NHL 2017-18

Bmac

13 hours ago, Bayne said:

Yeah I do thanks. I said ''a lot'. not all. I'll probably still stick around.

Typical cherry-picking response.

Maybe a public forum where everyone is allowed to share their opinion isn't the place for you if you're unable to deal with someone saying "I like Johnny Canuck" without ranting about everyone else being "uneducated."

Stick around if you want, but maybe stop labouring under the assumption your opinions are anything but subjective. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, number81 said:

I dunno... it looks the same to me. 

img11635859.jpg

Nah. Compare the angles of the top part of the C. In the one you posted, the end of the C goes straight down vertically. In the teaser, the end of the C goes off to the side.

3 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Maybe a public forum where everyone is allowed to share their opinion isn't the place for you if you're unable to deal with someone saying "I like Johnny Canuck" without ranting about everyone else being "uneducated."

Stick around if you want, but maybe stop labouring under the assumption your opinions are anything but subjective. 

People who say there are no objective truths to good design and that everything is subjective are the exact reason why mediocre/poor designs are able to flourish. 

It's equivalent to the "my opinion is just as valuable as your facts" anti-intellectual movement we see today. In fact its just another facet of it. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

man_file_1052005_bad-logos-k9-compassion

Based on your sanctimonious reasoning, if I were to say this was a brilliant logo and should be the template for all future NHL team identities, you would have to respectfully accept it and continue to value my opinion and judgement on all things NHL related.

Sorry for having standards, respecting the craft and not adhering to a "everyone gets a medal for trying" mentality.

9 minutes ago, Bayne said:

People who say there are no objective truths to good design and that everything is subjective are the exact reason why mediocre/poor designs are able to flourish. 

It's equivalent to the "my opinion is just as valuable as your facts" anti-intellectual movement we see today. In fact its just another facet of it. 

True, and stuff like Johnny Canuck in front of a multi-layered V probably is too busy. 

I'm not seeing how the orca is objectively better than Johnny Canuck by himself though. 

Your opinion that the Canucks have their best look using the orca in and of itself is just that. An opinion. 

1 minute ago, Bayne said:

man_file_1052005_bad-logos-k9-compassion

Based on your sanctimonious reasoning, if I were to say this was a brilliant logo and should be the template for all future NHL team identities, you would have to respectfully accept it and continue to value my opinion and judgement on all things NHL related.

Sorry for having standards, respecting the craft and not adhering to a "everyone gets a medal for trying" mentality.

Now you're just ranting. 

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

Now you're just ranting. 

Yeah, I am. At least it wasn't a tl;dr type rant though.

Btw this wasn't just about the Canucks - I was making a larger point. I get that opinions are still a thing.

Just now, Bayne said:

Yeah, I am. At least it wasn't a tl;dr type rant though.

Btw this wasn't just about the Canucks - I was making a larger point. I get that opinions are still a thing.

Well I get that. I never said "the K9 Compassion Foundation has a brilliant logo" though. 

I'm just talking about Johnny Canuck and the orca. 

3 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Well I get that. I never said "the K9 Compassion Foundation has a brilliant logo" though. 

I'm just talking about Johnny Canuck and the orca. 

Thanks for confirming that

My original point regarding the Canucks and sticking with the Orca was separate to whether I felt it was their best logo. I'm not into repeating myself so I'll just leave it there.

12 hours ago, B-mer said:

I saw somewhere, maybe in this thread, that most teams had some slight modifications to their fonts to make them more individualized and harder(?) for producers of fake jerseys to reproduce. 

The Bruins letter font is definitely a little different. 

No they all have had custom fonts since atleast the edge Jersey unveil to make it difficult to stop counterfeiters

1 hour ago, KittSmith_95 said:

TBH, none of the logos the Canucks have been bad in principle, but execution. It's sad when the best Canuck logo isn't even for the Nucks: 

fzgq7dqweveodcd2gj98by2ks.gif

I prefer both the Orca and Johnny Canuck to this. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 hour ago, KittSmith_95 said:

TBH, none of the logos the Canucks have been bad in principle, but execution. It's sad when the best Canuck logo isn't even for the Nucks: 

This would be a bad NHL logo.  It's not even a great minor-league logo, but definitely too cartoony for a major-league one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

"This"

Saying it's not really this ... they possibly just put in a generic black sweater.

The nameplate does seem to spell out "Golden Knights"...but it's just not that green/gray color that we're used to.  More convinced that it's gray scaled.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

This would be right up there with the Fisherman Islanders logo.

XM4KeeA.png

13 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The nameplate does seem to spell out "Golden Knights"...but it's just not that green/gray color that we're used to.  More convinced that it's gray scaled.

That's possible -- the gray-scaling bit. 

That's why I said the key bit to that tweet was: "this"

That is to say, "this" was not really the uniform. Here's a guess: The entire time, Foley and his clown car wanted to keep the jersey completely under wraps in terms of not letting the public see the final product until next week. Then, Adidas went ahead and showcased the front of the sweater, where you can see the dark teal/grey color. When word got back to Foley, it was too late to change anything, but he realized he bungled yet another thing. So, he gets on the phone with Adidas and demands that any other teasers not reveal anything of substance to the general public so he can keep up the idea that we're totally in the dark about the makeup of the sweater.

Meanwhile, he's told everyone on various TSN panels and radio programs essentially what the jersey looks like. 

He just strikes me like a dope who would do this...thoughts?

6 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

That's possible -- the gray-scaling bit. 

That's why I said the key bit to that tweet was: "this"

That is to say, "this" was not really the uniform. Here's a guess: The entire time, Foley and his clown car wanted to keep the jersey completely under wraps in terms of not letting the public see the final product until next week. Then, Adidas went ahead and showcased the front of the sweater, where you can see the dark teal/grey color. When word got back to Foley, it was too late to change anything, but he realized he bungled yet another thing. So, he gets on the phone with Adidas and demands that any other teasers not reveal anything of substance to the general public so he can keep up the idea that we're totally in the dark about the makeup of the sweater.

Meanwhile, he's told everyone on various TSN panels and radio programs essentially what the jersey looks like. 

He just strikes me like a dope who would do this...thoughts?

The team could have chosen not to release the second teaser at all.  Ottawa released the crest teaser, but revealed nothing yesterday.  

I dunno.  Just seems odd.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, Morgo said:

Definitely silver/grey

Ok cool, that's what I figured, but my brain's been on the fritz about this sort of thing lately. I figured I'd make sure I haven't completely lost it, haha.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived