NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever! They need a new logo too! The two tone blue and red-orange (vermillion) is a done deal! Just need a light blue lighting bolt on the logo where it conveys the team. All the NBA needs now is the return of the Super Sonics and a Pittsburgh basketball team to level the playing field.

17 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

not loving that Thunder uni...it's somehow worse than the navy and orange unis from last season. didn't think they could possibly mess that nice template up, but they did it. congrats.

The color balance tanks without any navy in it. Three medium-to-light colors makes for a washed-out look.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 5/9/2019 at 12:12 AM, trevcurtis said:

Hey @Conrad., you mentioned earlier 14 teams would be making changes to their Statement uni's. I think these might be the 14, am I right?

1 Knicks

2 Lakers

3 Bucks

4 Magic

5 Rockets

6 Mavericks

7 Warriors

8 Pistons

9 Jazz

10 Celtics

11 Cavaliers

12 Spurs

13 Nets

14 Blazers

@Conrad. not that you can confirm, but I just want to stab at it since you said 7 of those teams will do it. 

1. Lakers (only one I care about)

2. Rockets

3. Warriors

4. Cavaliers

5. Jazz

6. Thunder

7. Knicks

1 minute ago, d11king said:

@Conrad. not that you can confirm, but I just want to stab at it since you said 7 of those teams will do it. 

1. Lakers (only one I care about)

2. Rockets

3. Warriors

4. Cavaliers

5. Jazz

6. Thunder

7. Knicks

Lakers aren’t. He already (unfortunately) hinted at it.

da0Lbhs.png

Don't know how to embed an Instagram post, but from what Bruce Brown posted today, it looks like he's wearing teal and black shorts and the letters on his Pistons shirt appear to be teal. Could this point to a possible real throwback this year?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Don't know how to embed an Instagram post, but from what Bruce Brown posted today, it looks like he's wearing real and black shorts and the letters on his Pistons shirt appear to be teal. Could this point to a possible real throwback this year?

I’m so conflicted with this concept.

Excellent!

3 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Don't know how to embed an Instagram post, but from what Bruce Brown posted today, it looks like he's wearing teal and black shorts and the letters on his Pistons shirt appear to be teal. Could this point to a possible real throwback this year?

Hate to bust the bubble, but...

D97uQ5uWkAAOxl1.jpg:large

12 hours ago, WBeltz said:

These are much better than the orange ones they had last year. Also, why do most of OKCs alternate jerseys look better than their standard set?

It allows the team to actually try with their uniforms unlike the normal ones which were clearly just slapped together quickly after the move from Seattle to make it in time.

bSLCtu2.png

12 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It allows the team to actually try with their uniforms unlike the normal ones which were clearly just slapped together quickly after the move from Seattle to make it in time.

Yeah and their owner's stubborn refusal to rebrand doesn't help either.

shado_logo.gif

15 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Oh okay. The filter on his post made the blue look teal.  

Yeah, I looked at it too ... totally the filter. Though, as a throwback I'm sure we'll see the teal again someday. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 6/25/2019 at 1:16 AM, Ice_Cap said:

Sometimes, when you’re a fan of a team with as consistent an identity as the Spurs, you should just be happy with how things are. Lest the team tamper with a good thing and try something dumb. 

While I don't necessarily disagree, it's pretty difficult for the Spurs to go wrong with an arched wordmark in black white and silver.

I don't see any reason to change the traditional home and roads at any point in the foreseeable future, but the grey alternate is really, really tired and average at best to begin with, and the military inspired city jersey is fine if that's your thing, but camo isn't really for me. I know the Spurs franchise-wide philopsophy is about getting the fundamentals right, but I think it's a bit of a missed opportunity.

I saw the introduction of the statement and city jerseys as a great opportunity for the Spurs to have a bit of fun with alternates, but they've resisted hard at this point. I'd even take something as simple as a Gervin era throwback with the big full San Antonio wordmark.

48 minutes ago, bowld said:

James going back to 6? 

Sucks for all the fans who just bought his 23 Laker jersey

Hell, that means more money for the Lakers since people will want James current jersey.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

2 hours ago, bowld said:

James going back to 6? 

Sucks for all the fans who just bought his 23 Laker jersey

I don't feel bad. At all. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived