AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

On 9/23/2022 at 2:32 AM, Stroboy said:

As well, the Brandon Wheat Kings of the WHL have unveiled new Home and Away uniforms (a huge downgrade in my opinion). Gone are the unique wheat stalk stripes for a boring and generic look.spacer.png

For comparison, what they got rid of

spacer.png

Absolutely brutal decision. Huge downgrade.

9 hours ago, Dante_X said:

Saskatoon Blades of the WHL got an updated logo 

Saskatoon.png

Everything else appears to be the same with the Blades besides this new logo. This blue does strike me a darker than what the logo used to be and what the jersey blue is, but that could just be a digital application thing for this logo.

IbjBaeE.png

The Swamp Rabbits unveiled a new orange jersey.  I'd assume more changes are to come given the previous set had the same striping pattern across the uniforms, which has now changed. I'm not really sure what prompted a change though. The old set was better.

(Previous jerseys for reference)

https://www.swamprabbits.com/en/articles/greenville-swamp-rabbits-unveil-trendbreaking-look-for-2020-21-season

16 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Looks like the Erie Otters are going to have a new gold jersey based on their original template.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjYo_-Tvb2v/

They really butchered their logos a few seasons back, but this is a step in the right direction.

Could somebody please tell me why this beauty of an alternate isn't their primary logo?

6162_erie_otters-alternate-2020.png

• Love 1
  • Hurl 1

bYhYmxh.png

Surprising that they didn't opt for a white flame on the red jerseys, similar to the Calgary and Atlanta Flames, but it's alright. The Blasty logo is nice and creates another tie between themselves and their parent club while still maintaining a sense of individuality. 

I'd expect them to add a throwback/retro inspired look at some point in the future for their 3rd (assuming they have the rights).

2 hours ago, officeglenn said:

I know what I hate ... and I don't hate this.

Oooh, these are sick. Love the updated Blasty, and the fact that they're so close to the original Wranglers jerseys; gives them the appropriate vintage feel of the Flames' brand.

I wouldn't be surprised if their first third involves that new Blasty being the primary, probably on a black base. Speaking of the new Blasty...here's a good look at the logo itself in digital form;

2 hours ago, officeglenn said:

I know what I hate ... and I don't hate this.

Time out...were some of the hockey players in those throwback video clips wearing pants??? What were those? 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

11 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Time out...were some of the hockey players in those throwback video clips wearing pants??? What were those? 

They only lasted a couple of years in the early '80s.  They didn't provide much friction when you fell on the ice in them, so players would slide into the boards harder than they would in traditional breezers and socks.  Only two NHL teams wore them, the Flyers and the Whalers.  The Whale ditched them after a year, the Flyers kept them for 2 years.