the school has to be thrilled with the updated package. the bulldog logo is the same logo, but better. even a lot of the flaws (bottom teeth floating on the lips / oddly shaped nose. etc) were kept in place so it doesn't feel like a brand new mark. 

this kind of "clean up" work is much harder than it looks but when it goes right, it looks fantastic. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

this kind of "clean up" work is much harder than it looks but when it goes right, it looks fantastic. 

You ain't lying. Always much harder.

Archived