MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Question, does anyone know which old Indians cap inspired the ASG caps with the piping on the sides? I'm curious because I have no recollection of any Indians cap with that design and usually these ASG caps are inspired by an old design from the host team. 

It's probably just a design that would have been used no matter who got the game this year. I can't think of any design that used that other than possibly a cap from the 1920's. 

Related image

Image result for cleveland indians uniforms 1920

https://tribevibe.mlblogs.com/cleveland-indians-were-first-mlb-team-to-wear-numerals-on-uniforms-100-years-ago-sunday-f01f8a654c93

The Indians also tried putting numbers on the sleeves only for identifying players, and after one year it was shelved. Later on the Yankees announced the numbers would be placed on the back of the uniform. Cleveland followed suit immeidately and thus still wore them first because the Yankees home opener was rained out and the Indians  game was not. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's probably just a design that would have been used no matter who got the game this year.

Mmm...not sure on that. If the Rays got the game, I doubt they'd use this particular style. I do think it's some homage to Cleveland baseball history. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Mmm...not sure on that. If the Rays got the game, I doubt they'd use this particular style. I do think it's some homage to Cleveland baseball history. 

The problem is how lazy they've been with the wording on it, but since the Caveman C is being used as well I can see it as a tie-in to Cleveland's past. But if that's the case they should have made the batting practice jerseys match that idea as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The problem is how lazy they've been with the wording on it, but since the Caveman C is being used as well I can see it as a tie-in to Cleveland's past. But if that's the case they should have made the batting practice jerseys match that idea as well. 

I think the Caveman C is being used for July 4th, not the ASG...regular block C will be used for the ASG. 

The Indians out to bring back the seam piping, and add a white outlined to the block C next year. It's a sharp looking hat. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, WSU151 said:

I think the Caveman C is being used for July 4th, not the ASG...regular block C will be used for the ASG. 

Yup that's correct. Which is even more annoying to me as that design would look so much better with the Block C instead. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 6/19/2019 at 12:12 PM, coco1997 said:

Have the Twins unveiled their Gophers uniforms yet?

khCP1uJ.jpg

mbWRyNn.jpg

I haven't heard but if they're looking for the same era it may be these. The second picture was from 2013.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

45 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

khCP1uJ.jpg

mbWRyNn.jpg

I haven't heard but if they're looking for the same era it may be these. The second picture was from 2013.

These were the St Paul Saints (minor league), they will be playing as the St Paul Colored Gophers (negro league)

the twins ave worn St Paul Colored Gophers uniforms before

spacer.png

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

40 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

I know it’s beating a dead horse, but while seeing the 2019 All-Star results, it made me realize that WOW there is way too much navy in MLB.

spacer.pngspacer.png

To be fair, they could’ve used red for the Twins and Indians and Orange for the Astros. Also there’s probably only like 10 teams represented up there. Especially the NL, only 5 teams, Cubs, Brewers, Rockies, Dodgers, and Braves, 4 of them include blue of some kind. 

But there is is a point, blue is over used in the MLB, but it’s been like that for over half a century so it’s not like much will change

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived