CCSLC Board Technical Issues

14 hours ago, monkeypower said:

That "Thread Info Bar" (for lack of a better name) on the side is an interesting thing.

I think it might tell on some people, see BBTV being number one in this thread, but it's kind of neat, if not useless, to see the popular days and posts.

what do you mean “tell on some people”?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What do the little badges on some members’ avatars mean? For example, Die Perske and LMU have them. Doesn’t seem to be tied to any particular user group that I can tell. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

What do the little badges on some members’ avatars mean? For example, Die Perske and LMU have them. Doesn’t seem to be tied to any particular user group that I can tell. 

That means they're a moderator -- maybe not board-wide, but on at least one subforum. Quite a few people have mod powers in specific fantasy leagues.

• Like 1

I haven't been on too much in the last day to really play around, but the expand quote function is sneaky good. Always hated the second post of my concept threads just being a quote of my posts with "nice job", so I really appreciate it that it doesn't fully preview anymore.

Looking forward to this ad-less format Chris alluded to, once that launches now we'll really be cooking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

That means they're a moderator -- maybe not board-wide, but on at least one subforum. Quite a few people have mod powers in specific fantasy leagues.

This would make sense, seeing as I'm a cocommish for ULL.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

what do you mean “tell on some people”?

It was a joke. 

Like now you can see who's been the most active in a given thread so you can see when people have either a) an interest in the topic of a given thread, b) have strong opinions on the topic or, c) have a "reason" they're so active in the threads. Then you might be able jump to some conclusions based off that info like any good internet armchair detective/psychologist does.

Like you, for example, with your history of spats with the mods are #1 in both this thread and in the Ask A Mod thread. It tracks. I'm #4 in the Theme Parks thread, that also tracks.

There's nothing super scandalous on the boards, so nobody's wondering why someone would have a far and away #1 spot in something like a "What Rash is This?" thread, but if a thread ever gets contentious or is "controversial" you can see who's really involved.

IbjBaeE.png

2 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

Not so much a technical issue, but is there no way to get rid of the thread summary that is now present in the top right corner of the threads? 

Not sure if it's a "everyone gets it or no one gets it" feature or if you can toggle it based on your own tastes, if you guys really don't like it I can disable

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Just now, Bruhammydude said:

I honestly kinda like this design over the previous one, I just wish their was a more accessible way to upload images from your computer

By the way, I am on a laptop (and I never really view the site on any other device), so I could see some problems being on mobile that aren't on the desktop version

• Like 1

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

I like pretty much everything about the redesign except how everything is now off to the left with a giant gray block on the right of the screen. It'd look a lot better centered, although I understand that's probably not possible due to the "post stats" or whatever at the top right.

• Like 3

ExJworW.png

2 hours ago, CC97 said:

Not sure if it's a "everyone gets it or no one gets it" feature or if you can toggle it based on your own tastes, if you guys really don't like it I can disable

I don't hate the feature, but it does leave a giant block of negative space on the right side of the page once you start scrolling down.

• Like 2

One glitch I’ve noticed: on mobile version (not sure if it’s on desktop), when I click a notification that says someone liked my post, it doesn’t take me to the post that was liked anymore, it just takes me to the first unread message of the thread. Not sure if it’s happened to anyone else or if that’s just what happens now. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Would there be anyway to get the "Mark Forum as Read" button back? I like that there's still the mark site as read, but it was much easier to know which forums I had cleared all the content that I was interested in reading from.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

21 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Would there be anyway to get the "Mark Forum as Read" button back? I like that there's still the mark site as read, but it was much easier to know which forums I had cleared all the content that I was interested in reading from.

It's still there.

z7VXfGt.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Sorry to bring this up again, but is there anything that can be done about the notification e-mails?

Formerly, each notification e-mail contained the entirety of a post. Now the content of those e-mails is truncated.

That's been switched over.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.