CCSLC Board Technical Issues

To provide an update to a few issues...

*I just started the process of reindexing the board.  Hopefully that'll solve the issue with the search feature.  It'll take a while.

*The ad issues are being addressed.  I have no idea what the timeframe will be but the process has started.

• Like 11

VmWIn6B.png

Glad to hear the ad issues are being addressed. Hit a new low tonight. I would pay a couple bucks a month to not have to deal with this.

eYJk0ur.png

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hope I can do this fast enough, because my antivirus keeps blocking the site as a phishing attack, due to one of those full screen takeover ads that insists I'm eligible for a $1,000 Walmart gift card.

EDIT: Happened twice in the time it took me to type this.

• Like 3
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 3 weeks later...

Is The Lounge loading especially slow for anyone else? The other sub-forums load fine, but The Lounge takes a good 10 seconds.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

42 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Is The Lounge loading especially slow for anyone else? The other sub-forums load fine, but The Lounge takes a good 10 seconds.

We've noticed that for a while.  Not sure what we can do about it.

One of the issues is that there's a board update that's been pending for a bit but can't be installed since it's incompatible with the current board configuration.  Chris is looking into how to  adapt it.

• Like 1

VmWIn6B.png

Per the release notes for that update, it's only compatible with boards that are configured for 2,500 or fewer ads per page, so a few dozen need to be cut out before it gets applied.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

1 - it still stinks that merging the bot's post into the main Bengals thread resets my having read that thread to zero.

2 - three redirects in the last 5 minutes. Yes, reported

The merging was my bad.  I didn't know it would cause weirdness.

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

30 minutes ago, CS85 said:

The merging was my bad.  I didn't know it would cause weirdness.

No problem. I think I have whined about it before (my word, not casting shade or anything). I THINK that anytime threads are merged, weirdness ensues with the board's ability to know where you left off. Is it important? Not really, but I was having one of those evenings that it merited a post 😁

It's where I sit.

On 4/14/2021 at 7:46 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

1 - it still stinks that merging the bot's post into the main Bengals thread resets my having read that thread to zero.

2 - three redirects in the last 5 minutes. Yes, reported

three more, again, including a re-direct from the 'report spam ad' post, which is ironic or something. Don't at me if that isn't ironic, I really don't care 🙂

And yes, reported

It's where I sit.

39 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

three more, again, including a re-direct from the 'report spam ad' post, which is ironic or something. Don't at me if that isn't ironic, I really don't care 🙂

And yes, reported

I did a full erase and factory restore of my phone, so it was basically a brand-new phone.  Didn't 'restore from backup' - started out brand new.  So no chance of 'viruses' or any bugs or whatever.  The first site I came to was this one, and on the very first visit, got hijacked every single time by some site claiming that my phone had a virus and I had to click somewhere to pay them to repair it.  Couldn't stay on the site for longer than around 10 seconds before it got redirected to either a virus-scam site or a gambling site.  After another restart, I'm not getting hijacked, but I'm dealing with 1" of usable space on the phone because of the pop-up ads and other nonsense - on a brand-new phone.  This site (not its content or members) is crap.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I did a full erase and factory restore of my phone, so it was basically a brand-new phone.  Didn't 'restore from backup' - started out brand new.  So no chance of 'viruses' or any bugs or whatever.  The first site I came to was this one, and on the very first visit, got hijacked every single time by some site claiming that my phone had a virus and I had to click somewhere to pay them to repair it.  Couldn't stay on the site for longer than around 10 seconds before it got redirected to either a virus-scam site or a gambling site.  After another restart, I'm not getting hijacked, but I'm dealing with 1" of usable space on the phone because of the pop-up ads and other nonsense - on a brand-new phone.  This site (not its content or members) is crap.

Yeah, I encounter that a lot too. I would gladly donate a chunk of change so this site can have some decent anti-virus protection. Love the community, love the members, hate the redirects.

5 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Yeah, I encounter that a lot too. I would gladly donate a chunk of change so this site can have some decent anti-virus protection. Love the community, love the members, hate the redirects.

Only the mobile version does it.

It's where I sit.

On 4/22/2021 at 10:35 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Only the mobile version does it.

Mobile just isn't usable for me right now. I'll stick to desktop version until it sounds like something has happened.

No, it isn't my phone that's the issue, it's only this site.

It's where I sit.

23 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

So, how would we go about making it so that mobile version is actually usable and not a haven of viruses? 

What browser are you using (mobile)? Samsung's browser MIGHT have been the issue for me.

It's where I sit.

37 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

What browser are you using (mobile)? Samsung's browser MIGHT have been the issue for me.

Safari. I don’t get it nearly as bad as I did with Android Google but it is still an issue that happens a lot more than it should.

EDIT: I’m a dumbass, it’s Google Chrome on Android not Android Google. 

Edited by Red Comet

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.