2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

13 hours ago, Crabcake said:

I know it’s the common thing to wear the same shorts at home and on the road, but the Avs really need burgundy shorts on the road. Easy 10/10 uni set with that change for me. 

Or just add a blue line on the jersey, it will look better and match the socks at the same time 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Or just add a blue line on the jersey, it will look better and match the socks at the same time 

Yeah, if the Avs matched their road sweaters to the road socks, it would be a much better match with the blue breezers. The burgundy on the hem plays really nice with the blue breezers, it just isn’t cohesive as a set. The home set is a much better look, because it has that cohesiveness. If they changed that, and ditched the black numbers it would be perfect. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Ideally the Avs would add a blue outline to the stripes on the road jersey, but I think changing the numbers from black to blue would be enough.

Look at Montreal’s away set. There’s barely any blue in the jersey, but the numbers match the pants, so it doesn’t look bad. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, insert name said:

So does Montreal get the English or French SCF patch?

My money would be on the French patch, similar to how they're the only team using the LNH version of the league logo on their collars.

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

My money would be on the French patch, similar to how they're the only team using the LNH version of the league logo on their collars.

Already confirmed: https://www.ebay.com/itm/393409666103

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 hours ago, TBGKon said:

I wouldnt count Ebay as 100% certainty.  Theres a pretty good chance they produce both patches for retail

Patch Collection is an extremely reliable source. They usually get their present-day patches directly from National Emblem, who manufactures most of the patches used on-ice in the NHL.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

4 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Only on home and third/special event jerseys

13 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

Patch Collection is an extremely reliable source. They usually get their present-day patches directly from National Emblem, who manufactures most of the patches used on-ice in the NHL.

But they have both versions up for sale. My guess is French patch on home jersey and English patch on away jersey. I hope I'm wrong, it would be cool if both jerseys had the French version

3 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

But they have both versions up for sale.

Well, yeah, it's unlikely that the Lightning would be wearing the French version.

You can get your semifinal champions gear now.   Calling them semifinal champions just isn't quite the same as conference champions.  Should have just gone with Stanley Cup Final on the shirt, like on the hat.

spacer.png

Just now, M4One said:

You can get your semifinal champions gear now.   Calling them semifinal champions just isn't quite the same as conference champions.  Doesn't seem like they really won anything.  Should have just gone with Stanley Cup Final on the shirt, like on the hat.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Or "Prince of Wales Champions" or similar

Renaming it as "Prince of Wales Champions/Winners" and "Clarence S. Campbell Champions/Winners" sounds better than "Conference Champions".  I feel like it gives it a little more prestige. 

XM4KeeA.png

43 minutes ago, insert name said:

Renaming it as "Prince of Wales Champions/Winners" and "Clarence S. Campbell Champions/Winners" sounds better than "Conference Champions".  I feel like it gives it a little more prestige. 

I agree but I guarantee they'd sell worse than the Conf Champion ones because your average fan has no clue what either of the trophies are named

On 6/26/2021 at 5:20 AM, M4One said:

You can get your semifinal champions gear now.   Calling them semifinal champions just isn't quite the same as conference champions.  Should have just gone with Stanley Cup Final on the shirt, like on the hat.

spacer.png

I've never understood the appeal of buying a shirt/hat celebrating being a Stanley Cup finalist, even when it could say conference champion. There are two possible scenarios: either your team wins, and you spend more money on championship gear which you could have waited for anyway, or your team loses, and you're stuck with merchandise reminding you of your team's failure.

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

I've never understood the appeal of buying a shirt/hat celebrating being a Stanley Cup finalist, even when it could say conference champion. There are two possible scenarios: either your team wins, and you spend more money on championship gear which you could have waited for anyway, or your team loses, and you're stuck with merchandise reminding you of your team's failure.

Get that sweet sweet merch.  Ready to hang in the closet for years.

11 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

On the bright side, at least it is technically correct and you won't end up with something like a Chicago Bears Super Bowl XLI champions shirt.

I saw, I came, I left.

On 6/28/2021 at 10:28 AM, spartacat_12 said:

Reminds of 2015 when the Mets clinched the division, I rushed out and brought the hat with the POSTSEASON side logo because I was really excited to see them in the playoffs again. Maybe after Game 2 of the NLCS I looked at my hat and said "oh god, I might have to buy another hat"

XM4KeeA.png

Archived