NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

6 hours ago, sayahh said:

Congratulations to the Toronto Owls on their first ever NBA title.

Well...

spacer.png

... since an owl is a raptor, an owl would have been a relatively natural evolution for their branding if they had ever decided to completely move away from the dinosaur theme. In fact, the current ripped ball logo (sans dinosaur) could even leave that open to interpretation. However, Drake’s presence, along with his OVO branding, would indeed make that otherwise natural progression feel forced. So... you've got a point. 🙂 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

No, no black or grey please.

Gray I can understand since it was never a team color or featured on a logo. But black has a history with the team, even if I want it scrubbed from the current identity. But I want the navy gone too.

I wouldn't be opposed to having Atlanta adopt last season's city edition as a template for a completely new set. If they were to use red, yellow and black then I think it would make for a great look.spacer.png

9 hours ago, sayahh said:

No, I wouldn't hold my breath, but never say never. (See: San Diego Padres.)

The thing is that the Padres have floundered in navy. It makes the brown appealing. With the Raptors? They just won the NBA Championship as a red, black, white, and silver team. The purple throwback stuff will always be there, but the current identity will likely never include purple again.

On 5/11/2019 at 11:09 PM, San Diego said:

Never. I live in Sacramento. They're ours forever. The Grizz need to relocate to Seattle. After that the Pelicans should move somewhere. Maybe KC?

Would love to see the Grizz move back to Vancouver where they belong. But if not Seattle would be the next best destination. 

3 hours ago, j'villejags said:

... since an owl is a raptor, an owl would have been a relatively natural evolution for their branding if they had ever decided to completely move away from the dinosaur theme. In fact, the current ripped ball logo (sans dinosaur) could even leave that open to interpretation.

After what happened this past season and the reto gear on display among fans (and even players at the parade)? The team's named after dinosaurs :P

The Raps are never moving away from their dinosaur identity, flat-out. It's stuck with this team for 20 years, they've won the city's first NBA title with the dinosaur theme and "Raptors" name. If anything, I can see them bringing back the old raptor logo, maybe modernizing it with some feathers or something, and using that as a fauxback to honor their heritage while adding a modern twist to it.

Something like this could work well, I feel.

14 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

After what happened this past season and the reto gear on display among fans (and even players at the parade)? The team's named after dinosaurs :P

Oh absolutely! As it should be. It'd be a shame for it to be anything else. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

1 hour ago, mgfoxx said:

I wouldn't be opposed to having Atlanta adopt last season's city edition as a template for a completely new set. If they were to use red, yellow and black then I think it would make for a great look.
spacer.png

Red, yellow, and black would look good, but I kind of like it with the metallic gold. 

RFnmEpE.png

2 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

I wouldn't be opposed to having Atlanta adopt last season's city edition as a template for a completely new set. If they were to use red, yellow and black then I think it would make for a great look.spacer.png

They had a poll on the Hawks Twitter account during the season, asking for fans favorite uniforms. These and the powder blue throwback were the most popular.

4 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Gray I can understand since it was never a team color or featured on a logo. But black has a history with the team, even if I want it scrubbed from the current identity. But I want the navy gone too.

But at least navy has been a part of the color scheme since the 80s. As I've stated, I'm okay with the black, but I hate that it's more prominent over the navy just because they won the championship in the black jerseys.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

1 hour ago, L10nheart404 said:

They had a poll on the Hawks Twitter account during the season, asking for fans favorite uniforms. These and the powder blue throwback were the most popular.

The blue stuff flies off the shelf at the arena. Hell Im wearing a blue Trae jersey as we speak. 

Archived