NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

I've always felt like the Heat are really missing out on potential with their brand. The whole red/black thing is kinda overdone (even if they beat the Raptors to the punch, both the Bulls and Blazers were way before the Heat) and the Vice brand is a way for them to be unique and locally-tied. At least, I feel like they should implement the orange/yellow in their logo into their jerseys, since I believe black/red/yellow is unique in the NBA at least (though if the Rockets went back to red/yellow then I guess not). To me, nothing about red/black screams Heat, but if you add yellow, that makes it a little better. To me, a Vice rebrand is the way to go, however.

the user formerly known as cdclt

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Miami has a look that I’d be okay with if they never changed again, tweaks sure but like nothing major. Them, the Bulls, the Pistons, Blazers, and Celtics are the only 5 I wouldn’t mind if they didn’t change anything in their brand (besides alts) for the next 50 years

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

I've always felt like the Heat are really missing out on potential with their brand. The whole red/black thing is kinda overdone (even if they beat the Raptors to the punch, both the Bulls and Blazers were way before the Heat) and the Vice brand is a way for them to be unique and locally-tied. At least, I feel like they should implement the orange/yellow in their logo into their jerseys, since I believe black/red/yellow is unique in the NBA at least (though if the Rockets went back to red/yellow then I guess not). To me, nothing about red/black screams Heat, but if you add yellow, that makes it a little better. To me, a Vice rebrand is the way to go, however.

What opportunities have they missed? They’ve built a truly enduring and timeless identity. The Vice sets are cool gimmicks, but gimmicks nonetheless. 

The Heat weren’t first with red/black, but they have very well designed uniforms that don’t need to be changed. And, if it matters, since 2000 they’ve been by far the most successful red/black team. To a generation of fans, they are the red/black team in the NBA. 

I do wish the Heat went back to the bright red used from ‘99-2006 or so. They altered it to more of a crimson, but the warmer color suited them better. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

What opportunities have they missed? They’ve built a truly enduring and timeless identity. The Vice sets are cool gimmicks, but gimmicks nonetheless. 

The Heat weren’t first with red/black, but they have very well designed uniforms thy don’t need to be changed. And, if it matters, since 2000 they’ve been by far the most successful red/black team. To a generation of fans, they are the red/black team in the NBA. 

Their jerseys look good, but they don't scream "Heat" to a non-fan. Now, will they change to the Vice look? Probably not, and that's probably for the best. Their jerseys are iconic, even if I don't feel like they mesh well with the name. Honestly, I just want a team be full-time Vice (Marlins don't really count, since they dropped the ball on the pink), and the Heat just seem the most natural, since they already do it so well. 

the user formerly known as cdclt

40 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Their jerseys look good, but they don't scream "Heat" to a non-fan. Now, will they change to the Vice look? Probably not, and that's probably for the best. Their jerseys are iconic, even if I don't feel like they mesh well with the name. Honestly, I just want a team be full-time Vice (Marlins don't really count, since they dropped the ball on the pink), and the Heat just seem the most natural, since they already do it so well. 

Imo the Vice look is extremely forced and such a violent 180 degree turn from the foundation of roots. Their identity is one of the best in the league and it sucks that they given it up for changes sake, the color scheme is nice but terrible for the heat. Imagine the dolphins in vice, it’s the same way. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Marlins take it though.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

514b2a38e89eb0a54e36f4d7fa76977c.jpg

sure they’re heavy dominant black and red, but I never associate them with the Bulls or Blazers because even that sliver of yellow makes a difference. There’s no need to bring orange into the logo, especially when it’s so similar to red (look at their throwbacks). I would only brighten the red and MAYBE use a tad more yellow outside of the uniform.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I like the Vice identity but I wish they used more of a greenish teal instead of cyan. If they added a splash Orange to this it could tie in their Floridian days and also give it a Cirtus/Party vibe - albeit it would essentially be the Spurs fiesta colorway.

As for their Red & Black scheme; I would like more Orange implemented. A bright Orange placed next to the Red would look more flame/blast-like. If they also added Yellow and minimized the Black I think it would suit their branding more, but perhaps 4 colors plus white is a bit much.

On 5/8/2019 at 2:57 AM, QueenCitySwarm said:

There's way too much red/black/white in the NBA and NHL. I'd be ecstatic if the Rockets dropped black and returned to red/yellow/white. They'd have a unique look since Atlanta uses "Volt" instead of yellow.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Hey @Conrad., you mentioned earlier 14 teams would be making changes to their Statement uni's. I think these might be the 14, am I right?

1 Knicks

2 Lakers

3 Bucks

4 Magic

5 Rockets

6 Mavericks

7 Warriors

8 Pistons

9 Jazz

10 Celtics

11 Cavaliers

12 Spurs

13 Nets

14 Blazers

1 minute ago, BJ Sands said:

Re: The Heat

Why are people trying to fix what isn’t broken? They’re modern classics that suit the franchise perfectly. 

Because “good design” means “30 unique color palettes across the NBA” and nothing else.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

7 hours ago, trevcurtis said:

Hey @Conrad., you mentioned earlier 14 teams would be making changes to their Statement uni's. I think these might be the 14, am I right?

1 Knicks

2 Lakers

3 Bucks

4 Magic

5 Rockets

6 Mavericks

7 Warriors

8 Pistons

9 Jazz

10 Celtics

11 Cavaliers

12 Spurs

13 Nets

14 Blazers

You've got 7 correct 😜

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

You've got 7 correct 😜

ooo, I'll play!

1. Knicks                   8. Sixers

2. Magic                    9. Suns

3. Mavericks            10. Hornets

4. Warriors               11. Timberwolves

5. Pistons                12. Clippers

6. Cavaliers             13. Pelicans

7. Nets                     14. Kings

13 hours ago, spillpronecanvas said:

I like the Vice identity but I wish they used more of a greenish teal instead of cyan. If they added a splash Orange to this it could tie in their Floridian days and also give it a Cirtus/Party vibe - albeit it would essentially be the Spurs fiesta colorway.

Flint Tropics!!! I would love that

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

1 hour ago, eRay said:

ooo, I'll play!

1. Knicks                   8. Sixers

2. Magic                    9. Suns

3. Mavericks            10. Hornets

4. Warriors               11. Timberwolves

5. Pistons                12. Clippers

6. Cavaliers             13. Pelicans

7. Nets                     14. Kings