1STROUND DRAFTPICK'S SUPER JERSEY COLLECTION CONCEPT (CHICAGO WHITE SOX ADDED!!)

1stRound DraftPick

Welcome to 1stRound DraftPick’s Super Jersey Collection! In this thread, we’ll find out what every MLB team would look like if they kept ALL of their jerseys, and simply updated them. As a result, each team would have a plethora of uniforms to choose from for their 162 game schedules.

I have a few rules for deciding which jersey to use/update.

- Each team is limited to TWELVE (12) main rotation jerseys. Yes. Twelve.

- Really old jerseys must be updated in some capacity. However, there are a few exceptions.

- Jerseys that look too similar to a previous incarnation must be considered updates. Therefore, they cannot co-exist.

- Teams can use jerseys from a previous iteration of their franchise, or from another franchise with the same name. For example, the current Milwaukee Brewers can use updated versions of the uniforms worn by the old Milwaukee Brewers that existed from 1894-1901, despite them being separate franchises.

- New jerseys can also be added.

Alright, with that out of the way….let’s get this started!

Here’s a quick link to each team’s jersey collection:

spacer.png

AL EAST

Baltimore Orioles

Boston Red Sox

New York Yankees

Tampa Bay Rays

Toronto Blue Jays

AL CENTRAL

Chicago White Sox

Cleveland Indians

Detroit Tigers

Kansas City Royals

Minnesota Twins

AL WEST

Houston Astros

Los Angeles Angels

Oakland Athletics

Seattle Mariners

Texas Rangers

spacer.png

NL EAST

Atlanta Braves

Miami Marlins

New York Mets

Philadelphia Phillies

Washington Nationals

NL CENTRAL

Chicago Cubs

Cincinnati Reds

Milwaukee Brewers

Pittsburgh Pirates

St. Louis Cardinals

NL WEST

Arizona Diamondbacks

Colorado Rockies

Los Angeles Dodgers

San Diego Padres

San Francisco Giants

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First up, the Baltimore Orioles...

spacer.png

BALTIMORE ORIOLES

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Global Logo - Update to Go Red Sox!'s Primary Logo. Used for global marketing.

Primary Logo - Same as current primary.

Secondary Logo - Update of Maryland Day Logo.

Tertiary Logos:

- Alternate O's Logo.

- Alternate Maryland Logo.

- Realistic Bird Logo.

- Block "B" 1963 Logo.

Primary Home - Update of the 1980 & 2019 Home Jerseys.
Primary Road - Update of the 1980 & 2019 Road Jerseys.

Primary Neutral - Update of the current BP Uniforms. Worn during regular season and all of Spring Training.

Alternate Home - Update of the 1980 & 2019 Alternate Orange Jerseys.

Alternate Road - Update of the 2019 Alternate Black Jerseys.

Charm City - All-new jersey. Call back to the "Maryland Day" Jerseys.

Rookie - Update of the 1901 Jerseys. Black pants as well.

Sophomore - Update of the 1902 Jerseys.

International - Update of the 1939 International League Home Jerseys.

B More - Update of the 1963 Block Letter Home Jerseys.

Dark Sleeve - Update of the 1968 Sleeveless Home. Added 1995 dark script.

Batting Practice - All-new jersey. Based on the multicolored Baltmore oriole. Worn during BP.

C&C is appreciated!

Nice start, I really dig the international jersey in particular. I love the cartoon Oriole, but the more realistic Oriole from when I was a kid was always really cool to me for some reason. It would be cool if the two could coexist like this somehow.

spacer.png

I’m glad the execution of these concepts is actually well done. Most giant concept series like this are usually low quality. I’m excited for this! 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

That 1939 fauxback ("International?") is beautiful! The wordmark works so well with the bat and the realistic bird (their best logo, IMO)... I think it might even beat St Louis's for me!

I appreciate the idea of a flag nod but I'm not sure about the orange and white touching yellow. I'm not feeling the BP. The yellow jersey is fine, but I think the sleeve striping should be black-orange-black, and the script & number should ditch the white outline. 

The rest are solid! Gotta love Baltimore's sleek black jerseys. I'd like to see the caps you would pair with each jersey, though.

I look forward to seeing more! Good work!

Spoiler

23 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

Woah... This is impressive. I'm looking forward to see the rest of the teams!!

23 hours ago, henburg said:

Nice start, I really dig the international jersey in particular. I love the cartoon Oriole, but the more realistic Oriole from when I was a kid was always really cool to me for some reason. It would be cool if the two could coexist like this somehow.

15 hours ago, JMtexan09 said:

I am digging these B More, International, and Dark Sleeves jerseys alot, these are very well-designed. Can't wait for more!

14 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I’m glad the execution of these concepts is actually well done. Most giant concept series like this are usually low quality. I’m excited for this! 

9 hours ago, vtgco said:

That 1939 fauxback ("International?") is beautiful! The wordmark works so well with the bat and the realistic bird (their best logo, IMO)... I think it might even beat St Louis's for me!

I appreciate the idea of a flag nod but I'm not sure about the orange and white touching yellow. I'm not feeling the BP. The yellow jersey is fine, but I think the sleeve striping should be black-orange-black, and the script & number should ditch the white outline. 

The rest are solid! Gotta love Baltimore's sleek black jerseys. I'd like to see the caps you would pair with each jersey, though.

I look forward to seeing more! Good work!

7 hours ago, Heitert said:

This is a great idea for a series and an impressive start. The international jersey is amazing. Honestly, every jersey is stellar, there isn't a bad one in the bunch. 

I can't wait to see more!

Wow! Thanks everyone for the feedback! I had a feeling that the International jersey would be everyone's favorite here. When I saw the International League uniforms while studying I knew I had to include it and update it. The IL jerseys actually have two birds, but I removed one to obviously differentiate from St. Louis's jerseys.

The Charm City jersey was made because yellow orioles exist, and I wanted to reference them somehow. Also, yellow is one of Baltimore's official colors. The Orioles' Maryland Day jerseys have always looked bad to me, so I decided that my take on it would be simple, but still eye catching. I kept orange and white, because removing those colors would make the jersey look TOO simple....it'll just looks like a simple yellow alternate. I also wanted to keep the striping consistent.

With the BP jerseys I just wanted to try something new and outrageous, since there are so many other jerseys anyway. That theme might carry on to other teams as well. I mean, how often do we see players in their BPs anyway? I feel like getting to see the Orioles in their BP would be a cool sight. Thanks for the feedback, vgtco.

As for the caps, I just wanted to keep this about the jerseys, since there are so much of them. I'll leave it up to you guys to decide the caps, pants and socks that would best fit to complete the uniform. That should be a fun way for everyone to get involved in the thread.

What I would do is have:

-the primary and alternate home jerseys use white panel caps,

-primary and alternate road use all black caps

-primary neutral, Charm City, and Dark Sleeve jerseys can use either the white panel or all black primary caps.

-1901 updates use the O's cap

-1902 and 1963 home use the block B cap, and

-International uses the realistic bird cap.

That's 5 total caps. How about you guys?

My personal favorite jerseys are the Primary Home and International jerseys. But I think they all look good, so I'm glad you guys like them.

The BoSox are up next....

4FC5CxF.png

BOSTON RED SOX

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Global Logo - Update of current alternate logo. Used for global marketing.

Primary Logo - Same as current primary.

Secondary Logo - Same as current secondary.

Tertiary Logos:

- Alternate Inverted Roundel "B". Used domestically.

- Updated 1901 Boston Americans Logo .

- Updated 1908 Boston Red Stockings Logo.

Primary Home - Update of the 1968 & 2019 Home Jerseys. Piping finally matches the other jerseys.
Primary Road - Update of the 1994 & 2019 Road Jerseys.

Primary Neutral - All-new jersey. Based on 1989 Mesh Batting Practice Jersey. Worn during regular season and all of Spring Training.

Alternate Home - Update of the 2019 Alternate Home Jerseys

Alternate Road - Update of the 2019 Alternate Road Jerseys

Green Monster - All-new jersey. Reference to Fenway Park and Green Monster. Based on Primary Neutral.

Americans - Update of the 1901 "Boston Americans" Home Jersey. Worn anytime. Guaranteed for Independence Day and Independence Week home games.

Americans Alternate - All-new jersey. Color swap of the 1908 "Boston Americans" Alternate Jersey. Worn with cream-colored pants to match the wordmark. Worn anytime. Guaranteed for Memorial Day and Independence Week home games.

Red Stocking - Update of the 1908 "Boston Red Stockings" Home Jersey.

Olde Towne - 1950 & 2013 Mix. Specifically, an update of the 1950 Home & 2013 Boston Strong Jerseys.

Gothic - 1950 & 2013 Mix. Specifically, and update of the 1950 Road & 2013 Road Jerseys.

Batting Practice - Update of the 1989 Mesh Batting Practice Jersey. Similar style to "Red Stocking" Jersey.

C&C is appreciated!

I like all of them, even the green one that seems very not traditional. But I think there’s too many logos on the Red Stocking Jersey, id remove the B logo, and the stripe across the jersey. Maybe replace the Sox logo on the side for the b. I think that would look much better. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

57 minutes ago, Eastport76 said:

Red Sox looks neat, but I rather switch the baseball and the roundel's colors.

Thanks for the compliment!

As for the roundel, do you mean something like this?:

Spoiler

spacer.png

With the roundel I wanted to try something different...incorporating the navy somehow, but this navy roundel seemed too dark. I did consider it as one of the Global Logo's alternates, though.

If more people want the change I will change it. Thanks for C&C

53 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

I like all of them, even the green one that seems very not traditional.

Thanks a lot. Yeah I normally hate when the Red Sox wear Green jerseys. But its mostly because the shade of green is too saturated and the still wear red hosiery with it...looks like Christmas. But using Fenway's green still gives it a Red Sox type feel imo.

But I think there’s too many logos on the Red Stocking Jersey, id remove the B logo, and the stripe across the jersey. Maybe replace the Sox logo on the side for the b. I think that would look much better. 

So here's the thing... I personally hate the Red Stocking jersey. So I wanted to somehow leave the stocking in the middle, while making it seem more interesting. Adding the stripe is something that baseball teams rarely do, bur is more common in soccer. I wanted to see how it looked and I did end up liking it.

However, I do understand why you think there are too many logos. Here are 3 other options:

Spoiler

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

I removed the hanging socks, so were down to 2 logos. The third one is the one you suggested. Though I still feel like its too plain without the stripe, or something around it. 

Which one do you like best? I'll wait to see what other say before i update it. Thanks for the C&C. Very much appreciated.

44 minutes ago, 1stRound DraftPick said:

Thanks for the compliment!

As for the roundel, do you mean something like this?:

Hide contents

spacer.png

With the roundel I wanted to try something different...incorporating the navy somehow, but this navy roundel seemed too dark. I did consider it as one of the Global Logo's alternates, though.

If more people want the change I will change it. Thanks for C&C

Looks great. I prefer this logo than just hanging socks. For real.

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

Wow, I just discovered this thread. Really intriguing premise for a series and AWESOME results. Looking forward to more, especially how you handle my White Sox!

EDIT: I agree with everyone who'd said they'd like to see hats, as it would really complete the look of these designs. 

10 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Are we going to see hats at all? 

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Wow, I just discovered this thread. Really intriguing premise for a series and AWESOME results. Looking forward to more, especially how you handle my White Sox!

EDIT: I agree with everyone who'd said they'd like to see hats, as it would really complete the look of these designs. 

I wanted to just do the jerseys, but I'll see what I can do with the hats. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

The hanging sock roundel logo is better than the one that you presented. I feel having "Boston Red Sox...EST 1901" makes it too busy. The hanging sock is better presented and I think would suit the Red Sox better.

The hanging sock white roundel is the global logo. But what I'll do is keep the hanging sox navy roundel as the global, while keeping with "EST 1901 B" white roundel as an alternate. That should complete the look.

Archived