Burger King Logo Discussion.

simtek34

11 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Wendy's, you're on the clock.

Wendy-s.jpg

Wendy's current logo is better than the classic. Maybe pair the old serif wordmark with the current Wendy, and you might be onto something.

16 hours ago, Cujo said:

**Unrelated note: Dr Pepper is also overdue for a new logo. They have the same 2000y swirl as BK just got away from. Outdated af

At least Dr. Pepper's logo has a reason for the swoosh, referencing the oval of the old logos. The 2005 version was garbage, but I think the 2015 update is okay. Maybe drop the extra swoosh that completes the "oval", but the typeface and stylized P are pretty solid.

spacer.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, burgundy said:

At least Dr. Pepper's logo has a reason for the swoosh, referencing the oval of the old logos. The 2005 version was garbage, but I think the 2015 update is okay. Maybe drop the extra swoosh that completes the "oval", but the typeface and stylized P are pretty solid.

📢📢 BRING IT BACK

340?cb=20170424153907

6uXNWAo.png

12 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I love the old logo. However, I don’t think it fits well with the aesthetic of their fairly new design restaurants

I agree. Out of the company’s logo history, 1984-1997 was probably the best looking era of the bunch. Should they revert back to it like how Pizza Hut did and Burger King is doing? Maybe, but do some refining.

spacer.png

Dr Pepper has always had mediocre logos.  As long as they stick with that burgundy color it is all they need imo

I can't tell because the board's search engine ascended to a higher plane of consciousness, but did we ever talk at length about all the swooshes and swirls of 2000s design? 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Since Dr. Pepper is invading the Burger King thread, reminder there is a Soda thread. 

Back on topic, thank god. It's about time Burger King ditched the glossy burger with the blue swoosh. Dairy Queen, you're next. I don't mean the exact old logo (hate the unevenness,) but get rid of the swooshes and hit cmd+I. I like the font and the shape of the current one more than the older one though.

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

I can't believe their last logo, all shiny and horrid, endured over 20 years. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

24 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I can't believe their last logo, all shiny and horrid, endured over 20 years. 

God that makes me feel old. I remember the first time I saw that logo on a discarded cup and thought it was the coolest thing...

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

On 1/1/2021 at 9:51 AM, DNAsports said:

Reminds me of how Pizza Hut reverted back to their far superior classic logo

spacer.png

Big win for Burger King if they’re truly reverting to the classic logo.

Taco Bell up next!

2.22.18-Taco-Bell.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

14 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/531226651288403998/796760460695306280/unknown.png

Its official

The new font is somewhere between the 1969 logo and the 1994 logo. Not as loose and bubbly as the '69 logo, but not as geometric as the '94 logo. And the bun actually has better proportions, and looks more like a bun. It's a nice update that 99.9% of people won't even notice is different from the classic logo.

And here's a video showing off their new branding:

I like the new color palette. If you're named Burger King, you may as well use the colors of a burger. The rusty red and amber still have the familiar fast food feel, but are different enough from McDonald's and Wendy's, especially when you add in the brown. And I like that they're still using a shade of green in the branding, even if it is limited.

spacer.png

y'know, this is kinda surreal to me considering I never really knew a world without the modernized BK logo (which, for the record, gives me nostalgia for NFS Underground 2). with the related branding, the new (old?) logo feels very specifically '70s; seems weird to invoke the most unappetizing decade in recent history for a restaurant, but I'm just some dumb zoomer, so what do I know.

as an aside, I will personally fight everyone here who doesn't like the '00s Pizza Hut logo. that was the pinnacle of restaurant logo design and I'm willing to die for that cheese-stuffed belief.

53Ocz8U.png

6 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

as an aside, I will personally fight everyone here who doesn't like the '00s Pizza Hut logo. that was the pinnacle of restaurant logo design and I'm willing to die for that cheese-stuffed belief.

strange hill to die on

On 1/8/2021 at 11:11 AM, EddieJ1984 said:

The one thing I will miss is the uniforms the employees were wearing the last few years.

Burger King Careers & Jobs - Zippia

I saw a new, similar version of them on a commercial.

Love the new look. Almost makes me wanna try their nasty food again

fiowXOD.png

Archived