Death of the Alliance of American Football

LAWeaver

13 minutes ago, See Red said:

That's every team's WRs, though.

Birmingham's drop as many as anybody from what I've seen so far and their YouTube QB still moves them downfield.  

I take this back.  What the hell, Denard?

Atlanta still should've changed QBs by now, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Atlanta successfully tried that 4th and 12 onside conversion...only to throw another pick.

My favorite new rule of the AAF is eliminated kickoffs. I don't understand the purpose of onside kicks when 99% of them fail.

Putting a team in Atlanta seemed like a bad idea and seeing them struggling isn't going to help anyone. If this league makes it to year two, I'd expect the Atlanta team to relocate. Can't expect a secondary football team to succeed in an NFL market.

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

the AAF fans on Reddit will spin it into a positive somehow. 

Imagine if that had been inside Mercedes Benz Stadium

Went to the game this afternoon. I’ll at least say that the 10,700 figure doesn’t seem far off from what was visible in the stands. As points of comparison, Georgia State draws about 15,000 to the same stadium, and Georgia Tech draws an alleged 40,000 across town. It’s not an embarrassment anyhow. 

My end zone seemed pretty crowded. Granted, it was $7/ticket. We moved over to the sidelines at halftime. It helped that there was seemingly no security whatsoever. 

The crowd was most active in rooting against Matt Simms. The guy got a delay of game on the first possession and spent the rest of the day having the crowd yell out a countdown for every snap clock, then got booed off the field after every futile drive. The announcer couldn’t get an “all hail ATL” chant going to save his life, but the “WE WANT MURRAY!” was reverberating throughout the entire game. And honestly, for a team that used Murray in so many promos and should be trying to build some good will with a new fan base, they don’t seem remotely interested in playing the hometown favorite. 

On the whole, it was a good experience. Moved very quickly at least. I’d go again if I happened to be in town, but won’t make another special trip. 

PJU85JF.png

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Imagine if that had been inside Mercedes Benz Stadium

Why? 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, alxy8s said:

And honestly, for a team that used Murray in so many promos and should be trying to build some good will with a new fan base, they don’t seem remotely interested in playing the hometown favorite. 

What this means is that the decisions about who should play are being made by the coach, and not by the marketing department.  This is how it should be.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived