NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

18 minutes ago, colortv said:

I think if they just used the same format as the new home jersey with no black they could have negated that issue.

Well what the home jerseys do is that the main color of the jersey is the color of the inner line. Which means for the purple jerseys the white and yellow would still be connected together. Which is why there should be a darker color between the two for contrast.

F65400-F5-B9-F5-4-F4-E-A0-B8-DE69-BF585-

Home jersey for comparison: 023957c34b715dc42865097d15ed49c6

IMG-7122.gif

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/24/2019 at 7:36 PM, pelicanfan said:

Well what the home jerseys do is that the main color of the jersey is the color of the inner line. Which means for the purple jerseys the white and yellow would still be connected together. Which is why there should be a darker color between the two for contrast.

F65400-F5-B9-F5-4-F4-E-A0-B8-DE69-BF585-

Home jersey for comparison: 023957c34b715dc42865097d15ed49c6

I know these are just mock-ups but it doesn't look that way to me:

LA-Lakers-Leak-mockup-ConradBurry.png

DjAPqmdU0AI_RVF.jpg

jerseys.jpg?width=580&height=326&fit=cro

White is THE neutral color, so it just blends in. Black, not so much.

On 5/24/2019 at 1:10 PM, pelicanfan said:

Honestly I kind of like the black. It’s very untraditional but it adds a nice stealthy feel to the purple.

The Lakers don’t need a "stealthy" look. 

2019 NBA Finals Uniform Schedule: Raptors vs Warriors

May 29, 2019 - 18:32 PM

The Toronto Raptors against the Golden State Warriors, The North against The Town, welcome to the 2019 NBA Finals. For the first time in NBA history, the league’s championship will be played outside the United States as the Raptors clinched […]

Read More...

Seeing The Town for either clinching wins at home sucks. I like the home team to wear white. However, I will say that if they do clinch at home, it's a nice tribute to Oakland in their final game in the arena, so I can't get too upset with that. I do wish that they would have worn the Earned (gold) version of The Town instead to pay tribute to the team's early years wearing that color at home. 

Go A's!

16 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

Seeing The Town for either clinching wins at home sucks. I like the home team to wear white. However, I will say that if they do clinch at home, it's a nice tribute to Oakland in their final game in the arena, so I can't get too upset with that. I do wish that they would have worn the Earned (gold) version of The Town instead to pay tribute to the team's early years wearing that color at home. 

Is it a nice tribute though? Shouldn't they wear something that actually screams golden state warriors and invokes memories of that 75 'ship?

3 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Is it a nice tribute though? Shouldn't they wear something that actually screams golden state warriors and invokes memories of that 75 'ship?

With the limitations of the uniforms they have and what Nike can and cannot allow, having The Town uniforms is acceptable. 

Go A's!

21 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

With the limitations of the uniforms they have and what Nike can and cannot allow, having The Town uniforms is acceptable. 

What limitations? It seems that the warriors have used like 10 unis this year. They could have ended the Coliseum arena in standard white or royal .

1 hour ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

What limitations? It seems that the warriors have used like 10 unis this year. They could have ended the Coliseum arena in standard white or royal .

They could have. But we don't know who makes these uniform decisions. Warriors? Nike? Both? Others? Possibly certain uniforms are not allowed in the playoffs. 

Yes, I would still prefer them to wear white or blue, but if they were to NOT wear either, then The Town, I guess is fine as it's the Oakland-based uniform. But if they were going to go that route, wish they would have gone with the gold ones -- at least that harkens back to the past when they wore gold at home. That is, if those uniforms are allowed to be worn. I don't know if there are internal rules. Maybe the Warriors only get to choose three uniforms for the round and those were the three. 

Go A's!

I would have loved to have seen a blue vs. red matchup. Best color vs. color matchup IMO.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

The Rockets will unveil 3 new uniforms later this month, per Jonathan Feigen on Twitter. 2 bring significant changes to the red and white primary uniform, while the third is a special one-season only uniform.  The black uniforms from last season will return.

My hope is that Fertitta chooses to bring back an updated version of the championship era ketchup and mustard for the home and away. For the 3rd uni, I really liked the all red we wore this season, although I suspect they’ll bring back a version with Chinese characters.

They’ve done nothing to indicate even wanting to bring yellow back into the color scheme. I severely doubt they will create a new uniform set with it. I’m suspecting red white and black versions of the Saturn 5 rocket designed unis.

My money is on this year’s red Earned jersey with a white jersey to match the black and red jerseys.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Seriously who is in charge of designing some of these NBA logos lately? The "R" isn't centered, the name arch doesn't match the ribbon. Is the ribbon going around the basketball? Because the gray makes it look like it's floating behind. It's like they take 5 minutes in illustrator and don't even bother to clean up any of the lines or make sure stuff lines up properly.

It seems like when a team gets a full-on rebrand we get nice clean logos with great execution (Wolves, Blazers, Kings, etc). But when a team tries to tweak it's current branding or add a new logo it's just a disaster (Cavs, Wizards, Rockets).

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Seriously who is in charge of designing some of these NBA logos lately? The "R" isn't centered, the name arch doesn't match the ribbon. Is the ribbon going around the basketball? Because the gray makes it look like it's floating behind. It's like they take 5 minutes in illustrator and don't even bother to clean up any of the lines or make sure stuff lines up properly.

It seems like when a team gets a full-on rebrand we get nice clean logos with great execution (Wolves, Blazers, Kings, etc). But when a team tries to tweak it's current branding or add a new logo it's just a disaster (Cavs, Wizards, Rockets).

Agreed I think it looks hideous. So out of place with the R logo and just outright boring. Not as terrible as the mess that was the Cavs refresh, but still pretty awful and one of the worst logos in the league.

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

That logo itself is quite bad, yes.

But it looks to me like they're phasing out the 2003 Buffy typeface for the much better one that was used on the black alternate; if that's the only change to the main jersey set, I'd be happy with that.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived