NBA Changes 2019-20

kolob

20 hours ago, M4One said:

It appears that MLSE has an official sponsorship deal with Adidas, making them their official footwear and apparel sponsor.  I guess that allows to print up some championship t-shirts.  Their stuff is limited to the arena.  In the past, I've noticed the Canucks wearing something other than Reebok for their off ice training gear in the past and wondered why.  I guess the league wide deals still allow teams to cut their own deals for certain things.

http://www.adnews.com/38126

I worked with MLSE (in Scotiabank Arena) and I can confirm this. Our work pants options were Adidas and Under Armor. Although there was no limit to what brand shoes we wore.

Sidenote - I'm in agony that my VISA expired in January and I didn't get to witness history in person :(

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

I couldn't believe they let Drake put his stupid logo on their Championship hats.

upM0lyb.png

Congratulations to the Toronto Owls on their first ever NBA title.

On 6/17/2019 at 2:32 PM, Ice_Cap said:

The time has passed on the Raptors being a purple team. It’s never coming back, save for throwback unis and merch. 

No, I wouldn't hold my breath, but never say never. (See: San Diego Padres.)

1 hour ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Hawks are getting new uniforms in 2020. You heard it here first. More official news will come later today 

Yeah, I wrote a couple posts here about that. They're changing the brand to model the classic Hawks colors black, yellow, and red. It's been introduced for the new G-League team and 2k gaming club. It's only a matter of time.

1 hour ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Hawks are getting new uniforms in 2020. You heard it here first. More official news will come later today 

By 2020, are you meaning for the upcoming season, which is 2019-2020? Or are you referring to the 2020-2021 season? 

(And man, the second I wrote that, I realized I'm now in the future, and we should all be wearing space suits.)

Cavs 50th Anniversary logo. Not terrible, at least compared to their current logo set. The "C" probably could have been handled differently or removed all together. Just seems slapped on right now with an awkward thick stroke.

ybt1t0ZF_400x400.jpg

Has any team worn an anniversary patch in the NBA since the ads have been added? I don't recall it happening, so I'd hope the Cavs avoid doing it.

1 minute ago, VDizzle12 said:

Cavs 50th Anniversary logo. Not terrible, at least compared to their current logo set.

ybt1t0ZF_400x400.jpg

Ugh... It's black.

Look I totally understand the Cavs want to incorporate black since the championship, but this is getting ridiculous. I really wish the black would be an accent color, and have the Navy blue be used more than the black. 

And on another note, THE COLORS ARE WINE AND GOLD. THERE'S A LITTLE BIT OF WINE, BUT IT'S MOSTLY BLACK AND GOLD!!! 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

29 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

So here's the condensed version of the logo. IMHO, this should be the anniversary logo, not the other one. 

spacer.png

That black background around the C looks terrible.

In fact, all of the outlines look bad. Inconsistent line weights, the strange way they filled the opening of the 5...

It just keeps getting worse the more I look at it.

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Cavs 50th Anniversary logo. Not terrible, at least compared to their current logo set. The "C" probably could have been handled differently or removed all together. Just seems slapped on right now with an awkward thick stroke.

ybt1t0ZF_400x400.jpg

Has any team worn an anniversary patch in the NBA since the ads have been added? I don't recall it happening, so I'd hope the Cavs avoid doing it.

Side note, navy is still part of their color scheme right? At this rate they might as well just dump it for black. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

5 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Side note, navy is still part of their color scheme right? At this rate they might as well just dump it for black. 

Sort of, it's used as an accent color. The navy is more used in merchandise. It's a shame, I liked the navy.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

3 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Yeah, I wrote a couple posts here about that. They're changing the brand to model the classic Hawks colors black, yellow, and red. It's been introduced for the new G-League team and 2k gaming club. It's only a matter of time.

I don’t know what the colors will be, but the owner said it on the radio today 

6 hours ago, sayahh said:

No, I wouldn't hold my breath, but never say never. (See: San Diego Padres.)

Considering how the Raptors have become Canada's team, I would say never, outside of a purple alternate.  

Archived