2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate that NBA TV broadcasts regional games on their national network. I don't appreciate that they squish the picture of that broadcast by shoving their scorebug under the regional feed.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Impossible to imagine the NBA without him. He was a giant.Ā 

Ā 

Some outlet, most likely the Ringer, did a longform piece on his post-retirement dabblings that I found very interesting. Seemed like he still really wanted to stay in the game.

ā™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneĀ ā™«

Stern did great things for the NBA, but like many people in search of the All-ighty Ollar, he gave too much power and too much money to too may douchebags financed in large part of unwilling members of the public.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This one goes out to the Brooklyn Nets and the NBA refs, courtesy of Masai Ujiri.
Despite being NBA champs, Toronto continues to be the Rodney Dangerfield of the NBA. Too many techs on ticky-tack calls. Absolutely re-fucxing-diculous.

1 hour ago, Magnus said:
This one goes out to the Brooklyn Nets and the NBA refs, courtesy of Masai Ujiri.
Despite being NBA champs, Toronto continues to be the Rodney Dangerfield of the NBA. Too many techs on ticky-tack calls. Absolutely re-fucxing-diculous.

Toronto won by 19 and fouls were Raptors +1.

Listen to my fellas EPMD,,,"You Gots to Chill".

Ā 

Kawhi was -22 today, and it's not the first time he's been -20 this season.

Ā 

Blowouts happen, but I feel like the NBA media needs to pump the brakes on Kawhi as the new king of the throne talk this year. He won a title against half a Warriors team and everyone treated that win like it was more than it was.

Ā 

Kawhi is good as hell, but until he proves it, he's a top ten guy. Not a top one.

2 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Toronto won by 19 and fouls were Raptors +1.

Listen to my fellas EPMD,,,"You Gots to Chill".

Ā 

Thanks. Feeling a lot better now that they won, the Patriots lost, Team Canada won, and even my local basketball team won.
I'll sleep well.

Can the Celtics catch the Bucks? I know theyā€™re 5 games back but the Cā€™s have played 33 games while the Bucks have played 37. The Celtics handled the Bucks in their first matchup. If not, itā€™ll be a big race to stay ahead of the Heat/Raptors/Pacers/76ers to get the reward of playing the Nets/Magic or whoever instead of one of the 4 mentioned earlier. Either way, love seeing a PG that can help the team out and the development of Tatum the way he did in the first season, and how Jaylen Brown has finally improved to the level I expect him to be at. The seasons been fun so far.

13 minutes ago, Magnus said:

Thanks. Feeling a lot better now that they won, the Patriots lost, Team Canada won, and even my local basketball team won.
I'll sleep well.

You need some Brand Nubian in your life and post too so you can just 'Slow Down'.

Ā 

44 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Kawhi was -22 today, and it's not the first time he's been -20 this season.

Ā 

Blowouts happen, but I feel like the NBA media needs to pump the brakes on Kawhi as the new king of the throne talk this year. He won a title against half a Warriors team and everyone treated that win like it was more than it was.

Ā 

Kawhi is good as hell, but until he proves it, he's a top ten guy. Not a top one.

He is really hurt and that's why his contract is for LAC sake just two seasons.

I acknowledge the Spurs f'ked Kawhi's diagnosis, Uncle Dennis really screwed his future guaranteed $$$

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

He is really hurt and that's why his contract is for LAC sake just two seasons.

I acknowledge the Spurs f'ked Kawhi's diagnosis, Uncle Dennis really screwed his future guaranteed $$$

Yeah heā€™s ā€œhurtā€ I donā€™t buy that. You are either injured and need to sit out until you are fully recovered, or you arenā€™t and donā€™t use it as an excuse.

On 1/5/2020 at 12:30 AM, JG36 said:

Can the Celtics catch the Bucks? I know theyā€™re 5 games back but the Cā€™s have played 33 games while the Bucks have played 37. The Celtics handled the Bucks in their first matchup. If not, itā€™ll be a big race to stay ahead of the Heat/Raptors/Pacers/76ers to get the reward of playing the Nets/Magic or whoever instead of one of the 4 mentioned earlier. Either way, love seeing a PG that can help the team out and the development of Tatum the way he did in the first season, and how Jaylen Brown has finally improved to the level I expect him to be at. The seasons been fun so far.

Ā 

I'm pleasantly surprised with the Celtics this season; just about everyone has played at or above their potential, and they've only really had two stinkers all season (opening night and that one Toronto loss). They have a lot of games in January against pretty "meh" opposition so if they're going to make a real run at the 1 seed, now would be the time to do it. That said, I think the Bucks are just too dominant in a way that Boston isn't, and at any rate I can't see Boston (or anyone in the East) having the ability to control Giannis enough to win a playoff series.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived