Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We aren't gonna hear anything for a bit, just the facts. My understand the idea behind the throwbacks is because there is already a nostalgia for those 97-08 uniforms added with the fact they've been doing alumni weekends for the past number of seasons since Shad took over the team and normally they are always dressed in teal coats/ jackets. The 25th anniversary of being awarded the team is in Nov of 2019 with the season coming a couple of years later. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Any new rumours or rumblings?

[sarcasm] Yes, but we've decided not to tell you. [/sarcasm]

Patience. I know you want to know everything before it happens with this change. Anyone who is here will post anything that we hear here.  If nothing new has been speculated or posted, it's a safe bet that no one has heard any new rumors or rumblings.  Remember, typical unveilings are in the spring.

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

[sarcasm] Yes, but we've decided not to tell you. [/sarcasm]

Patience. I know you want to know everything before it happens with this change. Anyone who is here will post anything that we hear here.  If nothing new has been speculated or posted, it's a safe bet that no one has heard any new rumors or rumblings.  Remember, typical unveilings are in the spring.

Sure thing and I apologise for being overly anxious. Il try my hardest to tone it down. 

Jaguars

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Sure thing and I apologise for being overly anxious. Il try my hardest to tone it down. 

Hey - I get it. You're fired up.  Really we all are, since that's what brought us to this place in the first case.

When news breaks, it will be here. It's all good :-)

It's where I sit.

17 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Hey - I get it. You're fired up.  Really we all are, since that's what brought us to this place in the first case.

When news breaks, it will be here. It's all good :-)

I appreciate YOU!

Jaguars

4 hours ago, Teal said:

Any new rumours or rumblings?

I heard they're dropping teal for purple.

In all seriousness, go on Twitter and find the Jags' beat writers, radio guys, TV personalities and in-house reporters. Follow them, Chris Creamer, Paul Lukas, Phil Hecken, Darren Rovell and Conrad Burry and it's likely you'll get updates from one of those accounts before they are posted here.

Take a deep breath, relax and hold on. There will be news when there's news.

8 minutes ago, Lenny Dykstra said:

Its like being at an airport. Can't control it, you're just along for the ride. You're gonna be in Cancun sooner or later so just relax. Unless the plane explodes or something but that never happens

And if it does, you can't do anything about it anyway :-)

It's where I sit.

I always disliked the teal over black look the Jags had back then. 
I never really liked a light color jersey over a dark color pants.

49sixK3.jpg

But after seeing the set the Jags wore this season, I liked it. After looking at both I realized why. It's the numbers. 
brK5Nq0.jpg

With the original set the numbers were white and it just felt imbalanced. But with this set, the black numbers match the pants and front part of the helmet. That makes it look better and in my eyes, more tolerable. 

If the Jags go with a teal over black combo more often, I hope the jersey's numbers are black. If not and they're white, no black pants with it. 

Go A's!

34 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I actually like how the black numbers look on the teal jerseys. It further separates them from the Dolphins, too.

In a still photo, sure.. But following the action live during a game is nearly impossible without white numbers.. This is true for all colored jerseys.. Calling a game for radio from the press box and watching game film are both extremely difficult when colored jerseys have colored numbers.. Regardless of how they're outlined

Since I moved to Florida I have been paying attention to all the teams and their Uniforms...  I rank them as Miami Dolphins as best, than Jags and last Tampa

The dolphins really look like a South Florida Team from the colors to the name... too bad they are going nowhere fast and until the Qb and other personnel are cleaned up their will be average for a long time..  Jags are interesting with the 2 tone helmet and colors. I think when they are playing well the uniforms are more tolerable... Not sure I like that they use Teal in the design as Miami has that covered.. I think some sort of yellow/Gold Black and white should be the colors...  3.  Tampa is just a Mess, the huge Flag, I am not sure what direction they should of taken, the creamsicles has some potential if the logo was changed some... I will get behind the Jags, boy if they had a top 10 Qb how good would they be with that defense!! 

On 11/17/2017 at 7:00 PM, Mack said:

Since I moved to Florida I have been paying attention to all the teams and their Uniforms...  I rank them as Miami Dolphins as best, than Jags and last Tampa

The dolphins really look like a South Florida Team from the colors to the name... too bad they are going nowhere fast and until the Qb and other personnel are cleaned up their will be average for a long time..  Jags are interesting with the 2 tone helmet and colors. I think when they are playing well the uniforms are more tolerable... Not sure I like that they use Teal in the design as Miami has that covered.. I think some sort of yellow/Gold Black and white should be the colors...  3.  Tampa is just a Mess, the huge Flag, I am not sure what direction they should of taken, the creamsicles has some potential if the logo was changed some... I will get behind the Jags, boy if they had a top 10 Qb how good would they be with that defense!! 

First and foremost: welcome to the boards!

Jags use a different shade of teal than the Dolphins, and also use a dark color (in this case, black) prominently, which Miami never has - navy drop-shadows on the 1997-2012 unis is the closest they've come. I think Jacksonville is fine in teal. Actually, if they'd wear teal-over-black primarily and change the helmet to solid black (matte, satin, glossy, any finish), I think they'd look decent.

As for your order...I'd agree Miami has to be on top. They don't look nearly as good as they did at EVERY point in their history prior to ripping the logo's face off in 2013, but they still look solid.

Number two just depends. If the Jags are wearing teal I'd slot them above the Bucs. Tampa's number font is annoying and, while the piping isn't as bad as it seemed when it was new, the matte pewter elements of the uniform look MUCH worse than the shiny pewter they wore with their previous uniforms. Metallic colors should not have matte finishes. 

Thing is, though, Jacksonville has a laughing-stock of a helmet that I'm sure makes an old-school guy like Tom Coughlin cringe every time he sees it - not to mention the rest of us! Meanwhile, Tampa has a very solid helmet. I'm one of the few on this board who actually like their chrome facemask and oversized pirate flag. 

So, with the Jags having better uniform design and the Buccaneers having a better helmet, I'll use jersey color as my tiebreaker. Teal beats red but red beats black. (And they all beat mustard gold.)

24 minutes ago, TJSC said:

Why don't they just remove black altogether, and make the colors teal, gold, and white. (Gold is utilized to a greater extent (helmets, etc.) compared to teal and white to differentiate themselves from the Dolphins)

Heck, no. I've seen more than enough views of this team from behind to know that an all gold helmet would pretty much be a lateral movement, in my book.

845372370.0.jpg

jaydon-mickens-of-the-jacksonville-jagua

Their first helmet was perfect and their second was a masterpiece. This shouldn't be hard.

11 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The teal flake helmet was a masterpiece, indeed. It was one of the best in the league during its time.

Teal flake looked great, but i would be interested to see what a gold flake in the same effect would look like?

Archived