NBA Changes 2019-20

kolob

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

Loving the update, but not the shift towards black. The Aces, Sky, and Dream are all shifting towards black, there's a bit too much for my taste.

The Liberty were using black as a dominant color far before any of those teams (some of which don't use black all that much anyway). Plus I feel like this signals a bigger commitment to the liberty green than anything.

anyone know anything about this amarillo Nets Brooklyn camo aka coogie jersey? Is it next years city leaked or a possible fashion jersey mislabeled as a swingman (hopefully)? Not on the US Nike store it’s on the Great Britain Nike store.

I’ve seen some people say it’s inspired by the amarillo jersey Biggie wore in Juicy video. 

https://www.nike.com/gb/t/brooklyn-nets-nba-swingman-jersey-Lrf6Th/CU0193-728

spacer.png

GO NETS.

The G-League will have a new independent team based in Southern California to develop players who skip college:

Curious to see if/how they brand this team. There could be a lot of interest in them if they continue to get quality recruits decommitting from their colleges.

8 hours ago, Waffles said:

The G-League will have a new independent team based in Southern California to develop players who skip college:

Curious to see if/how they brand this team. There could be a lot of interest in them if they continue to get quality recruits decommitting from their colleges.

With fewer games played, I’d expect just a basic black and white jersey. Maybe special Gatorade branding

20 hours ago, Waffles said:

As far as I understand it, it’s not really a G-League team, just a team that occasionally plays G League teams among a variety of opponents. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were called something like the Gatorade NXT Gen or something ridiculous like that

07Giants.pngnyy.png

This new team needs to play in the San Fernando Valley not LA.  LA already has three pro basketball teams.  The valley has almost 2M residents and NO pro team.  Portland ME has 66000 people and gets a G league team.  This new team can play at CSUN. 

Anaheim is another option I guess.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

9 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

This new team needs to play in the San Fernando Valley not LA.  LA already has three pro basketball teams.  The valley has almost 2M residents and NO pro team.  Portland ME has 66000 people and gets a G league team.  This new team can play at CSUN. 

Anaheim is another option I guess.

Meh. It's the G-League. A league where the Lakers' farm team plays home games in Lakers' practice facility. I expect something similar. I doubt you'd even see this team marketed to one specific city, valley, county, etc. in the area as well. It seems like it's in LA for the facilities and accessibility to media exposure. 

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

In theory, I like the idea of giving the Valley a team to call their own, but as we talked about in the Are The Angels Moving I Dunno Probably Not thread, the Valley is a bunch of neighborhoods whose names as much weight as some cities: Northridge (as in Cal State and the earthquake), Van Nuys (airport), Encino (man), Reseda (it's a long day living there, or so I'm told). It's sprawl. It's hard to think about how you'd market it, or to it, as one entity. It's not quite as distinct as Orange County. 

However, as daunting as it may be, I like it a lot better than them being a team from nowhere like the "Gatorade Nike 31ite" [pron: elite] or something. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

9 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Here's another flaw in a LA G-league team: who's going to come to LA to watch kids straight outta high school when they can watch the Lakers and Clippers?  At least in the valley or Anaheim or T.O. they'd get local support.

I kind of go back to my first post in this thread. I'm assuming they'd be like the South Bay Lakers team where they play at a training center or academy. Attendance won't be a priority or need for the team to run successfully. 

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

12 minutes ago, kimball said:

I kind of go back to my first post in this thread. I'm assuming they'd be like the South Bay Lakers team where they play at a training center or academy. Attendance won't be a priority or need for the team to run successfully. 

I'd be surprised if the NBA didn't try to monetize this. The team will likely have a level of talent equivalent to an elite college program that rakes in tens of millions of dollars a year, and there will surely be fan interest in seeing a team full of next year's lottery picks.

Team LA might not be the only one:

Archived