NBA Changes 2019-20

kolob

I still feel like they will be an updated version and be the City Edition. Two years with the southern Utah, red rock set and court followed by two years of a northern Utah, mountain set and court. Just my opinion though.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I’m also excited to see what the Social Media team cooks up to go along with it. They had late 80’s themed stuff for last year’s throwback so I anticipate the possibility they’d do some 90’s stuff for this one.

You heard it here first, everyone, Donovan Mitchell collaboration featuring MA$E!

spacer.png

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

According to a Jazz connection I have, the team is keeping last season's City court. That tells me that we're likely getting a white version of the Southern Utah set. I also wonder if there's a chance that they'll designate last season's City set to Statement status. Just speculation.spacer.png

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Classic editions don’t have to celebrate anniversaries, to my recollection the Kings and Rockets aren’t this year and there’s been others who haven’t.

This potential Jazz throwback has me stoked. The mountain set is certainly not the best they’ve ever looked, but there’s a whole lot of good nostalgia and memories to it for me as a 90’s kid Jazz fan. I’ve been wanting to see it come back as an alt for a while now.

I’m also excited to see what the Social Media team cooks up to go along with it. They had late 80’s themed stuff for last year’s throwback so I anticipate the possibility they’d do some 90’s stuff for this one.

The Jazz marketing knows what they’re doing. They were great last year. I am excited as well, especially on top of all the moves and buzz the team created during the off-season.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

According to a Jazz connection I have, the team is keeping last season's City court. That tells me that we're likely getting a white version of the Southern Utah set. I also wonder if there's a chance that they'll designate last season's City set to Statement status. Just speculation.spacer.png

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Southern Utah was the Statement. But, there’s been chatter here that the City Jersey will be a granite inspired design?

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

17 minutes ago, kimball said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Southern Utah was the Statement. But, there’s been chatter here that the City Jersey will be a granite inspired design?

I know a guy who won the Jazz team store's "design a hat" contest and he asked them about the City edition. They couldn't say much but his hat was gray with the southern Utah fade wordmark...

4 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

I would also laugh if they're just trolling everyone and unveil the epitome of black for black sake 1998 alternate jerseys

spacer.png

That word mark is the best they've ever had

The black jerseys sucked, but the template should have been used to update the Jazz instead of going to those dreadful double-blue uniforms with the phantom side panels. Solid purple with sky blue side panels and copper/spruce trim would have been nice. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

The black jerseys sucked, but the template should have been used to update the Jazz instead of going to those dreadful double-blue uniforms with the phantom side panels. Solid purple with sky blue side panels and copper/spruce trim would have been nice. 

Agreed. I did like the sky blue jerseys after the recoloring in ‘04. A fix here and there — namely changing the numeral font and removing UTAH down the shorts — would make it perfect.

Carlos-Boozer.jpg

5 hours ago, Froob said:

Has any team used more primary colors than Utah lol?

This is the curse side to Utah’s alternate and throwback stuff being so popular here; between fans wearing the primary, redrock, and classic gear, we’ve just about got the whole rainbow in the crowd at games. I don’t know that most fans here care, but that identity crisis bugs the crap out of me. Honestly though, the way the NBA uniform landscape is going these days, that may very well wind up as the whole league’s situation.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived