kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

Not a rebrand, but probably their next city/throwback uni. Knicks did a similar thing.

This. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I hope the Nets don't bring back red and blue!

Idk the Nets brand has been so hit or miss. I agree the red and blue is a bit tired, but the black and white is just so boring in my opinion. All I know is those city uniforms this year were hideous and heinous since the team doesn't play anywhere close to Bed-Stuy. It'd be like if the Knicks had a jersey that read "Harlem"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red, white, and blue is such a New York colour scheme. I know that there's a team that doesn't use that scheme for every team that does, but it transcends sports. Be it the old NY licence plates or just a general sense of it seeming to "fit" I think of red, white, and blue when I think of New York City. I get why the Knicks don't use use. Nor should they. It means, however, that there's a chance for the Nets to claim it. And it makes all the sense in the world considering they have some of the best basketball uniforms in history in their closet...

 

pw7mnkK.jpg?1

 

6pLNfst.jpg

 

VcNXljH.png?1

 

Just switch out the NEW YORK or NEW JERSEY with BROOKLYN and you've got an amazing identity.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never really liked those jerseys, too intrusive on the front. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IceCap said:

Red, white, and blue is such a New York colour scheme. I know that there's a team that doesn't use that scheme for every team that does, but it transcends sports. Be it the old NY licence plates or just a general sense of it seeming to "fit" I think of red, white, and blue when I think of New York City. I get why the Knicks don't use use. Nor should they. It means, however, that there's a chance for the Nets to claim it. And it makes all the sense in the world considering they have some of the best basketball uniforms in history in their closet...

 

pw7mnkK.jpg?1

 

6pLNfst.jpg

 

VcNXljH.png?1

 

Just switch out the NEW YORK or NEW JERSEY with BROOKLYN and you've got an amazing identity.

 

 

Or change the name to the better sounding New York Nets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Or change the name to the better sounding New York Nets

Brooklyn has enough cache, I think, to work as a locale name. It's one of the few neighbourhoods in North America that can pull that off, and the Nets have it all to themselves. I don't see the advantage to going with "New York."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IceCap said:

Brooklyn has enough cache, I think, to work as a locale name. It's one of the few neighbourhoods in North America that can pull that off, and the Nets have it all to themselves. I don't see the advantage to going with "New York."

Personally I think it rolls off the tongue much better, plus it fully embraces the throwbacks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this thing I saw on the Bucks' Facebook page comments section legit? Or even if not, any chance blue becomes their next City uni?

 

spacer.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we know any nba teams getting new uniform sets after this season? I heard rumors about the hawks but I don’t know if there are any confirmed updates or rebrands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

Do we know any nba teams getting new uniform sets after this season? I heard rumors about the hawks but I don’t know if there are any confirmed updates or rebrands.

 

Not a full rebrand, but the Spurs said that the 19/20 season would be the final year for their Camo city set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Scorcho said:

 

Not a full rebrand, but the Spurs said that the 19/20 season would be the final year for their Camo city set.

 

Same with the Jazz's sunset jersey (I am also hoping the golds as well)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how the heat will do their city jerseys next year. They’ve done every vice color (white, black, pink, blue) so they’ll either recycle one or do something new. The black vice one was my personal favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, throwmesomepics said:

I wonder how the heat will do their city jerseys next year. They’ve done every vice color (white, black, pink, blue) so they’ll either recycle one or do something new. The black vice one was my personal favorite.

I found it pretty intriguing that they used a lot of yellow this year in their vice jersey rollout, could that be in preparation of using yellow vice jerseys next season?

https://www.nba.com/heat/1920-heat-vice-uniform-collection

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, throwmesomepics said:

I wonder how the heat will do their city jerseys next year. They’ve done every vice color (white, black, pink, blue) so they’ll either recycle one or do something new. The black vice one was my personal favorite.

 

I'd love to see them do something a Floridians template hybrid. That'd be cool.

 

lebron_james_nba_120306_mia-vs-njn-07.jp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.