AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, M4One said:

San Jose Barracudas new "Ice" jersey.

spacer.png

Other than it highlighting the family tradition of desperately holding on to orange under any circumstance, I don't mind these for the Cuda. If they had the logo and numbers match the shoulder pattern of teal with a black outline, I'd maybe even call them good. 

On 8/12/2022 at 5:36 AM, M4One said:

San Jose Barracudas new "Ice" jersey.

spacer.png

Smart move by the Sharks, making their minor leaguers improve their conditioning by wearing all of those heavy, burdensome stripes during play.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 8/12/2022 at 6:42 AM, fortunat1 said:

New jerseys for the Wheeling Nailers

Wait...so their black jersey has yellow gold.  Their white jersey uses Vegas gold.  Their third uses no gold.

The explanation for why they did this on purpose will probably be a doozy.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The Wheeling Nailers need to implode their brand and start over. The logo looks like it was designed in 15 minutes, the jersey designs are as boring as you can get, and the overall set is now so inconsistent each jersey feels like it's from a different team. There are very few brands I hold much disdain for, but the Wheeling Nailers are towards the top of the list.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

The Wheeling Nailers need to implode their brand and start over. The logo looks like it was designed in 15 minutes, the jersey designs are as boring as you can get, and the overall set is now so inconsistent each jersey feels like it's from a different team. There are very few brands I hold much disdain for, but the Wheeling Nailers are towards the top of the list.

Completely agree. I am unsure of the franchise's history, but unless the team has massive success, they need a complete overhaul of jerseys, logos, colors, and any other aspects of their brand. The logo is severely outdated.

Aside from the jarring issues with the set, something that really bugs me is the font used on their red jersey. The cartoony roundness of it does not translate well to the jersey.

3 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

Aside from the jarring issues with the set, something that really bugs me is the font used on their red jersey. The cartoony roundness of it does not translate well to the jersey.

It looks like it says "WHEELINC."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

21 hours ago, Discrim said:

Wait...so their black jersey has yellow gold.  Their white jersey uses Vegas gold.  Their third uses no gold.

The explanation for why they did this on purpose will probably be a doozy.

They couldn't decide if they wanted to keep the Vegas gold or match the Pens by updated to the yellow so they did both, then added a throwback inspired alternate for good measure (I assume the red and black is supposed to be a Wheeling Thunderbirds/early-Nailers nod).

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

They couldn't decide if they wanted to keep the Vegas gold or match the Pens by updated to the yellow so they did both, then added a throwback inspired alternate for good measure (I assume the red and black is supposed to be a Wheeling Thunderbirds/early-Nailers nod).

The explanation makes complete sense, and each jersey fits the team fine, but why Wheeling wanted all three baffles me. This update would've been executed much better had they stuck with one theme. 

• 2 weeks later...

Portland Winterhawks (WHL) will be unveiling their new sweaters at 11AM Pacific time this morning. Last year, they put the new crest and shoulder logos on existing Winterhawks blanks, using the Chicago template. Word is that the changes will be to the collar and sleeve stripes.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

1 hour ago, Frylock said:

Portland Winterhawks (WHL) will be unveiling their new sweaters at 11AM Pacific time this morning. Last year, they put the new crest and shoulder logos on existing Winterhawks blanks, using the Chicago template. Word is that the changes will be to the collar and sleeve stripes.

cce67ac6-f2d7-46a0-acae-dbaf587fccc2.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dante_X said:

cce67ac6-f2d7-46a0-acae-dbaf587fccc2.jpg

Not shown are the back numbers, which have additional lines “inside” the number. 

Anyway… I can’t stop seeing Kraken sweaters, and it’s sad to see the red go away. The local apparel company  Portland Gear was given a lovely logo, and they are not handling the rebrand well. This gets a C-grade from me.

• Like 1

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

If you watch the unveiling video for these Winterhawks jerseys, near the end when they are hung up in the locker room, on the left hand side you can see what appears to be a red version of this uniform...maybe a third jersey yet to be unveiled?

The sleeve is red with the dark cuffs, and a thin grey stripe; basically the inverse of the look of the main home/road but with a red base. You can even see the shoulder patch at the top.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1