2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

90% of color rush uniforms would look better if they used different colored socks

I tell myself the same thing all the time. The Colts with white striped socks, the Broncos with navy socks, the Ravens with black socks, etc. would all look much better, but millennials and fans who lack artistic inclination think it's "cool" for everything to be one color for some reason. I never realized how much the same pant/sock color thing bugged me until I was forced to see 5 Color Rush unis every week this season.....

57 minutes ago, Chawls said:

Are the Ravens the only NFL team that has two different jerseys and pants that are both the same base (non-white) color? 

Texans navy (normal jersey has white lettering, while normal pants have red/white/red stripes; CR version has red lettering and white/red/white striped pants)

Patriots CR uses a different  jersey design, otherwise I'd count them

Vikings CR has no white below the neck, versus the white top stripe and lettering of the normal jerseys.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1 hour ago, s3ahawkz said:

90% of color rush uniforms would look better if they used different colored socks

You can make that 100 as far as I'm concerned... In fact all NFL uniforms are much better with contrasting socks. If I were to be made commissioner of the league, I'd make a rule that teams can choose to wear socks that are the same color as their pants, but when they do, I'd be allowed to fly to the game and repeatedly punch the equipment manager in the throat until I feel better.

13 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

I’m surprised the Bucs wore white at home today against the 49ers.  I expected them to wear the colors being this late in the year.  Now I’m thinking they are going WAH for remainder of the season.

On a related note, I see that they wore the white pants with the red stripe.  If I’m not mistaken, is this the first regular season game where they wore these?

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

I tell myself the same thing all the time. The Colts with white striped socks, the Broncos with navy socks, the Ravens with black socks, etc. would all look much better, but millennials and fans who lack artistic inclination think it's "cool" for everything to be one color for some reason. I never realized how much the same pant/sock color thing bugged me until I was forced to see 5 Color Rush unis every week this season.....

Why does everyone always default to bashing millenials these days? I think people mean to bash those who were born in the late 90's/early 2000's. I'm basically a millenial and I'm almost 30 and have zero connection with what people describe millenials to be.

bSLCtu2.png

16 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

May have missed this, but just curious do you have to wear the color rush uniform entirely? Could the Broncos wear their color rush jerseys and helmets with white pants, or would that break some rule? Is it all or nothing 

I’ve thought about this as well. Clearly, as shown by Dallas, the CR pants can be mixed in with other jerseys, but to this point, no team has worn the CR jerseys with any other pants or even socks. The conclusion I’ve come to is that CR jerseys are all or nothing and if they were worn with other pants they’d be considered and alternate jersey, therefore giving up one of their jerseys, in Denver’s case, wearing CR with white pants would make the CR the official alternate jersey and the league would require the navy jerseys be dropped. 

Take it all with a grain of salt because I’m just some random guy and this is just a conclusion I came to on my own with no official knowledge 

22 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

May have missed this, but just curious do you have to wear the color rush uniform entirely? Could the Broncos wear their color rush jerseys and helmets with white pants, or would that break some rule? Is it all or nothing 

I'm curious about this too.  I know the Raiders wore their Color Rush jersey but the regular pants.  I think for a team like Denver it would create a clash but maybe it can work?

4 hours ago, Bill81361 said:

Broncos in color rush orange and throwback helmets

Came here looking for discussion of the D on the Navy shell instead of Royal creating a de facto fauxback helmet.

Any other examples of throwback decal on wrong color shell?

8 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

Texans navy (normal jersey has white lettering, while normal pants have red/white/red stripes; CR version has red lettering and white/red/white striped pants)

Patriots CR uses a different  jersey design, otherwise I'd count them

Vikings CR has no white below the neck, versus the white top stripe and lettering of the normal jerseys.

Forgot bout them all! Haha! Thanks. If we’re opening up the discussion to include different jersey designs, then I guess the Browns and Jets count too? 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Not sure to what extent the Jets count, given their CR set uses a different shade of green.  It is technically their normal design, though the sleeves don't contrast there.

Browns are in the same boat as the Pats.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

11 hours ago, jn8 said:

I’ve thought about this as well. Clearly, as shown by Dallas, the CR pants can be mixed in with other jerseys, but to this point, no team has worn the CR jerseys with any other pants or even socks. The conclusion I’ve come to is that CR jerseys are all or nothing and if they were worn with other pants they’d be considered and alternate jersey, therefore giving up one of their jerseys, in Denver’s case, wearing CR with white pants would make the CR the official alternate jersey and the league would require the navy jerseys be dropped. 

Take it all with a grain of salt because I’m just some random guy and this is just a conclusion I came to on my own with no official knowledge 

Probably not the case because the Bears have their throwbacks and wear orange over white. Think you can have two alternate uniforms and can wear them up to three times.

12 hours ago, jn8 said:

I don’t think this is entirely true. Teams can wear any pants they want.  I don’t think Color Rush all monochrome is a thing anymore.  At this point if they are still pairing them with the color rush pants it’s either habit or because they were designed to go together. Just remember the teams did have a say in designing their color rush uniforms, so outside of Washington there are people at the orgabazions that think those uniforms look ok. 

But don’t teams like the Seahawks and eagles have combos where their color rush jerseys have been worn with normal pants in the past?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

2 minutes ago, goforbroke said:

I don’t think this is entirely true. Teams can wear any pants they want.  I don’t think Color Rush all monochrome is a thing anymore.  At this point if they are still pairing them with the color rush pants it’s either habit or because they were designed to go together. Just remember the teams did have a say in designing their color rush uniforms, so outside of Washington there are people at the orgabazions that think those uniforms look ok. 

But don’t teams like the Seahawks and eagles have combos where their color rush jerseys have been worn with normal pants in the past?

The Eagles have worn Black jerseys with white pants before, but they haven’t worn that since 2013 and since then they’ve worn the black jerseys exclusively with black pants. Since their color rush was just their all black alternate anyways, they just go ahead and pair the black jerseys with the black pants. 

The Seahawks have worn lime green jerseys with different colored pants, but that was back with Reebok and it was a different jersey then the color rush they have now. They have yet to wear their current color rush with different colored pants.

Archived