San Diego Padres 2020 Rebrand Discussion

Gothamite

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Teal said:

Brown in 2020 or bust. 

Born and raised Padre fan but officially quit supporting the team after they changed from the blue/yellow All Star uniforms to the navy/white versions they wear now. It was the last straw. Going back to brown full time is the only thing that will get me back on board. 

3 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Born and raised Padre fan but officially quit supporting the team after they changed from the blue/yellow All Star uniforms to the navy/white versions they wear now. It was the last straw. Going back to brown full time is the only thing that will get me back on board. 

Those ASG year unis were very good. Miss them. Actually just picked up an on field worn one at FanFest last week cheap. And the accompanying BP jerseys for $5 each.

4 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I can understand that.  While I didn't suddenly renounce the Nets after their switch from their beautiful Kidd-era uniforms to the drab black and white set, I can see now that that uniform change is the root cause of my gradually drifting away from the team.  If the Nets were to re-embrace either that set or the classic Dr. J / Buck Williams set, then this would surely re-ignite my passion.  (In other words: I admit that I care more about the uniform than about the team itself.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

57 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I can understand that.  While I didn't suddenly renounce the Nets after their switch from their beautiful Kidd-era uniforms to the drab black and white set, I can see now that that uniform change is the root cause of my gradually drifting away from the team.  If the Nets were to re-embrace either that set or the classic Dr. J / Buck Williams set, then this would surely re-ignite my passion.  (In other words: I admit that I care more about the uniform than about the team itself.)

Right, my protest was a combination of many things including rebuilding year after year after year. The turn to all navy was just the final straw of them saying "we don't really care about you fans at all, including your like of the traditional Padres' colors"

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/padres/sd-sp-padres-brown-official-mlb-uniforms-0125-story.html

High-fives!  One more generic year before the 2020 Padres come back to their roots!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Love it.

The Padres notified Major League Baseball of their intent to wear new uniforms starting in 2020, and the organization conducted focus groups testing brown uniforms on Wednesday and Thursday.

Of the three home and three road variations shown to some 250 people who identified themselves as Padres fans, all the choices featured combinations of brown and gold.

The home uniform choices included a pinstripe white version and two solid white versions with brown lettering and gold accents. Road choices were a solid tan and brown uniform and two choices that included a rich brown jersey with tan and brown pants, one of which had pinstripes.

The team has until the end of May to submit its final versions to MLB.

27 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/padres/sd-sp-padres-brown-official-mlb-uniforms-0125-story.html

High-fives!  One more generic year before the 2020 Padres come back to their roots!

Navy for 2020 confirmed.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:58 PM, Gothamite said:

That HatClub cap is a re-creation of the 1985 prototype that the Padres considered but rejected. 

https://www.gaslampball.com/2016/12/1/13804612/tfhs-closer-look-prototype-padres-brown-orange-1985-rare-asg-jersey-hat-yellow

Rare_Proto_Cap.jpg

Why was this never used?! That SD is really great as a starting point for an identity.  Has sort of the wavy-ness that they had tried to do much later, and maintains the Brown/Gold.  This is a really unique design imo

Also, fantastic that they're going back to Brown for 2020.  The designs described sound exactly how they should: not too overdone and maintaining a classic design with a truly unique scheme.

1 minute ago, BJ Sands said:

Keep it simple and traditional, Padres. You'll have unique colors that will carry the design. You don't have to do much else.

1 minute ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

A tan and brown road uniform? I think I'm in love

I keep coming back to the originals.

27022151672_1cd196fdbd_b.jpg45256_01_lg.jpg

Padres Focus-Testing Brown and Yellow for 2020

January 25, 2019 - 20:13 PM

The San Diego Padres are focus-testing three home and road uniform options for the 2020 season, all of which feature a brown and yellow colour scheme, this according to both the San Diego Union-Tribune and the email accounts of a […]

Read More...

I hope they go with the "SD" from 1985 until a few years ago.  I like it much better than the "stocky" one from the 1970s and I really don't like the little gap in the "D" right now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived