NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

The Jazz 80’s-90’s throwbacks last year commemorated the 40th anniversary in Utah, but the mountain throwbacks this year (to my knowledge) aren’t commemorating anything particular. I think the anniversary thing is much more correlation than rule, as well.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I don’t think it’s a rule, just highly correlated. Teams with anniversaries are more likely to have classics. 

The Hornets and Pacers have worn throwbacks multiple years in a row with no anniversary mark. 

I can't remember which gm or team official phrased that it was a league rule. Maybe Orlando or Detroit. I believe it was quoted in this thread here sometime earlier in the season. 

Would be interesting to get real clarification on this. Maybe it was used as an excuse by the team for opting not to use a throwback.

10 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

I can't remember which gm or team official phrased that it was a league rule. Maybe Orlando or Detroit. I believe it was quoted in this thread here sometime earlier in the season. 

Would be interesting to get real clarification on this. Maybe it was used as an excuse by the team for opting not to use a throwback.

It was Detroit. Article about the teal unis coming back was rebutted with "Nah we can't do throwbacks because our next anniversary isn't until 22/23"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 5/28/2020 at 5:24 PM, truepg said:

The best of all their new sets.

this color combo is also a cool yet vibrant reset on the navy and gold era. If they went in this direction it would be one of the more fresh unique brands in the league. 

ATL

For being a basketball aesthetic forum, idk WTF yall talk about half the time.  The red-green wasnt bad but it wasnt that great either.  Cream/Green is still unique to the Bucks and is a FAR superior set to the Christmas Bucks.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

1 hour ago, itsmb8 said:

For being a basketball aesthetic forum, idk WTF yall talk about half the time.  The red-green wasnt bad but it wasnt that great either.  Cream/Green is still unique to the Bucks and is a FAR superior set to the Christmas Bucks.

Those shiny green/red Bucks jerseys with the beveled word mark were atrocious.

The Bucks are tricky for me, because they’ve had enough good looks that were different from each other that I really don’t know what’s ideal for them. In my opinion, they look really good now, they looked really good in Irish rainbows, and they looked really good in the 1968 inaugural Christmas colors set (yeah I like green and red together, I admit it). I can’t choose what the “right” Bucks set is in my head; to me all three of those have a lot of redeeming qualities. I guess it’s a good problem to have if you’re the Bucks, much better than having nothing but bad “ideal” candidates across the board.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Some teams don’t have a best look! Some teams can update as eras pass and it’s a-ok, good even. Bucks are a good example; my view is that they’ve had a lot of good-not-great looks (Irish rainbows are way overrated). Current Bucks is my favorite, actually.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 6/2/2020 at 5:35 PM, itsmb8 said:

1.  Cream/Green is an inferior pairing, but that's a matter of taste, whatever.

2.  The Bucks won a championship with Red/Green and own that combination throughout the 3 major sports

3.  Even if you prefer Cream/Green, the Bucks don't wear it.  You could make a case for cream replacing the white like this:

ersan-ilyasova-2019-20-men's-green-chris

...but again, that's not what The Bucks do.  They wear 27 bad colors and put cream next to white.  They look like an expansion team.

48 minutes ago, DavidDunn21 said:

1.  Cream/Green is an inferior pairing, but that's a matter of taste, whatever.

2.  The Bucks won a championship with Red/Green and own that combination throughout the 3 major sports

3.  Even if you prefer Cream/Green, the Bucks don't wear it.  You could make a case for cream replacing the white like this:

ersan-ilyasova-2019-20-men's-green-chris

...but again, that's not what The Bucks do.  They wear 27 bad colors and put cream next to white.  They look like an expansion team.

Dude wtf are you talking about.  Their road uniform is literally green with cream accents, just a white wordmark and numbers.  Their city edition is literally cream with green (and blue) accents, the statement uniform is primarily green and cream accents, all of the logos are primarily green and cream....  White has VERY LITTLE to do with the overall look.  And Milwaukee is nicknamed cream city, hence the city edition jersey, so them going back to red after using the cream color would be a TERRIBLE look.  

The general consensus is that the Bucks have a top 10 easily, made top 5 look in the NBA.  Their last set, using green and red, was one of the WORST according to the overwhelming majority.  So "they look like an expansion team" is just utterly blasphemous.  

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

NBA Teams Could Use Home Courts if Season Resumes in Orlando

June 4, 2020 - 14:57 PM

There’s no place like home… court in the NBA, and if the league’s Orlando “hub city” plan goes forward we could see each team’s usual home court during games. According to Yahoo! Sports’ Keith Smith, “the idea of transporting a […]

Read More...

My major complaints with the bucks current look:

spacer.png

1. The white name and numbers should not be outlined in cream, it makes for very little contrast, and makes the weird font they use look worse. (Maybe outline it in red?).

2. Blue is unnecessary, and doesn’t fit the team. The side panels would ideally look more like the Irish rainbow look than the current.

Excellent!

I hate the Bucks' new stuff, absolutely hate it. The font looks like a child trying to draw athletic block from memory without understanding it past "there aren't curves." Dark green, royal blue, and black don't look great together, throw in the cream and they're Ye Olde Devil Rays. I hate the logo, this tweet sums it up:

The last set wasn't perfect, but the color scheme was. But that's okay, because you should be able to keep a color scheme and come up with new logos. The Bucks did it the other way in 2006, changing their colors back to the original green and red but keeping the deer-in-headlights logo. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Man, it’s gonna be fun when Giannis leaves Milwaukee for the Western Conference. 

Right? Wouldn’t surprise me if within a few years they rebrand again for a fresh start. Or maybe they don’t, who knows. But if anything, the Bucks have shown in 50+ years that they really don’t mind making changes often. The departure of the best player they’ve had since Kareem and Oscar would be an understandable reason to keep the trend going.

EDIT: For the record, as a fellow small-market fan I really hope Giannis stays in Milwaukee, but I’m betting he leaves.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I love what the bucks have been going for in the present. I'm all for dark green and cream. I feel like it really compliments each other and has a very professional look to it. Any other color like red or purple I just feel like downplays it. When I think of Milwaukee I think of the forests and the cream city. I feel like the two colors are all we need.

IMG-7122.gif

I think this pennant as been at the Mavs online store for a while (thus I don't think it's new)...but it's interesting. They have the "flying" basketballs with ten-gallon hats on this HWC item...it looks to be secondary logo. It's never been used, correct?

17-18_Mavericks_PQP-HWC-cst_1800x1800.jpg?v=1552776285

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived