CFL 2019

Chewbacca

I think the Argonauts have great uniforms now.  Much better if they wore the dark blue jerseys over the white pants, which they do not seem to do anymore.

However, I have a soft spot for this uniform.  Heck of a uni that I would not mind them taking the field in full time.  

spacer.png

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Wade Heidt said:

I think the Argonauts have great uniforms now.  Much better if they wore the dark blue jerseys over the white pants, which they do not seem to do anymore.

However, I have a soft spot for this uniform.  Heck of a uni that I would not mind them taking the field in full time.  

spacer.png

1. Fun fact, I was at the game when that picture was taken.

2. Argos need to use that helmet striping pattern full time.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

2 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

Re: the helmets, yup your right, I forgot they enlarged the logo. Thanks for reminding me.(I'm embarrassed to admit I forgot about that). I agree. Blue over white is the look.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 4/14/2019 at 2:12 PM, G-tron said:

This slipped through the cracks, but the Stamps store is selling off all Outlaw helmets because all teams will only have one helmet for this upcoming season:

It's bittersweet because it means we finally get rid of the Stampeders' black away helmets, but we also lose out on the amazing outlaw helmets. I'll take it though. 

It will be interesting to see which helmet the Lions wear this season.

This is a great day for Canada and therefor the World!

zyyMk1d.png

• 3 weeks later...

The Grey Cup got a new base.

i3bhKES.jpg

On the new base, the panels bearing the names of Grey Cup champions are still mounted in vertical columns, but those are now made up of individual plaques. The champions’ names on those plaques are darkened so they are easier to see.

Starting next year, a plaque from the past will be removed each year to make room for a new one honouring the newest champion.  A plaque listing the names of the 2020 Grey Cup champions, for example, will replace the 1909 plaque.

The plaques that are removed from the base will remain on permanent display at the Hall of Fame.  In addition, the entire barrel-shaped base that has been in use since 1987 will remain on display at the Hall, attached to a replica of the original chalice.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/05/03/iconic-grey-cup-trophy-gets-new-base/

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

New Era just released a preview of all the new uniforms:

Toronto going with Columbia Blue numbers, I like that. I really hope the TiCats aren’t going with a yellow base jersey, but that’s what the teaser appears to show

28 minutes ago, philcar1994 said:

Toronto going with Columbia Blue numbers, I like that. I really hope the TiCats aren’t going with a yellow base jersey, but that’s what the teaser appears to show

It's actually (supposed to be) Cambridge Blue -- their official colours are Oxford Blue and Cambridge Blue. Regardless of the actual pantone, the teaser makes the jerseys look amazing, especially the white jersey which has also been teased out. I've been waiting for them to bring back that look since 1981, when they got rid of Cambridge numbers on the road uni. My avatar shows what IMO was the greatest look Argos have ever had.

Speaking of the Argos uniforms:

D6DY0VNX4AACWn2.jpg

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Here's the Ti-cat's one too. Looks like they are dropping the yellow number outline on the white jersey. 

D6Dbx14W0AAgoXl.jpg:large

Here's the rest. We've already seen Montreal.

D6DVmhUUwAESNlM.jpg:large

D6DcwLqWwAEWSbp.jpgD6DbI9kX4AI7XH3.jpgD6Dbj1CWwAEpzlx.jpgD6DfZyzW0AAZ7U5.jpgD6DkFbCVUAA8GJH.jpg

1 minute ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Those name plates falling below the color line annoy me to no end. 

Yeah me too

CFL, New Era Release New 2019 Uniform Teasers for All Teams

May 8, 2019 - 17:49 PM

The Canadian Football League today released a series of teasers showing off their new uniform collaboration with New Era. The partnership with New Era as the exclusive on-field uniform supplier kicks off for the upcoming 2019 CFL season, previously the […]

Read More...

what in God's name is going on with the front of Ottawa's jersey?

Edit: Nevermind. It was the lighting + the background + the numbers. Looked like an "X" on the collarbone area.

Stamps with a Western-type font is nice.

Hamilton's is beautiful...but I'm biased.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

The Argos look like the font colour is reversed on the shoulders. Also its hard to tell if there is a stripe on the helmet. 

When do they unveil the new uniforms? 

4kv29i.jpg

1 hour ago, Davey said:

The Argos look like the font colour is reversed on the shoulders. Also its hard to tell if there is a stripe on the helmet. 

When do they unveil the new uniforms? 

Unis get unveiled May 15, apparently, so we're one week away. You can just barely make out the Cambridge Blue stripe on the helmet right above TORONTO.

Facebook and Instagram have a few more pictures:

59900857_2275674692520654_44209367068117

60031618_2275674779187312_76070831236159

59941371_2275670215854435_82300993972627

59647377_2275670282521095_72754887046494

60174266_2275665922521531_34358292338410

59976322_2275665969188193_56372002516610

Saskatchewan, Winnipeg, Calgary, and Edmonton look exactly the same (except for the latter three's collars) so I didn't bother posting them, but you can find them here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/NewEraCanada/posts/

I'm not really liking the Argos' change, to be honest. I feel like the Cambridge Blue numbers on an Oxford Blue jersey might be hard to see. The Ti-Cats' change on their numbers is interesting since it means there should be zero white on the home uniform. The Lions' numerals are a huge improvement, I'm just holding out hope for an orange helmet (which all signs point to no). 

I also hope this means a fix in the pants. The truncated stripes were wonky, just have them go all the way to the knee.

Image result for eskimos vs argonauts

Archived