XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

On 2/19/2023 at 6:39 PM, Sykotyk said:

Las Vegas Outlaws would've been a great callback to the first XFL

Huge swing and miss by Dwayne.

The Las Vegas Outlaws might've been the most memorable team from XFL v1. And unlike other original XFL identities, there was nothing edgy or offensive about that nickname, which makes it acceptable for the year 2023. And hell, the logo still goes hard. No doubt the city would've embraced Outlaws more than Vipers this go-around.

• Like 7

6uXNWAo.png

21 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The Las Vegas Outlaws might've been the most memorable team from XFL v1. And unlike other original XFL identities, there was nothing edgy or offensive about that nickname, which makes it acceptable for the year 2023. And hell, the logo still goes hard. No doubt the city would've embraced Outlaws more than Vipers this go-around.

Why?

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

11 hours ago, raysox said:

Orlando being a side-facing logo but with angled teeth kills me. This is my least favorite brand in the new launch

Now I can't unsee how the top "fangs" are basically the same size and and parallel even though one is supposed to be on the other side of the mouth.🤦‍♂️

Further proving my theory that these were merely reproductions done of the originals while adhering to the theoretical "20% change" rule. Why? I have no idea. I'm sure the trademarks to the 2020 versions were included in the sale (see Renegades). None of them, save for Houston, and maybe the Vipers, were improvements. DC and maybe Seattle were lateral, at best, while the rest were downgrades.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Cujo said:

I don't know, I think the Rage was super memorable because of the out-there logo (not saying it was the best or anything like that). Maniax logo was also eye-catching, but they didn't use it on the helmet. 

Outlaws I think is played out for Vegas. They even had an Arena Football League team called the Las Vegas Outlaws. Time to move on. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 6:51 PM, Volt said:

Even my wife pointed how badly mismatch the shades are.

Look, it happens…colors don’t always match across mediums.  But this looks like the league used maybe the former Pantone for the helmet paint, rather than, you know, updating it to match UA’s “Light Blue” or whatever they call it.

If they had just left the uniforms alone, it would've been far less noticable as the black would have separated the helmet blue with the jersey blue.

Could there be some sort of legal reason to necessitate all the changes between the three leagues?  Many of the decisions seem odd and change for change sake.

I do believe the most shocking decision from XFL 2 was ignoring the Las Vegas market.  And now they have an NFL team.  Although they were able to catch the same fire in St. Louis.  I can only guess the decisions made were in line with Vince's attempt to rebrand as the squeaky clean league and traditional.  But it's not like "Outlaws" is much different from "Renegades".

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Could there be some sort of legal reason to necessitate all the changes between the three leagues

I'd imagine "Las Vegas Outlaws" would be  permissible if "Vipers" is. 

Just a shame. The entire identity was 10/10.

2-Las-Vegas-Outlaws-banner | XFL News Hub

• Like 8

6uXNWAo.png

While I'm sure there isn't hard data to back up any claims of which identities were most memorable, I think @Cujo makes a great point at least based on anecdotes and memory: The Las Vegas Outlaws identity is likely the most recognizable identity from the first iteration of the XFL if for no other reason than Rod Smart's HE HATE ME jersey. When I think XFL1, that's what I think of: that name and the colors black, red, and gold.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

23 minutes ago, Cujo said:

I'd imagine "Las Vegas Outlaws" would be  permissible if "Vipers" is. 

Just a shame. The entire identity was 10/10.

2-Las-Vegas-Outlaws-banner | XFL News Hub

Back in the day when Madden was good, specifically '05-'07, I used to replace the whole league with 32 created teams and I always attempted to remake this team on there. 

That Las Vegas Outlaws team is one of my all-time favorite identities in sports history.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

The Outlaw identity was beautiful.  Whenever I played around with creating teams, I would use it.  Not sure why they went the way they did on that.

Looking at the Sea Dragons tonight... I don't hate the homes as much as I thought I would.  I don't know if the orange fits the city, but with them going white pants at home, they look better than I expected.  I think this color scheme really works and I like how the green pops off of the orange.  But navy jerseys probably would have fit better.

• Like 3

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Looking at the Sea Dragons tonight... I don't hate the homes as much as I thought I would.  I don't know if the orange fits the city, but with them going white pants at home, they look better than I expected.  I think this color scheme really works and I like how the green pops off of the orange.  But navy jerseys probably would have fit better.

I was just thinking that as I'm sitting here kinda half-watching this game. Orange isn't the first color I think of when I think "Seattle"--then again, I don't think orange at all when I think Seattle. But perhaps that'll play in their favor. 

St. Louis on the other hand...yyyyeeeaaahh no. Not really working for me. (And lookie here...Bruce Gradkowski of all people is their OC. Not sure whether to chuckle at that or...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

20 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

The Outlaw identity was beautiful.  Whenever I played around with creating teams, I would use it.  Not sure why they went the way they did on that.

Similar.

When using Madden franchise mode, I 'd play as the Cardinals, move them to Vegas and rebrand them to the Outlaws.

6uXNWAo.png

19 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I was just thinking that as I'm sitting here kinda half-watching this game. Orange isn't the first color I think of when I think "Seattle"--then again, I don't think orange at all when I think Seattle. But perhaps that'll play in their favor. 

St. Louis on the other hand...yyyyeeeaaahh no. Not really working for me. (And lookie here...Bruce Gradkowski of all people is their OC. Not sure whether to chuckle at that or...)

I'm not even so much talking about the association between the color and the city.  There are plenty of random pairings there through sports history.  I'm more concerned with the colors being associated with other locations that serve as rivals.  Like if there's a distaste for Denver.

I don't mind St. Louis.  I'd normally be against skipping white, but I think grey works with their metallic aesthetic.

Just now, Cujo said:

Much like Dallas Arlington, they could've put more of an effort into matching Seattle's helmets and jersey

Just now, CDCLT said:

I think that's due to finish, and not due to material matching. That Seattle helmet is really nice.

Yeah, I give them a pass because of the shine.  It doesn't look like they just screwed up and got the wrong helmets.

• Like 3

spacer.png

spacer.png