2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

49 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

If the Senators used their pre-Edge alternate as the base for a primary look, it'd be their best look.

Outside of the Serpentine font and with the updated 2D crest, you’d be right!

spacer.png

Screw barberpole. This team is not the Silver Seven and they never will be. 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To join in on the discussion of the Ducks' original eggplant and jade look, I just have to say that it's my favorite hockey jersey ever and is the only jersey I own that is from a team that I'm actually not a fan of. 

That being said, I think they could update the jersey and logo slightly to better fit a modern identity. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

11 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Agreed on the font but I don’t mind the 3D centurion. That being said, the updated 2D centurion would look just fine too. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Those Senators alternates were so good. How did they not see that for themselves? 

Reebok had other ideas for them I guess. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Even before the Great Edgening, they only wore them sparingly. They gave more play to these monstrosities:

autographed_signed_marian_hossa_ottawa_s

And then somehow got worse from there. Like I said in the bad brands thread, the Senators have always had all the pieces necessary for an elite presentation, but screw it up just about everywhere they can.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

spacer.png

The Washington Nationals aren't the Washington Senators, but no one cares that they took their cap logo. If Seattle gets an expansion NBA franchise everyone will expect them to be called the Sonics, and wear the classic green & gold. Black, red, and white are the signature Ottawa sports colours, not gold.

Besides, Vegas uses a similar colour scheme, has a nicer helmeted warrior logo, and even uses a laurel pattern in their gold sleeve stripes.

The Sens need to either go back to the '90s look or to the =O= full time. 

I agree with the post above. The Sens should stay true to the city's cohesive colour scheme. I hope they go back to their 90s jerseys with the updated 2D logo. There's too many red and black teams in the NHL already, this would be a great opportunity for the sens to become the league's black and red team.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Even before the Great Edgening, they only wore them sparingly. They gave more play to these monstrosities:

autographed_signed_marian_hossa_ottawa_s

These look great compared to what they've worn for the past 13 years.  Should have stayed an alternate though.  The Senators brand problems began when this jersey was promoted to primary status without changing the road to match.

18 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

The Washington Nationals aren't the Washington Senators, but no one cares that they took their cap logo.

856419-20171112-chuck-mosley-faith-no-mo

I CARE A LOT!

The DC monogram looks like it was designed to match the rest of the set and would have made for a nice break with the incompetent Senators Mk. II. The Nats, too, had everything in place for a classic set right out of the gate, and then tweaked it into ruin before they played a single game because they felt like they had to work around that stupid red hat.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I CARE A LOT!

The DC monogram looks like it was designed to match the rest of the set and would have made for a nice break with the incompetent Senators Mk. II. The Nats, too, had everything in place for a classic set right out of the gate, and then tweaked it into ruin before they played a single game because they felt like they had to work around that stupid red hat.

Fair enough. I didn't realize there was a portion of the Nats fanbase that felt this way.

I liked the DC cap because I'm a nerd who's intrigued by the fact that "Washington, DC" hasn't technically existed since 1871, when the DC Organic Act of that year dissolved both the cities of Washington and Georgetown to create one unified District of Columbia.

The capital of the US has technically been "the District of Columbia" since then, and I've wanted one pro team to acknowledge that in some way. 

RIP DC Defenders 😥

13 minutes ago, IceCap said:

I liked the DC cap because I'm a nerd who's intrigued by the fact that "Washington, DC" hasn't technically existed since 1871, when the DC Organic Act of that year dissolved both the cities of Washington and Georgetown to create one unified District of Columbia.

The capital of the US has technically been "the District of Columbia" since then, and I've wanted one pro team to acknowledge that in some way. 

RIP DC Defenders 😥

DC United?

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

As far as I know, everyone in my age range (mid-late 20's), thinks this set is not only the best Ducks uni's, but legit one of the best modern hockey uniforms. I also know a lot of people in the same age range who were fans of the Mighty Ducks strictly because of D2/D3 movies plus the cartoon series and this uniform, and once they left this set behind, they all stopped being fans. The Eggplant one is not nearly as great as the white easily. When wearing this white uniform, the Ducks have not only never looked better, but have never sniffed anything close

spacer.png

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

Well, yeah, the black jerseys were never their primaries. They were always the alternate. The awful red jersey was the road/home from 1999 to 2007.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

3 hours ago, IceCap said:

RIP DC Defenders 😥

3 hours ago, Mingjai said:

DC United?

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-dDjgHuUVmiw35r

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

The laurel-leaf stripes don't look right if they're not black on gold as they are on all the Centurions. There's something distracting about them (BAY-BAY! WHY DON'T YOU JUST) meeting in the middle, even though that's actually truer to the logo than having them all go in one direction as they did on the old alts. Not really a fan of the S secondary the Senators used all those years, feels redundant and ugly, if you're going to have contrasting shoulder logos, maybe make the non-flag one a Peace Tower logo? maybe with copper-patina green in it?

I was going to say to use the real Ottawa flag but I always forget that Ottawa's actual flag is the logo for a software company in 1993.

500px-Flag_of_Ottawa,_Ontario.svg.png

"O-gistics: the dynamics of forefronts."

Archived