AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

The Ghost Pirates unveiled their jerseys, which severely lack consistency. The striping across each jersey doesn't match, and the white jersey is brought down by using the roundel version of their logo. As far as smaller issues go, I would've preferred to see a jersey with the SAV logo on the front. The inclusion of the pirate flag logo on the lime jersey is confusing considering that it wasn't included in their original (and somewhat extensive) logo reveal. Despite the set's many issues, the black jersey is well done, and it would be better if the other two jerseys had followed its lead.

SaVL1y9.jpg

17 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Maybe I missed it but it looks like the Kansas City Mavericks and the Norfolk Admirals are going with new looks this year

KC500

NOR2022-500

The Mavericks made the change last season. 

The last Admirals change I could find was in 2017, but that image above is definitely newer than what was introduced in 2017. 

spacer.png

On 10/8/2022 at 7:05 PM, fortunat1 said:

The Ghost Pirates unveiled their jerseys, which severely lack consistency. The striping across each jersey doesn't match, and the white jersey is brought down by using the roundel version of their logo. As far as smaller issues go, I would've preferred to see a jersey with the SAV logo on the front. The inclusion of the pirate flag logo on the lime jersey is confusing considering that it wasn't included in their original (and somewhat extensive) logo reveal. Despite the set's many issues, the black jersey is well done, and it would be better if the other two jerseys had followed its lead.

SaVL1y9.jpg

I disagree. Even though each jersey is different from one another, they all look good on their own. The logos and color palette are both unique enough to where the jerseys all look cohesive even with three different designs. That's a really good indicator of a rock solid brand.

The entire look is very well-made, if you ask me. The jerseys are no exception.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, DTConcepts said:

The Wranglers' uniforms look spectacular on the ice. Their matchup against the Colorado Eagles last weekend looked fantastic.

305082646_10158558786391721_641809123457

The Wranglers look exceptional, but I'm still really underwhelmed by the Eagles' uniforms. I think their look from the ECHL is far better;

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Ridleylash said:

The Wranglers look exceptional, but I'm still really underwhelmed by the Eagles' uniforms. I think their look from the ECHL is far better;

I agree, but the current jerseys aren't all that bad imo. Especially when they looked like this 5-ish years ago:

214716e1e602105f2d13fe9f6d3980c0.jpg

If I had my way, the Eagles would still be wearing their inaugural "clawmark" jerseys.

610x320-JerseyRetireWeb-4766b8bdaa.jpg

The Eagles need to take the Avs' Reverse Retro jerseys. Similar to the Kraken/Firebirds, the template is similar, but the colours are unique.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

25 minutes ago, nash61 said:

The Eagles need to take the Avs' Reverse Retro jerseys. Similar to the Kraken/Firebirds, the template is similar, but the colours are unique.

No, I'd disagree there. I find teams that just use the same jersey as their parent club in different colors really uninspired, visually; the Eagles shouldn't just look like a palette-swapped Avs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

No, I'd disagree there. I find teams that just use the same jersey as their parent club in different colors really uninspired, visually; the Eagles shouldn't just look like a palette-swapped Avs.

I’d be totally fine with the Eagles using the Avs’ RR as a base for a new jersey. For the first 5-10 years of their existence, every jersey they wore was a modified Avs jersey with different waist striping.

vintage_colorado_eagles_jersey_160372311

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRp-XV688BZ76RGdN_gr8J

20070523__20070524_D8_SP24EAGLESp1.jpg?w

Would using the RR be the most creative jersey choice? No, but it also wouldn’t be off-brand for the Eagles.

5 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’ve felt the same way too! Those uniforms were nearly perfect for them. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, monkeypower said:

If you want to kill some time, the voting for the fan designed WHL and OHL jersey contest opened today. The winning jersey for each team will be worn at some point during the season.

https://contests.chl.ca/yourteamyourjersey

Very cool contest. Although I must have horrible taste because it seems that every one I voted for was not leading the race.

10 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Recently purchased NHL23 and noticed on the game that the Royals no longer have their Tampa Bay Lightning template jerseys as their home and roads any more and now have their black and white alternates as the new home and road.

For reference:

s796295593842510777_p66_i4_w2048.jpeg?wis796295593842510777_p43_i4_w2048.jpeg?wi

New home and road:

s796295593842510777_p78_i5_w2048.jpeg?wi

s796295593842510777_p1306_i2_w2048.jpeg?

I think they are using Old white jersey with the Black in real life.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...