AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

I love that set! I'd love nothing than for the Checkers to return to their blue and orange color scheme full-time. Last season the Checkers wore a Charlotte FC-inspired blue, white, and black set and it looked great. All in all I prefer them in blue over red but I don't think they'll ever change full-time. From what I've heard the owner is a Georgia alum which resulted in the red and black.

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 2/24/2023 at 2:38 PM, NicDB said:

The Milwaukee Admirals are wearing special jerseys based on the people's flag for Milwaukee Day (4/14, like the area code).

I don't deploy this often because it's annoying, but 100% behind this as their full-time set.

EDIT: 87.5%, shrink it down a bit to normal proportions.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Swift Current Broncos dipped into MiLB territory yesterday where they played a game as the Lake Diefenbaker Slough Sharks (Slough Shark being a nickname for pike apparently).

It's fun enough I think.

I was going to say the numbers look like a poor afterthought, but the original design had the numbers being that pale yellow colour so something must have happened during manufacturing.

IbjBaeE.png

Three maple leaves and three stars represent 17 Canadian teams and five American teams? Damn, the last time the exchange rate was this bad, the Jets had to move to Phoenix.

The trophy looks like what I make jello salads in.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, colinturner95 said:

as a curious American, is the tape on the helmet a decorative thing among Canadian minor hockey or does it serve a larger purpose ?

Typically it's a decorative thing done for playoffs. I know of some lower-level junior teams that have done it as well.

• Like 2
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

9 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

as a curious American, is the tape on the helmet a decorative thing among Canadian minor hockey or does it serve a larger purpose ?

8 hours ago, nash61 said:

Typically it's a decorative thing done for playoffs. I know of some lower-level junior teams that have done it as well.

I do also know of some youth teams wearing football helmet-esque striping already, so those might be permanent looks and not just for playoffs.

IbjBaeE.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 11:07 AM, DTConcepts said:

Not sure if anybody’s posted about it yet, but the Coachella Valley Firebirds (AHL) have been sporting inaugural season patches between their shoulder patches and numbers on both arms.

Ft8atMzacAEURbD?format=jpg&name=large

coachella-valley-firebirds_1200.jpg

Also seen here is they changed the outline on their numbers mid-season from orange to white.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2023 at 5:11 PM, monkeypower said:

I do also know of some youth teams wearing football helmet-esque striping already, so those might be permanent looks and not just for playoffs.

That's interesting, I have never ever seen that around these parts. I will keep my eyes open to see if it catches on.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

The Winnipeg Ice are on the move again. They have been sold and will be moving to Wenachee, Washington. The Wenachee Wild of the BCHL will "move up" the the WHL.

Winnipeg Ice Sold, moving to Wenachee

FywtqhpXgAAUMKW?format=jpg&name=small

Poor Cranbrook. 

I guess this makes sense. Rumours were Aquilini, the Canucks owner wanted to buy the team and move it to Chilliwack, but was rebuffed as they were happy with the BCHL's Chilliwack Chiefs.

This is good for balance as it adds another team to the US division in the dub and removes the only US team from the BCHL, which must have been a pain logistically.

I hope they end up upgrading their logo though because the one they're using now is not great.