AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

16 hours ago, monkeypower said:

The Edmonton Oil Kings unveiled a new sans-red alternate jersey yesterday.

It had looked like they quietly retired the black and neon alternate set within the last couple seasons and this really confirms that.

Edmonton's alternates tend to be drastically different from the team's regular branding. It's almost like they're trying soft rebrands and seeing which looks stick. 

On 11/20/2022 at 5:13 AM, Chromatic said:

Edmonton's alternates tend to be drastically different from the team's regular branding. It's almost like they're trying soft rebrands and seeing which looks stick. 

Despite the Saskatoon color scheme, a much better look than the Stars neon look. 

Jersey - Edmonton Oil Kings - V60EOKET-M Image

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• 3 weeks later...

Those are the best jerseys the Thrashers ever wore, but why the "Blueland" caption? Not only was it a terrible, bland marketing campaign that ended up being the franchise's last gasping breath, but it was also based on the sky-blue jerseys they wore, not the original navy ones.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but the North Bay Battalion released an alternate sweater with a tank on it. 

“I had a discussion with the league even before we started play in 1998 about a secondary design that included a tank sweater, we’re pleased to introduce them in this, our 25th, season. We hope fans like the look and want to see more.“ - Scott Abbott

FkD4_EgXkAMGNqJ?format=jpg&name=largeFkD4_E3WYAUIzrF?format=jpg&name=largeFkD4_EgXkAEsDRo?format=jpg&name=largeFkD4_EgWQAEDGs1?format=jpg&name=large

Ehhhhhh.

I understand it's throwback based to the old North Bay team but it's such a departure from a pretty unique colour scheme and jerseys to the Boston Bruins (at a time where other CHL teams are getting further away from wearing unchanged NHL templates) and a colour scheme that three other teams use. 

They also introduced a white version too for the second half of the season.

IbjBaeE.png

They announce a "third-sweater design", even though this now gives them 4 jerseys, and the graphic they post doesn't even match the actual design. I'm guessing the white jersey will actually look like this:

spacer.png

The tank logo is cool, but it kind of clashes with the throwback design. I do really like the shoulder patch though.

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 12/17/2022 at 9:05 AM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

It's cool, but I agree it should stay as strictly an alternate. Their army scheme get-up is unique. Even without the Battalion nickname, the scheme fits North Bay.

Plus the OHL already has Kingston, Hamilton, and Sarnia wearing the same colours. Throw in Brandon, Cape Breton, & Victoriaville, and you've got 10% of the CHL wearing black & yellow.

On 12/17/2022 at 6:38 PM, Ridleylash said:

The Gladiators wore their Thrashers throwback jerseys tonight, and...hoh boy, do they look nice;

spacer.png

Okay, so hold up--does this not violate any kind of IP protocol or something? How were they able to pull this off? Or did they reach out to and clear this with the Winnipeg Jets first? 

That said, that whole Atlanta Thrashers identity was one of the most underrated looks in the NHL—of course it all went in the crapper once they went to that whole "Believe in Blueland" bullcorn...

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

13 hours ago, tBBP said:

Okay, so hold up--does this not violate any kind of IP protocol or something? How were they able to pull this off? Or did they reach out to and clear this with the Winnipeg Jets first? 

That said, that whole Atlanta Thrashers identity was one of the most underrated looks in the NHL—of course it all went in the crapper once they went to that whole "Believe in Blueland" bullcorn...

I believe all rights associated with the Thrashers stayed with the Spirit group or something? Maybe like the same situation to what the Whalers did and why we didn't have Whalers merchandise for so long until the NHL got the rights back. I don't think True North has any Thrashers rights.