2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, daveindc said:

This should be the Saints' permanent look, minus the black socks and gold pants. The gold and white is just beautiful.

Honestly saints should wear the throwback black top with either the gold striped or white striped pants for one look. And then White top with 3 options, gold striped, white striped, or black striped pants for games wearing white tops. Using the throwback look as basis for revamp.

10 hours ago, FroznYogurt said:

God I hate the public

5gmPlHi.png

What is this on, Instagram, Snapchat? They wear all black vs. Atlanta every year, it's ridiculous. They mix it up with the gold pants against the other teams in their division, but they haven't done this vs. the Falcons since 2007...

19 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

That must've been quite a odd site to see. The first couple of Polaroids taken the 1st qtr, before the Vikings swapped their jerseys from white to purple. Ya can't see any Lions in the Fran Tarkenton photo, but credit to the Vikings for knowing to wear white stripped socks when wearing purple pants. They should've left a note to be opened in 40 years about that. Haha. 🙂

3c7f83e243f39104063602279fa56c7c.jpg

You won't see any Lions in that photo because it is at Lambeau Field 🙂

It's where I sit.

54 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

You won't see any Lions in that photo because it is at Lambeau Field 🙂

Yeap, you're right,  I recognize that yellow Lambeau gate.

* bows head in embarrassment *  😖

This one below is most likely the one from the 1st qtr of their home game against the Lions that I should've posted, especially with Lambeau Field security out on patrol.  

s-l225.jpg

On 11/20/2018 at 10:06 AM, BrianLion said:

The people trying to sell 70,000 seats in SoCal for 17 weeks likely do. 

A retractable roof is the best of both worlds. I understand it was pointless in Minnesota but in a warm climate retractable should always be the choice.

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Titans will be in all white again against a navy team from Texas on Monday Night Football this week. It's been a bout 3 weeks since that's happened. Unreal. Why does this team hate light blue? It is beyond explanation.

I think Bud Adams' daughter and son-in-law have a thing against light blue. Regarding the Titans' choice of uniform for MNF in five days, they are probably thinking "we won with this combo in Dallas; so we will wear it again in Houston".

18 hours ago, FSUViking said:

When I was growing up and saw da Bears game televised during the infancy years of color TV sets I too had long believed that they wore black, but they don't.

I asked a friend about that years ago as he is from the Chicago area and he told me the official color is known as either midnight-navy or dark-navy.  I guess that makes sense because it looks a notch or two darker than regular navy, like what is worn by SEA, TEN, Chargers, or DENVER alternate.

The 'C' logo on the helmet was switched from white to orange in 1973.

1 hour ago, msubulldog said:

I think Bud Adams' daughter and son-in-law have a thing against light blue. Regarding the Titans' choice of uniform for MNF in five days, they are probably thinking "we won with this combo in Dallas; so we will wear it again in Houston".

That may have to do with it. Never understood that logic though. Call me crazy, but I think if teams executed their game plans and produced on the field, the color of their pants would be irrelevant regardless of superstitions.

On 11/20/2018 at 8:40 PM, upperV03 said:

It’s always been navy, not black. Go look at the Gridiron Uniform Database or trucolor.net (formerly ColorWerx) if you don’t believe me.

I believe my eyes. And Walter Peyton is 100% wearing a BLACK jersey in that photo.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:59 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

It's not.

20389b_lg.jpeg

VTG-Champion-Jersey-Chicago-Bears-Dick-B  VTG-Champion-Jersey-Chicago-Bears-Dick-B

Those are navy blue. Those also look nothing like what Payton and Singletary are wearing in those photos.

14 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

That is most definitely navy blue

Just like "the dress" was definitely blue & black and not white & gold, right?

31 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

I believe my eyes. And Walter Peyton is 100% wearing a BLACK jersey in that photo.

How can you possibly think this? They've never worn black in the entire history of the franchise, not even when they were known as the Staleys. The reality is that the shade of the navy blue depends all on the lighting and the quality of the photograph. It's alot like how the Cleveland Indians old navy jersey that they wore back in the 2016 World Series looked like it was black, but was just a super dark navy, I think it was officially midnight navy, but I don't think the Bears use that because the blue is much more pronounced than that Indians alternate.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, FSUViking said:

Those are navy blue. Those also look nothing like what Payton and Singletary are wearing in those photos.

The picture was pretty dark and desaturated, that's why the Navy looks very dark and black. 

I upped the saturation and brightness and it brought back out the blue and orange.

69nV4z2h.jpg

8 hours ago, FSUViking said:

Are you being serious? 

Archived