AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

On 8/24/2022 at 8:48 PM, monkeypower said:

Those jerseys are so bad.

In a vacuum, this is a perfectly good look. The blue brings out the mountain in the logo, and the red stripes work well with the red outline of the logo.

EDIT: Here is the back.

NewUnisHeader-1-1024x251.jpg

I think history is clouding people's opinion. The jerseys aren't over-designed. There's no terrible piping or contrasting nameplates. It's a simple, classic look that people lauded for the Kraken just a few months ago. They don't look like practice jerseys, and there's no gaudy colours. They're not the Edmonton Oil Kings.

DEV_7176-1-1024x683.jpg

• Like 8
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Yeah, the jersey design is nice in a vacuum, but considering the rivalry between Portland and Seattle, it's a pretty confusing choice to rebrand as carbon copies of the Kraken.

I don't think anybody's trashing the jerseys as much as they are the decision making behind the jerseys.

• Like 4

I like the Winterhawks jerseys a lot, but I recognize the oddity of it with Seattle. The extra detail on the back numbers is pretty cool and doesn’t look tacky. 

I really thought they were navy in the video  but black and the other colors look great together. 

I think the Kraken similarities are understandable. I don't think it's a good idea, but I understand what they're going for. The Kraken caught the attention of a lot of people in the American parts of the Pacific Northwest towards hockey, and they're trying to capitalize on it. It makes sense if they're rebranding that they'd want to start aping the "local" team as opposed to playing Chicago dressup.

Couple Jr. A changes I've come across.

The Calgary Canucks switched from the blue and green they've used since they started in the '70s to red and yellow, making it so they look like the Flames and not Vancouver.

7S05n6tc_400x400.jpg

There's also this colour flipped version which doesn't look good at all.

FaNde6EVQAE22Kp?format=jpg&name=small

The Whitecourt Wolverines also made a change, old on top and new on bottom.

293-2934583_whitecourt-wolverines-hd-png

FaTt0NQVsAERhPO?format=png&name=4096x409

And the Melville Millionaires dropped red.

I don't know if I like the blue dollar sign on the blue jersey, especially since they use a white dollar sign in the blue shoulder patch.

IbjBaeE.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 10:07 AM, philcar1994 said:

Hamilton Kilty B's (GOJHL) launching a brand refresh for the 22/23 season, sweet like honey video to accompany. As usual in junior hockey, templated stock jersey (Boston Bruins)

Link to video

Aside from the roided out arms on the bee, their previous look was nice and unique. Now they're just another NHL clone. (Ironically, their predecessors, the Stoney Creek Warriors, wore these exact jerseys before moving to Ancaster to become the Avalanche.)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

13 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

The Maine Mariners (Bruins affiliate) cleaned up their jerseys. Nothing groundbreaking, but the sleeves and hem look better than before.

Definitely an improvement over the last set, but the white jersey needs more green. Before I clicked the link I didn't even notice the green trim. They should have just matched the striping to the green jersey (blue, white, green, white, blue).

• Like 1

Always been one of my least favorite brands in major-junior. Halifax is an interesting little port city; "Mooseheads" sounds generically Canadian-as-Other in like a low-grade-screenwriting way, like they're the bad guys from Canada in a kids' movie or something. I feel like they deserve better.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫