the admiral

(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

Recommended Posts

And the Blues scoring more goals but never mind that. Jake Allen is all the excuse you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Half the series are 3-0. This is really fun, you guys. If I wanted to the watch the NBA playoffs I'd watch the NBA playoffs. 

That criticism doesn't feel quite apt when one of the 3-0 leaders was a fairly big underdog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

It's literally Jake Allen that's winning this series.

And all of the Blues players who are managing to score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

And all of the Blues players who are managing to score.

 

Blackhawk and Shark thoughts: Oh, you need goals to win games don't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

And all of the Blues players who are managing to score.

Right... I forgot that almost no one scores in the NHL... The Blackhawks didn't score for their first two games, so the Blues must be really something special!!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need a snickers bar buddy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of salty fans in this thread... idk guys, i think i might just have the best claim to the award of Saltiest NHL PLayoff Fan.  Down 2-1 to an 8 seed in the first round for our 3rd straight "year", scoring 3 goals in every game this series yet losing 2 games, and having to excruciatingly watch another mental collapse in a team that's capable of a lot better...

 

(honestly at this point i wouldn't even call it saltiness on my part, just this dull sense of dread, hoping for the inevitable to not happen)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Lots of salty fans in this thread... idk guys, i think i might just have the best claim to the award of Saltiest NHL PLayoff Fan.  Down 2-1 to an 8 seed in the first round for our 3rd straight "year", scoring 3 goals in every game this series yet losing 2 games, and having to excruciatingly watch another mental collapse in a team that's capable of a lot better...

 

(honestly at this point i wouldn't even call it saltiness on my part, just this dull sense of dread, hoping for the inevitable to not happen)

I know how it feels. I've been there before. Eventually you just become numb inside...like a stripper - no soul.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Refs in MTL/NYR seem to have forgotten that hitting from behind is a penalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHAT!?!

 

A GOALIE is STEALING a playoff series!?! Alert the authorities! Signal the Ministry of Magic! Shoot a flare for the Justice League! 

 

This is has never happened before! Not once ever! No team has EVER ridden a hot goalie to a playoff series victory! It's preposterous! There must be some dark magic afoot indeed!

 

Burn Jake Allen! Burn the witch!

 

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

WHAT!?!

 

A GOALIE is STEALING a playoff series!?! Alert the authorities! Signal the Ministry of Magic! Shoot a flare for the Justice League! 

 

This is has never happened before! Not once ever! No team has EVER ridden a hot goalie to a playoff series victory! It's preposterous! There must be some dark magic afoot indeed!

 

Burn Jake Allen! Burn the witch!

 

:rolleyes:

WHAT???? I thought that the Blues skaters were stealing it??? @Ice_Cap Can you explain??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that sucked. 

 

But you also aren't gonna lose many games in the playoffs while scoring four goals. Coming home for game five, I'm not worried. Good game tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

And we’re off.

 

One down, three to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, it took 15 whole seconds Sharks? I guess it's still an improvement....

 

Capture64.PNG

 

Stop the Drilling! Stop the Oil!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

And we’re off.

 

 I like how you're using Stinger's head to denote the 16 playoff wins.  Hopefully you get to colour a few more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That PING sound is really starting to annoy me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

just this dull sense of dread

Don't worry; you get used to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FGM13 said:

Refs in MTL/NYR seem to have forgotten that hitting from behind is a penalty.

As an aside, and I guess it's because I don't really care for either team, but by far, this Rangers/Canadiens series is the series I'm least excited about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.