canzman

2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, insert name said:

Is there any real evidence that proves the 1-helmet rule is safer for players? 

 

I have evidence that blessed 1 helmet rule is helping to keep the NFL safe from an ugly riot of mismatched uniform combinations.  This evidence is on display on TV every Saturday in the fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Why does team that wears the same damn ugly monochrome combo at every home game bother to announce it?

 

I'm going to announce that I'll be using the bathroom tommorow.

 

Haha, that's too funny! 

 

I thought the exact same thing when I viewed that tweet.  (Except the part about using the bathroom tomorrow)  😃

 

That's like the NY Yankees tweeting that they'll be wearing their navy pinstriped white NY uniforms for their next home game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

So now for Week 14 on Sunday night we're gonna get the Rams on the road in mismatched white horn helmet with gold accent jersey vs. the Bears in navy. Pitiful. 

 

Also the Titans will shockingly be in white over navy, which is an abomination.

 

Please please Rams, do NOT wear those navy pants and navy socks with the white jersey against da Bears!! 

 

and I'm usually a big fan of colored pants, but theirs with the white horned helmets and mostly white jerseys almost gives it that classic George Allen and Fearsome-Foursome look of 1965-1972 with white pants ....  but those navy pants and socks just ruin it. The navy socks are fine, as long as they wear the white pants.

 

That Rams at Seattle game, the 'NAVY BOWL' ... it was making me dizzy, nearly on level with AZ at KC last week when the Cards donned their cardinal-red pants.  Imagine if the Chiefs had gone mono-red for that game. 😲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Why does team that wears the same damn ugly monochrome combo at every home game bother to announce it?

 

I'm going to announce that I'll be using the bathroom tomorrow.

G4QIbGP.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Why does team that wears the same damn ugly monochrome combo at every home game bother to announce it?

 

I'm going to announce that I'll be using the bathroom tommorow.

Meanwhile vs the Rams they didn't announce the white over WOLF GREY pants. This week it makes sense though because a lot of people were expecting color rush. Otherwise though they should just forget about announcing home uniforms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

I have evidence that blessed 1 helmet rule is helping to keep the NFL safe from an ugly riot of mismatched uniform combinations.  This evidence is on display on TV every Saturday in the fall.

 

The old rule was fine where you could only use an alternate helmet if it was for a throwback.

 

No ones asking the NFL to become college.

 

We wanna see Bucco Bruce, Pat Patriot, red falcons, Oilers, etc. The Vikings could wear the Tarkenton era uniforms since the current helmet is satin and would look awful if they tried it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VikWings said:

 

The old rule was fine where you could only use an alternate helmet if it was for a throwback.

 

No ones asking the NFL to become college.

 

Yeah, I realize that's not what anyone is asking for, but unfortunately, that isn't how these things work.  You can't just say, here, we'll give you the ability to have an alternate helmet, but you have to promise to be discrete and tasteful with it. Given the option, the teams that are already cautious and careful with their visual brand will most likely remain so, and the teams that aren't will do something stupid.  Plus, Nike's gonna Nike.

 

Safest play is just to take it out of everyone's hands. One helmet, no worries. Now if we could just go back to only one alt jersey, restricted to twice a year, I'd be even happier.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Yeah, I realize that's not what anyone is asking for, but unfortunately, that isn't how these things work.  You can't just say, here, we'll give you the ability to have an alternate helmet, but you have to promise to be discrete and tasteful with it. Given the option, the teams that are already cautious and careful with their visual brand will most likely remain so, and the teams that aren't will do something stupid.  Plus, Nike's gonna Nike.

 

Safest play is just to take it out of everyone's hands. One helmet, no worries. Now if we could just go back to only one alt jersey, restricted to twice a year, I'd be even happier.  

Boring, this year has been a lot of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Yeah, I realize that's not what anyone is asking for, but unfortunately, that isn't how these things work.  You can't just say, here, we'll give you the ability to have an alternate helmet, but you have to promise to be discrete and tasteful with it. Given the option, the teams that are already cautious and careful with their visual brand will most likely remain so, and the teams that aren't will do something stupid.  Plus, Nike's gonna Nike.

 

Safest play is just to take it out of everyone's hands. One helmet, no worries. Now if we could just go back to only one alt jersey, restricted to twice a year, I'd be even happier.  

 

I agree with you on everything except for the last part. It’s allowed a lot of teams to manage their branding mistakes, e.g., Rams barely using mismatched blue jerseys, Jags wearing the teal jerseys more than black, the Ravens’ black jerseys getting more exposure (with white pants), etc..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

 

I agree with you on everything except for the last part. It’s allowed a lot of teams to manage their branding mistakes, e.g., Rams barely using mismatched blue jerseys, Jags wearing the teal jerseys more than black, the Ravens’ black jerseys getting more exposure (with white pants), etc..

 

I guess.  OR... those teams could just fix their uniforms for real, and not have the crutch of all those extra looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's already listed correctly a few pages back, but for anyone that forgot or didn't hear, the Eagles are wearing green at New Orleans thanks to a bet between Doug Pederson and Sean Payton earlier this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VikWings said:

 

The old rule was fine where you could only use an alternate helmet if it was for a throwback.

 

No ones asking the NFL to become college.

 

We wanna see Bucco Bruce, Pat Patriot, red falcons, Oilers, etc. The Vikings could wear the Tarkenton era uniforms since the current helmet is satin and would look awful if they tried it.

 

Could have still seen the oilers had the Titans not completely F'd up their whole look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe since Tennessee is wearing white/navy this week, they'll end up in white/light blue in Houston for MNF next week. That would actually be better anyway and the team seems to rotate its combos on a fairly consistent basis, so that could be next on the queue. We've already seen a navy-heavy matchup of them on MNF against the other Texas team, so hopefully this happens, especially since it's a big divisional game now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 11:

Throwbacks: Falcons and Redskins
Alternates: Bears, Jaguars
Color Rush: Lions, Packers, Saints, Rams.

Seahawks were never scheduled to wear Color Rush,  someone wrote an article about that but it was never scheduled and is now clearly not happening.

Cardinals are supposed to be in red unless something changed.

Lions color rush, I still can't figure out if that's considered a white or color jersey. They wore it against the Cowboys in white, now it looks like they will wear it against Panthers black - which should work.  Maybe its a case-by-case thing to see what clashes because its a very dark gray. FWIW Seahawks gray is considered a white alt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 12:
5 Color Rush
2 throwbacks
3 teams are wearing white jerseys at home

 

Also I peaked ahead -- there's one game in Week 13 everyone here is going to drool over.   You can probably figure it out if you look at the matchups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

Also I peaked ahead -- there's one game in Week 13 everyone here is going to drool over.   You can probably figure it out if you look at the matchups. 

bills.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

Week 12:
5 Color Rush
2 throwbacks
3 teams are wearing white jerseys at home

 

Also I peaked ahead -- there's one game in Week 13 everyone here is going to drool over.   You can probably figure it out if you look at the matchups. 

Chargers and Broncos in Color Rash for sure

Cowboys I'd assume Color Rush

Lions in Throwbacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, goforbroke said:

Week 11:

Throwbacks: Falcons and Redskins
Alternates: Bears, Jaguars
Color Rush: Lions, Packers, Saints, Rams.

Seahawks were never scheduled to wear Color Rush,  someone wrote an article about that but it was never scheduled and is now clearly not happening.

Cardinals are supposed to be in red unless something changed.

Lions color rush, I still can't figure out if that's considered a white or color jersey. They wore it against the Cowboys in white, now it looks like they will wear it against Panthers black - which should work.  Maybe its a case-by-case thing to see what clashes because its a very dark gray. FWIW Seahawks gray is considered a white alt. 

 

Sorry I just want to clarify -- Seahawks were never scheduled to wear Color Rush THIS WEEK. They are supposed to wear them later this season

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, goforbroke said:

Week 12:
5 Color Rush
2 throwbacks
3 teams are wearing white jerseys at home

 

Also I peaked ahead -- there's one game in Week 13 everyone here is going to drool over.   You can probably figure it out if you look at the matchups. 

I was 7 for 8 for Week 11 so let's try again:

 

3 white at homes is tough: I think TB, DAL, BUF

2 Throwbacks: DET, maybe NO if Buffalo isn't in throwback? But if BUF is throwback then IDK who the other WAH would be

5 Color Rush: DEN, LAC, MIN?, IND?, BAL?

 

I'm torn on a few of these. We must be in for some big surprises.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.