NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, kimball said:

So they switched mid-way through the season? I wonder if there are any other examples of this happening ... not just in the NBA but the big four as well?

The 1994 Phillies had alternate blue hats that were dropped because they were "unlucky"

The 1997 Jaguars changed the look of the jersey numbers between the end of the preseason and the start of the season because of complaints from the announcers

11 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Warmups

I like that. While I liked SOME of the Earned Jerseys, it really did muddle some team's brands IMO. The 4-5 is PLENTY ... probably still a bit too much.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, BShaw20 said:

The Magic have this new “Magic Above All” theme...could it be a sign of a rebrand?

I feel like they've been in the same boat with the Suns in that they had two solid looks (inaugural and second generation), but have failed to recapture the charm of their older sets. The Magic did offset some of this by bringing back the pin stripes as well as a black jersey, but it's nowhere near as good as their first two sets. Like the Suns, I've always felt that they could mix elements from their early uniform histories to achieve a solid overall look.

27 minutes ago, kimball said:

I like that. While I liked SOME of the Earned Jerseys, it really did muddle some team's brands IMO. The 4-5 is PLENTY ... probably still a bit too much.

It’ll probably just be a patch or something that indicated a playoff appearance last season....🤣

spacer.png

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

Apparently there will be 12, not 10 Classic Uniforms, according to this right here

So that means

Rockets

Kings

Grizzlies

Warriors

76ers

_____

_____

_____

_____

_____

_____

_____

Well...the second part of his sentence we know to be false thanks to the Warriors, Pacers, and the Hornets...so I'm not sure if he's up to speed on the first part. Call me a homer...but I trust Conrad here.

The Sixers will be one of 12 teams wearing a throwback uniform this season, something the NBA allows a team to do once every five seasons

I think the writer mixed up NBA and NFL rules. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don’t think these are bad per se, but the Sixers have so many better options to throw back to that these are a bit underwhelming. Does the Hardwood Classics logo always feature the old font? I’m not sure how to feel about changing the colors of the logo but keeping the font the same, especially if the NBA logo on the back has the new font

spacer.png

Missed opportunity not to use one of my favourite basketball uniforms of all time 20 years after they were introduced 

spacer.png

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I always felt like earned jerseys should be one design for each team and can only be used when teams make the playoffs. Like maybe white and gold jerseys. And only come on sale for a team when they make the playoffs. It’s hard to explain. But it’s like the old earned jerseys system but only one design being used forever so Nike doesn’t have to come up with new designs for 16 teams every year.

IMG-7122.gif

3 hours ago, Pyromania1983 said:

Interesting thing to note with this reveal. "Earned" editions won't be in the form of uniforms anymore. ???

EA5T8dxWwAYq0kM.png

Yay for less uniforms but thats just another shot in the knee for pistons fans hoping for the chance of a new red uniform. 😞

11 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

I don’t think these are bad per se, but the Sixers have so many better options to throw back to that these are a bit underwhelming. Does the Hardwood Classics logo always feature the old font? I’m not sure how to feel about changing the colors of the logo but keeping the font the same, especially if the NBA logo on the back has the new font

spacer.png

Missed opportunity not to use one of my favourite basketball uniforms of all time 20 years after they were introduced 

spacer.png

They were introduced in 2001. Still have time. 

3 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

I always felt like earned jerseys should be one design for each team and can only be used when teams make the playoffs. Like maybe white and gold jerseys. And only come on sale for a team when they make the playoffs.

The production schedule makes that idea impossible...plus I don't want to see just white and gold jerseys in the playoffs. 

11 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

They were introduced in 2001. Still have time. 

In 2001 they changed templates to the wide shoulders  and the new blue jerseys didn’t have arm trim. The first version had arm trim and the memorial black stripe they had in 1999/00spacer.png

07Giants.pngnyy.png

6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The production schedule makes that idea impossible...plus I don't want to see just white and gold jerseys in the playoffs. 

It wouldn’t be directly during the playoffs. But the season after. Just like the old earned jerseys. So by then Nike would know what team made the playoffs and the production? And can’t they use the same design template ready to use each year? Sry I’m stupid 

IMG-7122.gif

Archived