NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Seems like two games at once, separated by a curtain, would be awful for TV. So many whistles, horns, maybe different public announcers? 

Four games per day on two courts per venue seems likely, with an alternating time schedule between courts. 

There are 3 venues that will be used.  Five to six games will be played each day.  There will be 4 hours in between games so the courts can be cleaned.  Unlikely there would be any practices happening at the same venues while the games are going on.  What that likely means is that 3 games can be played at the same time in the morning/early afternoon at the 3 different venues and 3 more in the evening.  Others have pointed out the possibility that they could set up practice courts elsewhere.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Announcers could commentate from the studio not from arena.

he means PA announcers, like announcing subs, point scorers like normally happens in a nba arena

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Announcers could commentate from the studio not from arena.

An arena still needs a public announcer, even without fans. Not talking about broadcast announcers. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, M4One said:

There are 3 venues that will be used.  Five to six games will be played each day.  There will be 4 hours in between games so the courts can be cleaned.  Unlikely there would be any practices happening at the same venues while the games are going on.  What that likely means is that 3 games can be played at the same time in the morning/early afternoon at the 3 different venues and 3 more in the evening.  Others have pointed out the possibility that they could set up practice courts elsewhere.

I think they’ll do a rolling schedule so fans who are watching aren’t waiting four hours between games. 

On 6/6/2020 at 2:01 AM, Berlin Wall said:

73016125-milwaukee-bucks-v-golden-state-

You inadvertently picked a perfect picture to show how awful those are.  Besides the unnecessary outline, the wordmark is way too big, and too flat - just look how far down it has to be placed just to fit. Letters and numbers are spaced too far apart too. I think purple and green is a great combo, but those were putrid uniforms.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They can have a guy with a mic in a corner somewhere. It's not a big deal. 

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I think they’ll do a rolling schedule so fans who are watching aren’t waiting four hours between games. 

What fans? It was my understanding none would be in attendance. 

This might not be your usual gameday production. They could film it like a TV or movie scene. Eddie, Urkel and Grandmama vs inner city Chicago teens. 

On 6/5/2020 at 5:38 PM, Conrad. said:

^ agreed about losing blue and especially black, since the green is such a dark shade. made me think of this guy from 5(!) years ago now.

The problem in today's world is even with that color pallet, you can be sure black would be shoehorned in somewhere.

8 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

They can have a guy with a mic in a corner somewhere. It's not a big deal. 

What fans? It was my understanding none would be in attendance. 

This might not be your usual gameday production. They could film it like a TV or movie scene. Eddie, Urkel and Grandmama vs inner city Chicago teens. 

Fans watching on TV. 

Maybe I'm just playing the roll of eternal optimist today, but this whole thing is going to be a fantastic mess and it's going to make for an absolutely mind-blowing documentary in about five years. What a remarkable experiment to be playing out in real time. 

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Maybe I'm just playing the roll of eternal optimist today, but this whole thing is going to be a fantastic mess and it's going to make for an absolutely mind-blowing documentary in about five years. What a remarkable experiment to be playing out in real time. 

I welcome the documentary about the successful title defence of the reigning NBA Champions of the World Toronto Raptors.

16 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

There are three buildings being used. You won't get more than three  games a day. With the three buildings, you could roll the three games off back to back to back. There's your daily tv slate. 

Im pretty sure they could do multiple games a day in the early portion of the setup.  Each venue could likely handle minumum three games a day if they start at noon.

Archived