NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, _J_ said:

So am I guessing that the "home courts" idea is dead, or just not being used for the practice games.

They’re just practice courts. From what I’ve seen they’ve brought in the two Magic courts (makes sense), the Heat Vice (sure) and... the Pacers? You’d think they could find some other courts they could lay down in hotel ballrooms without having to bring them from Indianapolis but apparently not.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I bet we will see home courts starting in the playoffs either first round or somewhere around the Conference Finals or Finals.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, kimball said:

I bet we will see home courts starting in the playoffs either first round or somewhere around the Conference Finals or Finals.

Not really practical to be changing the courts around.  Maybe for the Finals, but 1st/2nd round, there's no way that's happening.  Actually, with all the big screens, it probably makes it more difficult to change out the courts than usual, so the generic courts are probably there for the entire time.

Didn’t get to verify until the second gme of the night, but in the seeding games, players wearing social justice messages have the message arched above the back number, while those remaining with their own surname have their name placed below the number.

Makes me wonder what Memphis will look like on their white or dark blue options, where name appeared below number pre-bubble.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I don’t think the home courts thing was ever confirmed; makes sense that they were just brought in when there’s a sudden extra need for them on the Disney World campus.

probably some obscure league requirements for the wood or whatever that very very few courts in the world fulfill.

Honestly I’m fine with it, though I hate the digital ad thing obviously, but I think seeing the Celtics parquet or the Lakers design in this weird empty box surrounded by gargantuan LED screens would be too uncanny. 

10 minutes ago, guest23 said:

I was told that the nba and disney were going to use their unlimited resources to ship all the courts to espnland so each team would play on their home court. What happened?

Maybe for the playoffs?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Lakers having names below the number is weird and stupid.

they should have swapped it and done the player messages in the style of underneath the number. the last names are more easily read than the messages. im having to stretch my neck to read a vertically arched 'Black Lives Matter' . i dont know why this is so hard

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

EeOSqMlWAAIA3-F?format=jpg&name=large

With the games looking like they are being played in a TV studio, this really looks like a screengrab from NBA2k (or whatever game the kids are playing these days...)

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

EeOSqMlWAAIA3-F?format=jpg&name=large

Came here SPECIFICALLY to post this lol. BUT...if they actually sell a jersey like this I’d consider purchasing one. 🤷🏾‍♂️

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

For the first few days it’s social justice message above number, names under.

After that, everyone’s name will be under the number. If a player chooses to keep a social justice message above for the remainder of the games, they can.

Archived