AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

17 hours ago, the admiral said:

Always been one of my least favorite brands in major-junior. Halifax is an interesting little port city; "Mooseheads" sounds generically Canadian-as-Other in like a low-grade-screenwriting way, like they're the bad guys from Canada in a kids' movie or something. I feel like they deserve better.

They're named after Moosehead beer, which the original owner also owned. As an interesting aside, the moose head in their logo was the one from the beer logo, but the brewery updated theirs and the hockey team didn't follow suit until now, with a different moose head to boot.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

18 hours ago, M4One said:

The first new jersey the Barracudas released a really long while back.  Their Blackout jersey.  Most definitely the worst of the their new jerseys.

spacer.png

That looks like the jersey for an ACHA Division 3 club at a school whose accreditation is suspect. Christian University of Downstate Appalachia.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The IceHogs have updated their jerseys with the new logo. 
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ci0fsTKtc9T/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

21 hours ago, Stroboy said:

As well, the Brandon Wheat Kings of the WHL have unveiled new Home and Away uniforms (a huge downgrade in my opinion). Gone are the unique wheat stalk stripes for a boring and generic look.

Let's not go, Brandon

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Helmet ads have arrived in junior hockey, at least in the WHL for a couple of teams.  The Vancouver Giants and Moose Jaw Warriors both have helmet ads.  Only a matter of time before they get ads on the jerseys.  The only surprising part is that it didn't already happen like by a couple of decades.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 9/22/2022 at 2:58 PM, Kevin W. said:

The IceHogs have updated their jerseys with the new logo. 
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ci0fsTKtc9T/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Immediately better by finally ditching all of that '90s-style text. Not great, but better. Now, bring back the pig butt shoulder patch already.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 9/24/2022 at 1:31 AM, M4One said:

Helmet ads have arrived in junior hockey, at least in the WHL for a couple of teams.  The Vancouver Giants and Moose Jaw Warriors both have helmet ads.  Only a matter of time before they get ads on the jerseys.  The only surprising part is that it didn't already happen like by a couple of decades.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Winterhawks also have a helmet ad. Evoca TV, which is some kind of cable/satellite alternative.

spacer.png

Which nicely matches the blue silver trim in their new uniforms…

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

On 9/25/2022 at 6:10 PM, fortunat1 said:

The Wichita Thunder unveiled a new alternate. Seems a bit plain, the hammer doesn't really fill the space well without text.

that's literally just the leaf's beiber jersey with a witchita flag