NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

1 hour ago, JPDesign said:

For the first few days it’s social justice message above number, names under.

After that, everyone’s name will be under the number. If a player chooses to keep a social justice message above for the remainder of the games, they can.

It's actually the right decision so you easily know if a guy's last name is Peace or not (Jordan Clarkson looks a lot different from his Lakers days and I was confused when I saw him).

One of the ways it feels like 2K is because fans have been replaced by cameras, providing angles we generally don't see during life basketball games. It does lead to a bit of an uncanny valley feel.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also looks like they greatly expanded the sideline and baseline, er, lines on the court. I wonder if the original court that was being used in the scrimmages was too minimalist without filled-in paint surrounding the court, confusing the players/refs?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Not sure if this is happening on the national broadcast. But I’m watching Celtics-Bucks on the local broadcast and the digital ads keep getting projected on the Bucks cream jerseys. 😂

They even moved the New Balance sponsor logos to floor space with less traffic in the middle of the game! Guess this is why chroma key is generally done with Nuclear Slime Green and not a very common shade of light wood grain.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

13 minutes ago, Digby said:

Not sure if this is happening on the national broadcast. But I’m watching Celtics-Bucks on the local broadcast and the digital ads keep getting projected on the Bucks cream jerseys. 😂

They even moved the New Balance sponsor logos to floor space with less traffic in the middle of the game! Guess this is why chroma key is generally done with Nuclear Slime Green and not a very common shade of light wood grain.

I even saw a couple white guys getting logos superimposed on their skin in some instances, haha. Fun stuff.

On 7/31/2020 at 7:44 AM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It's actually the right decision so you easily know if a guy's last name is Peace or not (Jordan Clarkson looks a lot different from his Lakers days and I was confused when I saw him).

He did before the hiatus, don't really like his current look

On 7/31/2020 at 8:44 AM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It's actually the right decision so you easily know if a guy's last name is Peace or not

If only Metta World Peace was still playing. Then his jersey could say PEACE WORLD PEACE

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

6 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

If only Metta World Peace was still playing. Then his jersey could say PEACE WORLD PEACE

World Peace Peace 

Edit: never mind.  It's a little late...

I was thinking World Peace was one of the allowed phrases...

The NBA has now added surnames to the back of the jerseys under the number. So the players that chose to keep the social justice sayings have clusterf--k of a design mess on the back. I knew this was going to happen, but it doesn't look good. I'll have to see if I can get a screenshot. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

And, from my understanding that even if a player doesn't use a social justice saying the name will still be under the number like we've been with LeBron, AD, etc.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived