2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

6 minutes ago, Digby said:

I'm pleasantly surprised with the Celtics this season; just about everyone has played at or above their potential, and they've only really had two stinkers all season (opening night and that one Toronto loss). They have a lot of games in January against pretty "meh" opposition so if they're going to make a real run at the 1 seed, now would be the time to do it. That said, I think the Bucks are just too dominant in a way that Boston isn't, and at any rate I can't see Boston (or anyone in the East) having the ability to control Giannis enough to win a playoff series.

I don’t know, I think brad Stevens could find a way. I mean the coach for team Brazil was able to figure it out pretty easy, block the lane and force him to shoot. He’s had 1 good shooting game this year from deep

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Melo scored 28 tonight, including the game winner, on the road against the Raptors. Nice win for the Blazers who could be on the verge of actually good if they make a trade and Nurcic comes back.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Melo scored 28 tonight, including the game winner, on the road against the Raptors. Nice win for the Blazers who could be on the verge of actually good if they make a trade and Nurcic comes back.

He was actually +11 tonight and combined with Whiteside they were +19.

Let's see how things are going in Cleveland!

After stunning his players in a film session Wednesday with a verbal suggestion that they were no longer playing "like a bunch of thugs," Cleveland Cavaliers coach John Beilein later reached out to players individually to insist he instead meant to use the word "slugs."

Great!

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, dfwabel said:

BTW, Kevin Love is due $90M over three years after this season.  He is nearly untradeable

If I were Denver, I would offer the Cavs, Paul Millsap, straight up for Kevin Love.

I think Love is both a better player and a better fit for Denver than Millsap. The Nuggets are locked in for at least $80 million for the next three years anyway, so it's not like Love's contact makes their cap situation any worse than it already is. Plus the Nuggets are going to need a replacement for Millsap regardless and its going to be tough to find someone as good Millsap with their cap situation.

Millsap's contract is up after this year, which gives Cleveland their salary relief in return, so it seems like it could be a win-win for both sides.

But beyond that, I'm hard-pressed to come up with another potential deal that would both send Love to a contender and make sense.

1 hour ago, pmoehrin said:

If I were Denver, I would offer the Cavs, Paul Millsap, straight up for Kevin Love.

I think Love is both a better player and a better fit for Denver than Millsap. The Nuggets are locked in for at least $80 million for the next three years anyway, so it's not like Love's contact makes their cap situation any worse than it already is. Plus the Nuggets are going to need a replacement for Millsap regardless and its going to be tough to find someone as good Millsap with their cap situation.

Millsap's contract is up after this year, which gives Cleveland their salary relief in return, so it seems like it could be a win-win for both sides.

But beyond that, I'm hard-pressed to come up with another potential deal that would both send Love to a contender and make sense.

They don't want to pay the Luxury Tax and exchanging the two still creates the same issue: another $30M contract for a dude who will be 32, 33, 34 during its duration, yet in a steeper decline than Milsap.

That mid-range is open for anyone who can consistently hit them.

Also, the NBA needs to stop messing around with dumb tournaments and seeding and instead get ride of the corner three.

Archived