NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

17 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

There are three buildings being used. You won't get more than three  games a day. With the three buildings, you could roll the three games off back to back to back. There's your daily tv slate. 

In the 22-team regular season portion, you'd need more than three games per day. 6 teams playing per day means 3+ days for the "league" to play one game each. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

In the 22-team regular season portion, you'd need more than three games per day. 6 teams playing per day means 3+ days for the "league" to play one game each. 

I don't think you understand what the NBA is doing here. They won't be playing that many games. 

12 minutes ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

I don't think you understand what the NBA is doing here. They won't be playing that many games. 

I'm not sure you understand it either.

8 games for each of the 22 teams before the playoffs. That's 88 games (176/2 teams per game). That shouldn't last 30 days dude. 

The last game of the NBA finals will be Oct 12.  You need at least 8 weeks for the playoffs (as per usual). 

You still need more than three games per day for the first couple of weeks. 

1 hour ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

I looked it up. They plan on playing 6 games a day. With three arenas, seems pretty easy.

So starting at 11am with warm ups and post game there wouldn’t be time to change out courts with one game ending and with in an hour another game having to start in the same arena. What aren’t you getting about this? Playoff sure it’s possible especially the later rounds but the earlier games it’s just not possible.

1 hour ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

I looked it up. They plan on playing 6 games a day. With three arenas, seems pretty easy.

Oh so they are playing that many games. 

I'm glad you actually looked something up rather than "here's what I think based on no information whatsoever"

Oh, stop it. I'm the only one who brought any info in this thread. With links. When I first got to this thread, everyone thought one court was being switched out 22 times in one place. My only guess was the amount of games a day. A number that helps my argument, that the NBA and Disney knows what they are doing.

I've brought tons of facts. All you've done in this thread is, "nu huh, I bet they cant". Without bringing in one fact or link. 

On 6/6/2020 at 9:23 AM, Scrumptious Ham said:

No need to worry about the logistics. This isn't a high school tournament. It's the NBA and Disney. None of the concerns in this thread are valid ones. They have the resources and then some.

On 6/8/2020 at 11:15 PM, Scrumptious Ham said:

They can have a guy with a mic in a corner somewhere. It's not a big deal. 

What fans? It was my understanding none would be in attendance. 

This might not be your usual gameday production. They could film it like a TV or movie scene. Eddie, Urkel and Grandmama vs inner city Chicago teens. 

23 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

There are three buildings being used. You won't get more than three  games a day. With the three buildings, you could roll the three games off back to back to back. There's your daily tv slate. 

5 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

Nothing but hardcore facts right here. 

Literally the only fact you put on here was 20 courts could be set up in a building. 

You say I haven't brought in one fact...yet...these are facts: 

8 games for each of the 22 teams before the playoffs. That's 88 games (176/2 teams per game). That shouldn't last 30 days dude. 

The last game of the NBA finals will be Oct 12.  You need at least 8 weeks for the playoffs (as per usual). 

Aye, you can have that one, but I brought up the set up. And it isn't one building, it's three. It's only 7 courts a building. The reason I said anything in this thread is that the switching of courts is cake and bringing 22 courts to Disney will be no problem for the likes of the NBA and disney. What do you know. It is absolutely no problem. 

2 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

Aye, you can have that one, but I brought up the set up. And it isn't one building, it's three. It's only 7 courts a building. The reason I said anything in this thread is that the switching of courts is cake and bringing 22 courts to Disney will be no problem for the likes of the NBA and disney. What do you know. It is absolutely no problem. 

This is an A+ troll job. Kudos to staying on point and not breaking character. 

What if they need a court from building C for a game against a team in building A?  Or is the schedule such that teams are "assigned" a building and all of their opponents up until the playoffs will also be at that building?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 6/8/2020 at 8:36 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

You inadvertently picked a perfect picture to show how awful those are.  Besides the unnecessary outline, the wordmark is way too big, and too flat - just look how far down it has to be placed just to fit. Letters and numbers are spaced too far apart too. I think purple and green is a great combo, but those were putrid uniforms.

Everything you said is not really a great argument, since practically every NBA team that changed their look in the 90s did basically what you describe.  Huge wordmarks and even huge images displayed on the fronts of jerseys, as well as excessive outlines, were the "in" thing for most teams who made changes in the 90s.  I don't want to list all of them because that would take a long time, but a few teams that immediately come to mind from that era are the Nets, Sonics, and Jazz changes during that time period.  Huge wordmarks, lots of outlines.  Also, look at NBA photos from the 90s and you'll see that a lot of teams had huge wordmarks that were placed in lower positions than they are today. That Bucks look fit in perfectly for that era, and looked great.

A smaller, "quieter," less-outlined, higher-positioned wordmark would look appropriate today (in fact, that's exactly what the Bucks and a lot of teams are doing now), but in the 90s it would have looked very out-of-place and weird for a re-brand.  It's easy to look back at these 20 years later and think they looked poorly designed, but it's more just that what is considered "good design" can really change over time, just like fashion or anything else that has to do with aesthetics.

Even though the Bucks seem to change fairly often, I give them credit for 1) always keeping green (they have pretty much always been a green team for how long, over 50 years of existence?) and 2) changing their jerseys with the times as needed.  They've had a lot of different and unique styles over the decades, but they never really look outdated for the time period because they update their look before that can happen.

On 6/8/2020 at 9:42 AM, WSU151 said:

Seems like two games at once, separated by a curtain, would be awful for TV. So many whistles, horns, maybe different public announcers? 

Very AAU and basketball camp or weekend invitational.

Incredibly random post...the Clippers and the Cavaliers played each other twice before the virus hit; in both games, both teams were wearing HWC unis. Considering the Buffalo Braves and the 90s Cavs were different eras, it seems odd that Nike would set it up that way (that is, it would make sense if both HWC were from the same era). 

In Los Angeles:

WireAP_dacd97b117764a23a2065a33e9aea5fe_

In Cleveland:

Gallery | Clippers vs. Cavaliers (02.09.20) | Los Angeles Clippers

It's one of my biggest jersey pet peeves. Baseball does it right where the visiting team usually dresses in era appropriate uniforms. I don't see how Nike wouldn't be all over having a couple teams sporting one off throwbacks? More jerseys to sell, no?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, Digby said:

I kinda doubt we’ll see the Clippers throwback to the 90s, or any other Sterling era look, any time soon.

I don’t think we’ll see the cursive any time soon. Just like they did with the city unis two or three tears ago, they might modernize an old look for an alt.

The blue-white-red-white-blue stripes still have nautical significance. 

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Oh yeah I'd like to see this:

13993_01_lg.jpg

or away version of it again. It was dope uniforms even if Clippers weren't good in that era.

I would have to disagree. These uniforms, much like the teams that wore them, were boring and forgettable. 

1 hour ago, BC985 said:

I would have to disagree. These uniforms, much like the teams that wore them, were boring and forgettable. 

And, that's what makes them great.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived