NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, j'villejags said:

Red, yellow, and black would look good, but I kind of like it with the metallic gold. 

RFnmEpE.png

I like it but my problem is how that volt yellow has been engraved into my head every time I look at the hawks to a point that my eyes are telling me that the gold is volt

IMG-7122.gif

9 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Hmmmm...

Throwbacks? I think so...

Hmm. I’m a bit afraid if what might happen. I’m sure one of the jerseys will be a nice throwback. However if they’re keeping the black jerseys then I would assume theyre making the main white and red jerseys based off of that? Which I’m not 100% on. If that’s not the case then I think it will be what I call a “wizards” case where one uniform doesn’t have the same design as the others. 

washington-wizards-uniforms-2018-2019.jpnotice how the navy jersey dosnt have the same specific design as the main red and white ones. I believe this might be happening with the rockets.

IMG-7122.gif

7 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

With the talk that there’s too many red and black teams, why not make the Hawks and red and light blue team? I would hate to see them emphasize black. If anything bring back the navy, just not black

Ive often said the Hawks should be red and yellow, but I think this would be the best route for the franchise to go. This could be a brand that sticks.

That baby blue alt would be one of the best alts in the league, the whole set would be. It’s unique to them (and the Kings but they obviously have their purple) and it’s historic. Did they win the title in baby blue all those many years ago?

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Couple of thoughts on the Hawks' identity moving forward: 

• I don't hate red, volt and granite -- in fact, it was a color scheme I fantasized about before it came to fruition. The issue is that the "volt" is not standardized, so across merchandise you can get stuff that is anywhere from bright yellow to straight lime green. When the rebrand first started the logos on the signage around the lower bowl in the arena were green, black and white, while the floor coloring was more yellow and -- of course -- the primary logo only works in one color to utilize negative space. If they simplified and standardized, as well as tweaked the uniforms to not be so loud (maybe only use volt as trim), they could be on to something
  • If they change colors again, I wouldn't be afraid of just straight red and white -- if not, red, gold and black work 
  • The template for the 50th anniv jerseys they worse this year is AMAZING, and would definitely work as a primary template moving forward. 

Is it an unpopular opinion that the best Hawks uniforms were in '80s? I always thought it was just assumed that the Hawks peaked in the Dominique Wilkins era, but I don't see anybody here affirming that, so I must be wrong. 

Just now, gosioux76 said:

Is it an unpopular opinion that the best Hawks uniforms were in '80s? I always thought it was just assumed that the Hawks peaked in the Dominique Wilkins era, but I don't see anybody here affirming that, so I must be wrong. 

I would partially agree. I also like the navy era with Horford and Josh Smith. But the Wilkins era was definitely some of the best they’ve looked

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Navy era was horrible. Full stop.

Also, why do we think there's a change in the works with the Hawks besides that one guys saying "trust me something will happen at 4pm?"

There's 0 rumor circulating around the Hawks circles about this. In fact this is the only place I've heard anyone say something about a brand change.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

15 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Also, why do we think there's a change in the works with the Hawks besides that one guys saying "trust me something will happen at 4pm?"

There's 0 rumor circulating around the Hawks circles about this. In fact this is the only place I've heard anyone say something about a brand change.

The change will happen next year, for the 2020-21 season. I mean, the owner said new uniforms were coming. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 6/20/2019 at 10:59 AM, BlazerBlaze said:

The actual owner of the team ,Tony Ressler, said it out of his own mouth yesterday. Said he wasn't fully in time with the uniforms and new designs are on the way. I will add, that as a long time Hawks fan, The navy era uniforms were the most bland, uninspired, and lifeless uniforms in team history.

8 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Hmm. I’m a bit afraid if what might happen. I’m sure one of the jerseys will be a nice throwback. However if they’re keeping the black jerseys then I would assume theyre making the main white and red jerseys based off of that? Which I’m not 100% on. If that’s not the case then I think it will be what I call a “wizards” case where one uniform doesn’t have the same design as the others. 

washington-wizards-uniforms-2018-2019.jpnotice how the navy jersey dosnt have the same specific design as the main red and white ones. I believe this might be happening with the rockets.

The navy jersey not having a stripe is my biggest pet peeve in sports. It makes no sense!

The 2019 NBA Draft Cap Collection

June 20, 2019 - 16:41 PM

The 2019 NBA Draft will be held tonight in New York, and as is the tradition, each draft pick will be presented the cap of his new team upon reaching the stage and sharing an awkward handshake/high five/fist bump with […]

Read More...

2 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

The navy jersey not having a stripe is my biggest pet peeve in sports. It makes no sense!

Could be a color balance issue? Like they can't go red or white stripe because those colors are being used for the number and number outline.

4 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Don’t forget the completely different side design. That almost bugs me even more because aside from the obvious text and shoulder stripe there’s no similarity in the navy unis to the other main unis.

IMG-7122.gif

4 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

The 2019 NBA Draft Cap Collection

June 20, 2019 - 16:41 PM

The 2019 NBA Draft will be held tonight in New York, and as is the tradition, each draft pick will be presented the cap of his new team upon reaching the stage and sharing an awkward handshake/high five/fist bump with […]

Read More...

Not a big fan. They all look like pistons logos. I would prefer if there was the main logo in the middle. So then from years to come if a team changes logo people can look back and see “wow! _____ was drafted when the _____ had that logo!” 

IMG-7122.gif

50 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

Not a big fan. They all look like pistons logos. I would prefer if there was the main logo in the middle. So then from years to come if a team changes logo people can look back and see “wow! _____ was drafted when the _____ had that logo!” 

The early 90s script hats did not need logos. 

And while they have faint similarities to the Pistons logo...these new hats are pretty different. Even the Pistons hat doesn't really look like the actual Pistons logo. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived