2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

3 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Are they not painting the playoffs logo inside the blue line this year? It seems to be added by the broadcast in every game I've seen. 

Guessing not, this way they can add in the ads and rotate it.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

I don't know if someone notice that before (I'm not until now) but Coyotes Reverse Retro is missing pattern on sleeves:

$_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007Reverse-Retro-2-1024x683__1_-removebg-preview_580x.png?v=1615131607

Only Starter replica jerseys had the extra purple stripe on the green jerseys. CCM/Koho jerseys didn’t have it, and I don’t think game worn jerseys had the purple stripe. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Only Starter replica jerseys had the extra purple stripe on the green jerseys. CCM/Koho jerseys didn’t have it, and I don’t think game worn jerseys had the purple stripe. 

But I'm talking about night sky, cactus and desert design not stripes although RR has black stripes on sleeves. I might confused you because I took first picture that I found to compare.

Btw good notice too!

4r2eer.png

On 5/13/2021 at 6:03 PM, Ridleylash said:

On 5/14/2021 at 11:46 AM, spartacat_12 said:

Well technically the Pens won the Cup in 2016 wearing their alternate jersey at home. They just promoted it to primary status the next season. 

As for the Canes, it sounds like they're making changes to the red home jersey next season. Maybe the flag logo moves onto the chest.

Jeez. The red jerseys are beautiful. The black jerseys are awful, especially when worn in the playoffs. That logo just doesn't look good at all. In any way. I was hoping back-to-back embarrassments to Boston in the playoffs would shake some sense into them. If they move the stick logo to the front of the red jersey, they will look as bad as they've ever looked. Even worse than the create-a-team years. Throw in the Whalers jerseys and you have the worst uniforms in hockey.

(I loved the old stick logo and wouldn't have minded that on the front of the primary jersey at all. It actually was the shape of a logo, not a hockey stick.)

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

6 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I don't know if someone notice that before (I'm not until now) but Coyotes Reverse Retro is missing pattern on sleeves:

$_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007Reverse-Retro-2-1024x683__1_-removebg-preview_580x.png?v=1615131607

Yeah I think they wanted to tone it down a bit, and that was a good choice because it looks better.

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Good catch, I thought maybe they had it for just the first year or two and then took it off.  Also the collars on those Starter replicas are the wrong color too.

10 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Edmonton looks like crap, wtf were they thinking?

Hopefully they wanna give them a last hourra before throwing them out for good (since the last Jersey watch from Icethetics suggests a return of a royal blue alternate jersey)

10 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Edmonton looks like crap, wtf were they thinking?

I wonder if they think the Navy alternate will sell more to casuals who are just watching the playoffs and want to get a McDavid or Draisatl jersey. The orange ones are a bit loud to wear casually if you aren't an Oilers fan. 🤷‍♂️

I guess this belongs in the unpopular opinions thread, but I don't mind the Oilers alternate. I wouldn't want to see it become the primary, but I like the idea of jerseys that have absolutely no white on them being worn once in a while. It reminds me of the Bears throwback that I liked as well.

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I guess this belongs in the unpopular opinions thread, but I don't mind the Oilers alternate. I wouldn't want to see it become the primary, but I like the idea of jerseys that have absolutely no white on them being worn once in a while. It reminds me of the Bears throwback that I liked as well.

spacer.png

Their white pants kinda throw this comparison out the window.

On 5/15/2021 at 7:43 PM, Digby said:

Is this NBC scorebug new or have I just never noticed such a monstrosity?

The scorebug is one thing, NBC's coverage of the playoffs is the real montrosity.

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

I wouldn't say the uniform was a horrible IDEA (albeit a little trite, see Carolina, Dallas, Ottawa, Philadelphia and San Jose), but it was executed terribly. The striping pattern has no relevance to the Oilers brand at all, doesn't match and is nearly invisible. 

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

On 5/13/2021 at 7:25 PM, fouhy12 said:

What's the point of having a primary jersey if you're not going to wear it in the playoffs?

Kinda shocked VGK went with their primaries (and no gold helmet!). Was expecting the gold unis. 

On 5/16/2021 at 3:37 PM, Kramerica Industries said:

Noticing that Las Vegas is, finally, back in the usual gray helmets with their gray sweaters today.

Hopefully this is a prevailing of common sense.

Or maybe the helmets were introduced too late to be considered for playoffs. Not sure.  

16 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Their white pants kinda throw this comparison out the window.

I was mainly referring to the jersey. Obviously monochrome coloured uniforms are much more common in hockey than in football.

Are the Oilers really going to make their navy blue and orange neon jerseys the new primary home jersey? They are promoting the heck out of that look in these playoffs. I spotted a huge version of the neon logo on one of the seat cover panels and the team's Twitter avatar is that logo sorta on a white background with a navy outline.

If this becomes the primary, they will have moved so far away from looking like a classic team, that at this point they should bring back the McFarlane comet in the new colors.

If there's still such a huge demand for the 80s look full-time, the only thing I ask is why did they retire it so quickly, when they finally decided to bring it back? The team clearly loves navy more.

19 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

If this becomes the primary, they will have moved so far away from looking like a classic team, that at this point they should bring back the McFarlane comet in the new colors.

I'm here for that.

5e17pdgarfo41.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived