2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

It's crazy how teams think alternate uniforms are more worthy of being used in marquee games than the actual home uniform. The same mentality is in the NFL

16 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

What's the point of having a primary jersey if you're not going to wear it in the playoffs?

Well technically the Pens won the Cup in 2016 wearing their alternate jersey at home. They just promoted it to primary status the next season. 

As for the Canes, it sounds like they're making changes to the red home jersey next season. Maybe the flag logo moves onto the chest.

37 minutes ago, Digby said:

Is this NBC scorebug new or have I just never noticed such a monstrosity?

Pretty sure they're just reusing the MLB scoreboard; you can see the arrows for the bases on the scorebug. On a related note; god, I wish the Caps used their RR's as home jerseys in the playoffs.

31 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Pretty sure they're just reusing the MLB scoreboard; you can see the arrows for the bases on the scorebug. On a related note; god, I wish the Caps used their RR's as home jerseys in the playoffs.

Boston power plays are second base, while Washington are home plate. Very odd! Woulda preferred the regular scorebug personally.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

49 minutes ago, Mr. Krabs said:

Also noticed there is no "STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS" banner inside the blue lines on the ice, just the virtual ads.

Yup.  Even though one of the reasons for the new technology was Hockey Ops didn’t like having to cut the ice to add those banners.  

I wish they would use the digital space to signify the event instead of more ad revenue 

The Pens’ gold uniforms don’t look terrible in a vacuum. They’re not great, don’t get me wrong, but they’re not the worst uniforms in hockey. It’s tough seeing them out there on the playoff ice though knowing they eschewed a far superior home jersey for it. 

spacer.png

19 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Pretty sure they're just reusing the MLB scoreboard; you can see the arrows for the bases on the scorebug. 

When’s the last time NBC aired a baseball game? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

54 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Today, when the Phillies lost to the Blue Jays.

The regional NBC Sports Philadelphia production  isn’t quite the same as the national NBC production. 

Nonetheless...the Phillies broadcast uses a different scorebug and diamond. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived