NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

When I think of Milwaukee I think of the forests and the cream city.

Milwaukee is surrounded by more farmland than forest. You seem to have confused Milwaukee with Rhinelander. Common mistake.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I think this pennant as been at the Mavs online store for a while (thus I don't think it's new)...but it's interesting. They have the "flying" basketball swith ten-gallon hats on this HWC item...it looks to be secondary logo. It's never been used, correct?

17-18_Mavericks_PQP-HWC-cst_1800x1800.jpg?v=1552776285

I’m from Dallas, and have been to many mavs games, and I’ve never seen this. Conrad might know though.

Excellent!

12 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

The general consensus is that the Bucks have a top 10 easily, made top 5 look in the NBA. 

Um where? By who?

The Bucks' current identity is middling at best and a mess at worst. 

1 hour ago, Krz said:

I’m from Dallas, and have been to many mavs games, and I’ve never seen this. Conrad might know though.

I can honestly say I've never seen it either. Nice find, @WSU151! Not sure what the story is there...i would guess it's just a logo created by Wincraft for that purpose only. People here are clamoring for stuff in that vein of aesthetic though, so the Mavs or Wincraft need to put that on merch by itself!

Im surprised when i hear how much of ya'll hate the current Bucks set. Odd font outlining aside, I think its one of the best and most unique in the league. Maybe it's because i really don't have a particular care for the green/red and irish rainbow schemes

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

Milwaukee is surrounded by more farmland than forest. You seem to have confused Milwaukee with Rhinelander. Common mistake.

to be fair, the green and cream colors that the Bucks use do pretty much match up with the colors youd see from farmland.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

Storage seems easy...you could probably store 22 floors in an airplane hanger or in some facility at Disney World (Disney has all kinds of storage). Changing them out seems like a lot of wasted time. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Im surprised when i hear how much of ya'll hate the current Bucks set. Odd font outlining aside, I think its one of the best and most unique in the league. Maybe it's because i really don't have a particular care for the green/red and irish rainbow schemes

It's a matter of principle.  Our visual look isn't tied to any of the eras of greatness, very goodness or flash in the pan-ness.  We look stupid.  There is no visual through-line tying Kareem to Marques to Sidney to Ray to Giannis.  That's point number one. 

Point number two is these colors don't remotely work, especially with an orange Harley patch. 

Milwaukee Bucks Team Color Scheme » Black » SchemeColor.com

There are simply far too many colors.  The Bucks should be a green and white team with a spash of red, but put that aside.  There are only 2.5 green teams in the NBA.  The Celtics, the Bucks and not really the Wolves or Mavericks.  It's not too much to ask that the Milwaukee Bucks who have been around since 1968 have a well defined visual corner. 

The Wizards had a nice little navy and cream thing going for a while.  I found it attractive.  It was abandoned because as attractive as the pairing was, they didn't look like the Bullets, and that was with far less colors and no sponsor patch.

The Nets decided to wear grey all the time for a while.  It seemed like a decent and creative look.  It was abandoned because it was just a fad at the end of the day.

The Bucks wore purple and green for more than a decade.  A lot of fans really liked it.  It was abandoned as soon as purple fell out of vogue. 

At a certain point you have to decide what your team colors are.  The terrible shiny jerseys that the Bucks wore in the early aughts were the problem, not the colors.

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

Ah then you're correct then. I just thought forests cause bucks and deers and all that  and how their court design is inspired by forests 

--

As for the current colors the bucks use I am against the blue and maybe a little bit of the black. The blue does nothing but serve as a little one inch sliver on the side of the jersey. As for black I'm pretty fine with it I think black and dark green goes for a nice "hunter" kinda look. That's what I've always weirdly associated the bucks with. But then again like I said all the bucks need imo is just the green and the cream. It's as professional as it can get in my book. I love two color teams 

IMG-7122.gif

This would be a nice gesture, but a logistical nightmare.  One goal of having it all at one site is to have as many games played in a day as possible.  Changing out courts takes time.

I really want to like the Bucks' new look.  There are things about it that I like very much.  But overall, it's just too much.  And this is really the root of the problem:

12 hours ago, DavidDunn21 said:

Point number two is these colors don't remotely work, especially with an orange Harley patch. 

Milwaukee Bucks Team Color Scheme » Black » SchemeColor.com

There are simply far too many colors. 

Agreed.  

The Irish Rainbows worked because the extra shade of green was only ever used as accent color, and the colors all complimented each other well.

CUT5o8K.png

Overall, the Bucks then were a dark green/light green/white team.

fMo5Io3.png

21374832%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u21374810%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u11407258_10152954241107817_8893768915198

There's a really good balance there.  I'd have taken it one step further, and removed all white except for the names and numbers.  Doesn't need the white trim, or the white stripe on the rainbows.

Maybe replace the white with a light shade of cream.  Use this for the uniforms:

ghZdrjG.png

But this for all other applications:

sv5j5aV.png

And I think that would go a long way towards fixing the Bucks' problems.

I really like the bucks color scheme, green cream and light blue could look phenomenal for a Milwaukee team. But the Bucks are green cream and light blue, they're forest green and red. Outside of the colors the uniforms aren't bad at all, but they've had a collection of some of the worst Nike alternates. I don't the bucks have had a good alternate since they've rebranded, it's really diluted the brand. But you can say that with every team since Nike took over

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived