Players on the "RIGHT" Team, but "WRONG" Uniform

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, AstroCree said:

Mike Piazza and Jose Reyes in traditional Mets pinstripes without the black drop shadow. 

Fwu-p8SXoAEpxam.jpg:large Jose-Reyes-getty.jpg

The Mets' real uniforms are never wrong on any player.

Last year when the Mets did an old-timers' day, the best thing about it was that everyone was in the traditional uniforms. Not a black drop-shadow in sight, and likewise for the tail and the ghastly racing stripe.  And everyone looked exactly right.

Gooden's No. 16 and Strawberry's No. 18 to be retired by Mets next season |  AP News  Mets celebrate Amazin' past with Old Timers' Day at Citi Field

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 8/28/2023 at 7:38 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

By contrast, the racing stripe didn't look as bad on the uniforms of Expos, where it originated.

phillies did it long before Expos. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In general, a pinstriped uniform shouldn’t have any extra flair. Definitely no cuff or neck trim (sorry SD), and no racing stripes. It’s just too much and kinda defeats the purpose of having pinstripes. At least the Phillies was just a single fat stripe, but it didn’t even match the color of the pinstripes till the very end. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

40 minutes ago, BBTV said:
On 8/28/2023 at 7:38 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

By contrast, the racing stripe didn't look as bad on the uniforms of Expos, where it originated.

phillies did it long before Expos

The Phillies' stripe wasn't multicoloured, which is what I think of as a racing stripe. The multicolour design was introduced by the Expos, with whose uniforms it didn't clash on account of the absence of pinstripes. I still prefer the Expos' uniforms without the racing stripe; but at least the racing stripe didn't represent the design disaster that it did on the Mets' home uniform.

Likewise, on the Mets' road uniform (which featured the racing stripe starting in 1982, one year before that stripe cane to the home uniform), the racing stripe did not clash, even if it was unnecessary.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2023 at 4:33 PM, Germanshepherd said:

This commercial has Dan Marino + Randy Moss in their teams’ modern uniforms 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
… warning… this might be sports blasphemy 

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Like 3

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Those colors are just perfect.  Damn them for wearing the trash they have now when they could leverage such awesome colors from their past.

• Applause 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is this stretching it? Probably. But personally, seeing Peyton Manning in a blue facemask seems odd, considering that his best season with the Colts and his two SB trips came with the grey facemask.

spacer.png

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png