2019 Lower League US Soccer - USL Championship, League 1, League 2, NPSL, etc

Dilbert

1 hour ago, BigRed618 said:

I’m just glad to see that Green Bay is getting more attention in the sports world. Outside of Lambeau Field, that is. They got this, an indoor football team, and a baseball team. Do they have hockey yet?

The Green Bay Gamblers have been going strong for almost a quarter century.  They also had a previous USHL club in the Green Bay Bobcats.

It's not as if various attempts at other sports haven't been tried in Green Bay.  But Northeast Wisconsin is a market with a very decentralized population, with clusters throughout the region.  The biggest metro area in the region is actually the Fox Cities, which is about 30 miles outside of Green Bay.  It's a string of cities and towns along the Fox River clustered around Appleton (pop. 74,600) and continues for another 20 miles on through Oshkosh (pop. 66,000).  Yet Green Bay (pop. 105,000) still manages to be the single biggest city.  

Screenshot-2019-02-12-at-4-35-02-PM.png

Essentially, Green Bay never had a long-term baseball operation largely because the area was always served by the Appleton Foxes or Wisconsin Timber Rattlers in the Midwest League.  

Green Bay does have a D1 basketball team (UWGB) that plays in the arena across the street from Lambeau. But Oshkosh has traditionally hosted various minor league pro hoops clubs in leagues like the CBA.  Oshkosh is about equidistant from Green Bay and Milwaukee and far enough from each to operate without their toes being stepped on.  It's Oshkosh's past success with hosting minor league ball that lead to the Bucks establishing the Wisconsin Herd there (though the promise to build a new arena certainly didn't hurt).

Hockey in the area has always pretty much been limited to Green Bay, though.  Since no other city in the area has ever had a large arena with an ice plant.

It's gonna be interesting to see how soccer plays out.  Because Appleton has a couple facilities that could potentially host clubs (Fox Cities Stadium and the Banta Bowl), and there's a 9,000-seat football facility on the UW-Oshkosh campus.  I feel like we may potentially see three clubs playing within 50 miles of each other.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

I know, right?

I’m not above a little smut, but it damn well sure better be clever smut. 😛 

Still can’t quite believe that’s good enough that a Minnesotan has to bite his tongue to avoid making the joke. ;) 

We make lots of bad jokes at our drunken neighbors expense.  I apologize that my inner 12 year old found it funny and others didn't get it or think it was funny.

Let's get back to the topic at hand which is a well executed logo.  Hopefully the uniforms will be as excellent in execution as this logo is

there’s quite a list of imperfections in the logo (that Y in Green Bay really has a mind of its own) but I suppose the imperfect, caddywampus nature of it leads to the charm. I can’t say I like it, but I can appreciate what it’s going for. I think it could reach its max potential sewn onto a wool sweater

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I don't mind it, but it looks like a new take on an old logo for a Wisconsin summer camp that had its peak years between 1955-1960 and just got bought by investors with deep pockets trying to cash in on the nostalgia.

51 minutes ago, xbhaskarx said:

A new contender emerges... (not one of the worst, but a downgrade imo):

USL:

Nashville_SC_crest_2018.svg

MLS:

nash-0.png?qkwXXM.p9Uny8uDZa0REnd0MX8REPhttps://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/02/20/nashville-mls-expansion-team-unveils-name-crest

IMHO I would have been completely fine with the logo had the shield been in the shape of a guitar pick. I am totally not feeling the gold tag shape. 

It's only matter of time until an opposing supporters group dubs Nashville SC  "The Dumbells", right? I'm picturing an entire supporters section clad as Hans and Franz, celebrating each goal that their team scores against Nashville SC by chanting (and clapping) - in unison - "We're here to fµ©k (clap) you up!"

12 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

It's only matter of time until an opposing supporters group dubs Nashville SC  "The Dumbells", right? I'm picturing an entire supporters section clad as Hans and Franz, celebrating each goal that their team scores against Nashville SC by chanting (and clapping) - in unison - "We're here to fµ©k (clap) you up!"

The team's own supporters group should adopt this!

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

They haven’t officially unveiled it yet, but the Timbers’ USL affiliate, Timbers 2, will be wearing this as their new home kit this year:

0QDFBXI.jpg

It’s essentially just a dumbed down, miTeam version of the MLS side’s new primary kit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

USL Championship expansion franchise New Mexico United has unveiled its home and away jerseys, each featuring a unique sponsor.

The Santa Fe-based art collective Meow Wolf will serve as sponsor of New Mexico United's home kit. 
j6ufFE0l.jpg

Meanwhile, New York-based investment management firm KraneShares has secured sponsorship rights to New Mexico United's road kit.

d3hEnEDl.jpg

USL Championship expansion franchise El Paso Locomotive FC has unveiled its primary and change kits for the 2019 season. Southwest University will serve as the club's presenting kit partner, with front-of-jersey placement. Estrella Jalisco, GECU, Helen of Troy, and Swift Transportation are also kit partners, with their logo placements on the sleeve (GECU), back of jersey (Estrella Jalisco and Helen of Troy), and shorts (Swift Transportation).

Primary

7KugAlkl.jpg902RTFul.jpg

Change
1znnceSl.jpg1zpdsbol.jpg 

Archived