2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching this game makes me mad that the Rams new stadium is going to be a dome with turf. I know natural light will get through and the windows will be open but there is just something special about a hazy California night on grass or a nice afternoon. Should've went retractable roof

25 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Watching this game makes me mad that the Rams new stadium is going to be a dome with turf. I know natural light will get through and the windows will be open but there is just something special about a hazy California night on grass or a nice afternoon. Should've went retractable roof

ITs not a dome, it’s transparent like the Vikings stadium....plenty of natural light 

los-angeles-rams-stadium-1.jpg?itok=spko

44 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

ITs not a dome, it’s transparent like the Vikings stadium....plenty of natural light 

los-angeles-rams-stadium-1.jpg?itok=spko

It’s Los Angeles. They shouldn’t have a roof at all. And I completely agree with the original poster’s comment about the haze and natural grass. It’s just going to feel sterile, like a stadium that could fit in any other city.

22 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

It’s Los Angeles. They shouldn’t have a roof at all. And I completely agree with the original poster’s comment about the haze and natural grass. It’s just going to feel sterile, like a stadium that could fit in any other city.

You have to remember that Southern California heat is nasty. New stadium having a roof means its less likely the Rams and Chargers will wear white at home.

bSLCtu2.png

I’ve lived 15 minutes away from where they’re building the stadium since early September and can’t say I’ve formed the opinion that the football season temperatures in Los Angeles are anything extraordinary. And it doesn’t seem to make a significant difference for either team in their current venues, or for USC and UCLA. 

44 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

You have to remember that Southern California heat is nasty. New stadium having a roof means its less likely the Rams and Chargers will wear white at home.

Theres another fix for that... Rams wear yellow for home games and Chargers wear powder blues. Both could keep a darker blue for later in the season or a night game. With the materials of uniforms now days, it’s ridiculous for teams to claim that white at home is for the heat. Especially when colleges, who play in the same cities as the pro teams, as well as  all over the country can pull off dark jerseys all season long.

It’d be kinda neat if Rams stuck with two different helmet colors home/away, it’s kinda cool to see something different (I don’t want every team to be doing this though).

With the Rams road uniforms being fixed so they don’t look ridiculous that is. Keep the yellow as the alt and the current throwback as the home and fixed the roads so they look like this 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo4asFQwKjBnyx_-_BW_t

The Rams should go with the yellow jerseys and blue jerseys and call it a day. (Kinda of like their neighbors the Kings and Lakers did). They could wear the yellow or blue at home and the yellow certainly would not cause any clashing problems with others teams home uniforms.

6 minutes ago, Froob said:

With the Rams road uniforms being fixed so they don’t look ridiculous that is. Keep the yellow as the alt and the current throwback as the home and fixed the roads so they look like this.

As much as I love the the 60s rams white uniforms we'd miss out on this great look.

marshall-fault-1999-st-louis-rams.jpg

2 minutes ago, Nick72Phins said:

I was wondering if the Saints would wear their throwbacks on thanksgiving, thankfully its happening. And are the Cowboys really going with white jerseys on thanksgiving

Cowboys should always be in white jerseys especially on thanksgiving. Their navy tops are horrible, even more so now that they've given in fully to nike technology. They were passable when they had that shimmer from previous manufacturer.

7 hours ago, bowld said:

Rams are only putting a roof on it so they can host Final 4s and other big events outside of nfl

Exactly, nowadays these stadiums are more than just for football.

i just read the other day the dolphins stadium is hosting a tennis tournament with center court in the stadium.

9 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

it was a pretty awesome night. It just looked like football. I guess they will have a roof so they can get more use out of it (final fours, concerts, etc) 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

16 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Rumor has it the Saints throwback is black, so its not the white color rush.

I'm just guessing/hoping it's 1981 version. Tribute to the Archie and the aints! 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Archived