2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

Tough night for the Lakers, who sat on their thumbs for a half before finally getting it together to lose respectfully. That's two in a row though, with the Nuggets on Sunday and the Clippers on Christmas.

Speaking of, that's two games against the Rockets this year where the Clippers lost their damn minds. Lou Will was ejected and Beverley fouled out. Seems like Doc teams are easy to provoke.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Tough night for the Lakers, who sat on their thumbs for a half before finally getting it together to lose respectfully. That's two in a row though, with the Nuggets on Sunday and the Clippers on Christmas.

Speaking of, that's two games against the Rockets this year where the Clippers lost their damn minds. Lou Will was ejected and Beverley fouled out. Seems like Doc teams are easy to provoke.

Kawhi must be more beat up (injured) than they are letting on.  "Load Management" may be there to a degree, but his shooting percentage is down 6% when shooting 2s, the lowest of his career by far.  A two-year contract plus a player option might have been a mistake by him and Uncle Dennis

That Raps-Wizards game was ugly; too close for comfort. However, they held on and got clutch shooting from Freddy.
It'll be nice when they get all their starters back from injuries.

Having said that, I am looking forward to the Raptors' first prime time Christmas Day game.

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

@DG_Now, what's your favorite dunk?  You gots one

It would have been LeBron over Draymond at the end of 2016 game 7, had it happened.

Here's what Morant almost did to Love:

vince-carter-frederic-weiss-in-le-duck-d

But I think this is the best dunk/taunt highlight of all time:

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

From the story (Bolded by me):

“We did tell our teams (at the Board of Governors meeting in New York in late September) that we are looking into and continue to look into activities from this summer,” Silver told The Athletic earlier this season when asked if the Clippers were under investigation. “I will also say that we (were) trying to draw a line at this board meeting, and focus everyone on the (free agency) rules going forward. I think that (I’ll) just leave it at that. We are looking at the behavior from the summer. We have and we continue to look at it, but first and foremost we want to change the way business is done going forward.”

The stories about Robertson’s wish list made their way to the league office soon after Leonard made his decision, with concerned parties reporting that Leonard’s uncle had asked pursuing teams for much, much more than a max contract (Kawhi ultimately signed a three-year, $103 million deal with the Clippers). Sources say the league was told that Robertson asked team officials for part ownership of the team, a private plane that would be available at all times, a house and  — last but certainly not least — a guaranteed amount of off-court endorsement money that they could expect if Leonard played for their team. All of those items, to be clear, would fall well outside the confines of the league’s collective bargaining agreement.

A source with knowledge of the Kawhi-Lakers talks said Robertson made those requests repeatedly to owner Jeanie Buss over the course of three phone calls that spanned several days, and that she made it clear that such perks were illegal and would not be considered. There was even a question raised by Robertson about why Lakers legend Magic Johnson had been given a small piece of Lakers ownership so many years ago, with Buss explaining that the two situations couldn’t have been more different – even beyond the fact that one was legal and the other was not.

Archived