2019 Lower League US Soccer - USL Championship, League 1, League 2, NPSL, etc

Dilbert

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't their choice.  The team owners don't own the name - it belongs to the company that still owns Silverbacks Park.

http://www.npsl.com/news/9647

“After three years of running the Silverbacks as owner, general manager, and head coach, we have had some success and challenges on and off the field,” Atlanta SC Owner and President Phoday Dolleh commented. “Both the Silverbacks Park ownership and myself have come to an agreement to move in separate direction. The park will keep the name, giving us no choice but to rebrand. We want to continue to be key player in the development of soccer in best soccer city in the U.S.”  

Everything associated with the NASL continues to be a mess.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

It wasn't their choice.  The team owners don't own the name - it belongs to the company that still owns Silverbacks Park.

I don't even like the Silverbacks name, no problem whatsoever with them dropping it.  The awful crest, on the other hand, is definitely their choice, and deserves mockery.

"The colors represent the Georgia peach"... wonder what the ACTUAL PEACH represents!

It’s worse, but probably not *the* worst. The previous one wasn’t great by any stretch, but I do think it had greater potential.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

15 hours ago, Gothamite said:

They could have switched to another nickname that begins with S. That crest is too good to lose.

Also, if they were prepared to go with "Atlanta Soccer Club",  they could have just added the word "Club" under the "AS" monogram.

This is a major loss.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I’m not sure they own the crest, either. 

But the sports complex remains Atlanta Silverbacks Park. Wouldn’t be surprised if they continue to use the IP. 

Not that it’s all that special; the monogram is too wide for the white space, it should be more square, and the tiny letters around the outside are not a great choice.  It could be a solid badge but needs work. 

That logo wasn’t anywhere near the best one in their design contest:

https://facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.459948847389681.113905.142163815834854&type=1

That is absolutely disgusting. With that said, I have rooted for the Silverbacks to fail for close to 5 years now. They came to play the Rapids in US Open Cup when they were still in a respectable league and started a full on brawl and were overall the most classless, terrible group of players, coaches, and staff I have ever witnessed. Good riddance.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

On 1/4/2019 at 9:33 PM, Chromatic said:

I don’t think it’s that bad. It’s not ideal obviously but there are far worse out there. Hell, it’s even better than some MLS crests.

Which ones? You can't just make a statement like that and not specify which MLS teams you think have a worse crest than this abomination... 

51 minutes ago, xbhaskarx said:
On 1/5/2019 at 12:33 AM, Chromatic said:

Hell, it’s even better than some MLS crests.

Which ones? You can't just make a statement like that and not specify which MLS teams you think have a worse crest than this abomination...

New England.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

20 hours ago, JTernup said:

That is absolutely disgusting. With that said, I have rooted for the Silverbacks to fail for close to 5 years now. They came to play the Rapids in US Open Cup when they were still in a respectable league and started a full on brawl and were overall the most classless, terrible group of players, coaches, and staff I have ever witnessed. Good riddance.

Yeah, their "Ultras" were widely regarded as the worst group of supporters in the NASL.  Of course, the name would have given us the first clue.

Archived